PDA

View Full Version : Matt Wyatt on H2H say:

TrapGame
09-10-2014, 04:34 PM
He talked to Mullen and was told the only reason Williams took all those snaps Saturday was Dak's foot injury. He wanted to rest Dak as much as he could. But, had Dak not injured his foot Williams would have seen a lot less playing time.

HancockCountyDog
09-10-2014, 04:37 PM
He talked to Mullen and was told the only reason Williams took all those snaps Saturday was Dak's foot injury. He wanted to rest Dak as much as he could. But, had Dak not injured his foot Williams would have seen a lot less playing time.

That doesn't make sense. We ran Dak 18 damn times on Saturday. If he is so hurt, you don't run him 18 times. Especially not when you are up 3 scores in the 4th.

AROB44
09-10-2014, 04:40 PM
Mullen can't win. Whatever he does is wrong.

messageboardsuperhero
09-10-2014, 04:41 PM
That doesn't make sense. We ran Dak 18 damn times on Saturday. If he is so hurt, you don't run him 18 times. Especially not when you are up 3 scores in the 4th.

You do if the game is in jeopardy in the third quarter. Had Damien been able to move the offense and put some points on the board when he did play, then Dak wouldn't have run the ball 18 times.

TrapGame
09-10-2014, 04:42 PM

Yep, I agree. I kinda think Mullen is feeling some coaching heat from the rotation thing and he's over justifying it.

But, Mullen should have left Dak in for one more TD before he switched QBs.

Coackjek
09-10-2014, 05:00 PM

That as the third quarter we went up 3 scores. The way they were torching our corners, I would have left Dak in as well

LC Dawg
09-10-2014, 05:11 PM
This is all part of Dan Mullen's master plan. He worked his way up through Wagner, Columbia, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Bowling Green, Utah, and Florida just so he could get the head coaching job at Mississippi State because he wanted to screw with message board posters with his player rotations.

DawgPoundtheRock
09-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Oh, god. Not again. Can we not beat this dead horse for about the 40th time this week.

cheewgumm
09-10-2014, 05:24 PM
I tihnk he is trying to win but not cover.

Possibly mob bosses have informed him not to cover against UAB and possibly SA, because it seems like a gimme. If we don't cover, they clean up. So, Mullen is walking the fine line of winning, but not covering. Once we get to LSU, he will be unleashed to try and win and cover, because everyone will be betting on LSU.

This is the only logical explanation.

Political Hack
09-10-2014, 05:47 PM
I figured that had a lot to do with it the whole time.

let me explain something to everyone... CDM does not give BS excuses based on message board pressure, or react to scout recruiting analyst observations, or offer kids based on stars. His offers, player development, and playing time are decided within a box that includes the staff and himself. That's it.

Dak being "banged up" absolutely had a lot to do with the split. Limiting his exposure was key, and may still be. I'd expect to see similar treatment with Bear until the conference games.

HancockCountyDog
09-10-2014, 07:46 PM
You do if the game is in jeopardy in the third quarter. Had Damien been able to move the offense and put some points on the board when he did play, then Dak wouldn't have run the ball 18 times.

Are you saying we can't move the ball against UAB without Dak running the football? I mean, you can't be saying that we had to have our most important player, who happened to be injured, 18 times against freaking UAB in order to gain yards?

HoopsDawg
09-10-2014, 07:53 PM
I figured that had a lot to do with it the whole time.

let me explain something to everyone... CDM does not give BS excuses based on message board pressure, or react to scout recruiting analyst observations, or offer kids based on stars. His offers, player development, and playing time are decided within a box that includes the staff and himself. That's it.

Dak being "banged up" absolutely had a lot to do with the split. Limiting his exposure was key, and may still be. I'd expect to see similar treatment with Bear until the conference games.

Well, Dan's plan was stupid. And it didn't work. I would have loved for him to have left Dak in and get up 4 TD's and then rest Dak the entire 4th quarter. Instead we had 4 empty possessions with Damien, gave UAB confidence, gave up some big plays and next thing you know Dak is having to run the ball up the middle and take a pounding into the 4th quarter. Good plan Dan.

