PDA

View Full Version : Renfroe raising money for The Dude

Leroy Jenkins
09-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Hunter Renfroe ‏@Hunter_Renfroe 1h
Selling one of my signed, game used bats with all proceeds going to the Dudy Noble renovation. Bid here:http://www.ebay.com/itm/261589901933

In the big picture does it help much? Probably not, but it shows former Dawgs taking time to help the program.

CadaverDawg
09-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Awesome. Love it when our players want to give back.

RougeDawg
09-10-2014, 03:00 PM
Awesome. Love it when our players want to give back.

Serious question: who else of our previous players have given back besides Palmeiro? Clark, Thigpen, Brantley, Showalter? Pap's may have. I don't keep up with who's given but seems like those guys would be pitching in also.

TStationDawg
09-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Well I know Maholm put something towards the Davis Wade reno....so I would be surprised if he didn't for the Dude. Also, one "minor" ex-"member" of the Diamond Dawgs you are failing to consider is Bo McKinnis. Great guy and loyal Dawg. I'm sure he (and a few his past and present clients) will be very involved as well!

engie
09-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Our baseball players give back at an insanely high rate...

We are going to end up with more than 30 in-stadium skyboxes IMO.

messageboardsuperhero
09-10-2014, 04:17 PM

Didn't Stricklin only announce 25 in stadium sky boxes? Yeah, I'm with you- we'll probably end up with more than 25. All 18 of our current skyboxes have been sold out to the exact same people since they were built, and I personally know a couple of guys who really want one but haven't had the chance.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see us build more than 25 lofts.

ETA: And there's also the probably going to be some club/loge seating available. This stadium is just going to be absurdly nice.

engie
09-10-2014, 04:29 PM
Didn't Stricklin only announce 25 in stadium sky boxes? Yeah, I'm with you- we'll probably end up with more than 25. All 18 of our current skyboxes have been sold out to the exact same people since they were built, and I personally know a couple of guys who really want one but haven't had the chance.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see us build more than 25 lofts.

ETA: And there's also the probably going to be some club/loge seating available. This stadium is just going to be absurdly nice.

25 was announced in the stadium... Going to be closer to 35 IMO... It might end up having to be double leveled up top to make everything fit... Looks like both upper "ends" are expected LOGE. Club is a little harder to spot...

Todd4State
09-10-2014, 05:12 PM

I can confirm that our baseball players are extremely generous to our program. When we had that chain link fence in the outfield- Will Clark not only paid for the fence, he put it up himself.

Homedawg
09-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Jay Powell has given a decent amount. Maholm has given to multiple items.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Im sure Moreland will donate, that family loves MSU

Homedawg
09-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Im sure Moreland will donate, that family loves MSU

Mitch needs some more years and$ before he starts going crazy. Yea he's made 3.5 million in the past 4 years, but he's been hurt and is working on one year deals. He's not 30 and he's paid a pile of taxes and has a long life ahead, one hopes, he better get a decent nest egg first.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-10-2014, 06:04 PM
Mitch needs some more years and$ before he starts going crazy. Yea he's made 3.5 million in the past 4 years, but he's been hurt and is working on one year deals. He's not 30 and he's paid a pile of taxes and has a long life ahead, one hopes, he better get a decent nest egg first.

Cant you write donations off on taxes?

TheRef
09-10-2014, 06:18 PM
Cant you write donations off on taxes?

Yes...as long it's to a properly coded receiver.

ScottH
09-10-2014, 07:19 PM
Serious question: who else of our previous players have given back besides Palmeiro? Clark, Thigpen, Brantley, Showalter? Pap's may have. I don't keep up with who's given but seems like those guys would be pitching in also.

Showalter - no. Wish he would.

godlluB
09-10-2014, 08:31 PM
I saw the other day on Twitter that the '13 Omaha team has challenged the '07 Omaha team to see who can raise the most money for the new stadium. It was one of the '13 players who tweeted it, but I can't remember which one.