Political Hack
09-10-2014, 07:55 PM
Well, Dan's plan was stupid. And it didn't work. I would have loved for him to have left Dak in and get up 4 TD's and then rest Dak the entire 4th quarter. Instead we had 4 empty possessions with Damien, gave UAB confidence, gave up some big plays and next thing you know Dak is having to run the ball up the middle and take a pounding into the 4th quarter. Good plan Dan.

if Damien had taken over the game, it would've worked beautifully. He didn't so the plan didn't. Hindsight makes it easy to call CDM out for it, but if it would've saved Dak snaps, it would've been smart.

HancockCountyDog
09-10-2014, 07:55 PM

Thank you, I'm glad someone gets it.

If Dak is hurt, you don't run him 18 freaking times. You also don't screw around early and give a clearly lesser opponent confidence, forcing your injured star QB to have to take more reps, and more of a pounding.

HancockCountyDog
09-10-2014, 07:57 PM
if Damien had taken over the game, it would've worked beautifully. He didn't so the plan didn't. Hindsight makes it easy to call CDM out for it, but if it would've saved Dak snaps, it would've been smart.

What has Damien done to make anyone think he can move the ball against any division I program? He is a damn good kid , but he has had one nice run against Arkansas and that's it.

The only one surprised by Damien not moving the ball, had to be CDM, because everyone I was sitting with, knew we weren't doing shit with him.

WinningIsRelentless
09-10-2014, 08:04 PM
Thank you, I'm glad someone gets it.

If Dak is hurt, you don't run him 18 freaking times. You also don't screw around early and give a clearly lesser opponent confidence, forcing your injured star QB to have to take more reps, and more of a pounding.

Their is a difference between being banged up and hurt. Dak was banged up but not hurt so Dan was trying to limit exospure to keep him from getting truly hurt.

CadaverDawg
09-10-2014, 08:19 PM

http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/George-Costanza-clapping.gif

HancockCountyDog
09-10-2014, 08:20 PM
Their is a difference between being banged up and hurt. Dak was banged up but not hurt so Dan was trying to limit exospure to keep him from getting truly hurt.

Then why run him 18 damn times?

We could move the ball against Uab in lots of ways.

mstatefan91
09-10-2014, 08:44 PM
This is seriously what this is becoming, and I know that I'm partially guilty.

http://media.giphy.com/media/wSU1U3h1PFFsc/giphy.gif

WinningIsRelentless
09-10-2014, 08:49 PM

Because he is banged up and not hurt. In our office if the quarterback isn't running the ball 15 times a game we are going to have issues moving the ball.

Todd4State
09-10-2014, 08:56 PM

We HAD to win the game. Hack is right- if Damien had come in and been able to move the team and UAB not hit on a few long passes, his plan would have worked out beautifully.

CadaverDawg
09-10-2014, 09:12 PM
We HAD to win the game. Hack is right- if Damien had come in and been able to move the team and UAB not hit on a few long passes, his plan would have worked out beautifully.

In the last 2 seasons, what has given you, me, or especially Dan the feeling that Damien could come in and lead us to some scores? 1 play vs Arkansas?

Look guys, I'm ready to put this to bed...but there are 2 things being heavily heavily exaggerated right now with our fan base....

1) UAB being "pretty good"
2) Damien Williams being "pretty good"

I've been trying not to come out and just say it like that about Damien, but let's be honest...if Dan truly was doing what some of you say, and "hoping Damien could lead us to some scores"....he may be dumber than any of us think. Nothing I've seen from Damien, including last year, tells me he's ready to take over early in a game for us....against anybody. And Damien is still young, so I'm not saying it's his fault. He's just not there yet. So why not get a big lead and then give Damien an entire second half to build his confidence up? There's more than one way to skin a cat...but this whole "Damien could have led us to scores and it would have worked perfectly", was a pipe dream to begin with if Dan really thought that.