PDA

View Full Version : Stolen- What is your biggest surprise (good or bad) through two weeks?

CadaverDawg
09-10-2014, 02:29 PM
Sadly, I'm not surprised that our FG kicking is still a raging dumpster fire.

Obviously, I'm surprised that Danno has taken this substitution, rotation, 1A/1B shit to the extreme he has through two weeks (and apparently 3 weeks at least).

I'm surprised that Jameon hasn't been as big a factor (game 2 is understandable though).

I'm surprised at how much Benny Brown has improved. He has been tremendous in games 1 & 2

Go...

tcdog70
09-10-2014, 02:37 PM
1. DW being given the chance has looked worse than I thought
2.Preston Smith being the Dlineman that is the dominate one
3. Dan still making cutesy play calls at the worst time
4.Josh being a stud but His backups looking pretty average
5.Gus Walley looking pretty damn skippy

MetEdDawg
09-10-2014, 02:42 PM
I'm not surprised about Jameon. I like him and think he's done good things for us. But I'm just gonna call it like I see it. I think he's the 5th most talented WR on our roster. Bear, Fred Ross, Fred Brown, and RoJo I think are all better than Jameon and I think are going to continue to take receptions away from him.

I'm surprised at Preston Smith. I thought he would have a good year but he just looks totally different. Bigger, faster, stronger, more imposing. Hopefully he keeps it up in SEC play because I said at the beginning of the year that his play was the key to our defense being great and elite.

I'm surpised at J Rob. I always liked him and thought he was way bette than Perkins, but he's bulked up even more and it doesn't seem like he's lost speed. His lower body is ridiculous and he's added more upper body muscle as well. He's built like a brick house and so far has impressed me a lot with his bruising mind set.

I'm with you on Benny. He's really really good. Didn't think he was going to be this good this fast. He's a difference maker and will continue to get better as the season goes on. We needed that from him.

And I'm surprised at Damien. He looks awful. I see no command, no confidence, nothing that makes me think he could take the reigns after Dak leaves. He just doesn't have it so I think Fitzgerald needs to get some reps so we can compare.

defiantdog
09-10-2014, 02:59 PM
1. I'm surprised the coaching staff is still using the 1A and 1B term this week.
2. How much better we are at tackling (McKinney looks like glue out there when he hits someone.... I remember running backs bouncing off a few of his tackles last year).
3. I'm not surprised about everyone backlash for Damien. I think he's trying to do way too much out there, instead of just looking for his reads. He's a good players.... I think he's just trying to do to much.
4. AJ Jefferson looks to be the second best defensive end instead of Ryan Brown this year.
5. I'm the most surprised about Holloway running up the middle.... I thought he was going to be used as a sweep / toss guy only.

MSUDawg4Life
09-10-2014, 03:04 PM
I'm surprised at the backup RB positions. I expected to see a little more production there.

Surprised at the backup TE positions - Hill and Walley - like what I'm seeing there.

I am one of those that actually likes the rotations, especially on defense. Surprised at how well Curtis Virges, Nick James, Turtle, Tolando Cleveland and many others in that rotation are playing. The development of those guys is going to help us a lot later this year. The 1Bs on offense just have to produce. Maybe they are just a little behind the defense, but hopefully the experience they've gained pays off in the future.

This happened before the season, but I'm surprised JJ McGrath quit. He definitely would have had the opportunity to prove he was the best kicker very early. It just seems to have been a rash decision considering how things have gone for our kickers these first two games.

Mjoelner34
09-10-2014, 03:12 PM
The Good:
I'm suprised that we burned a red shirt to get a punt returner. I'm glad we did.
I'm suprised that our receivers seemed to have turned it up a notch and are actually attacking the ball instead of waiting for it.
I'm suprised to see Nick James run someone down from behind and almost chase someone down on the sideline as they were getting the edge.

The Bad:
I'm suprised that we haven't seen Fitzgerald yet. Mullen's offense doesn't run off of a 'game manager', it runs off of a QB that makes plays.

and The Ugly:
I'm suprised that our place-kicking has actually regressed. At least last year we made extra points and our field goals didn't duck-hook into the ground.

Alldawg
09-10-2014, 03:45 PM
[QUOTE=MSUDawg4Life;244022]I'm surprised at the backup RB positions. I expected to see a little more production there.

Surprised at the backup TE positions - Hill and Walley - like what I'm seeing there.

SHAME on you. Don't you know their are no backups? Only have 1B, 1C, and 1 D players behind the 1As. Where have you been, living under a rock?

FlabLoser
09-10-2014, 03:50 PM
5. I'm the most surprised about Holloway running up the middle.... I thought he was going to be used as a sweep / toss guy only.

Percy Harvin ran it up the middle at UF. A scat back hauling ass between the tackles with a hat on everybody and its good luck safety. Percy was bigger than Holloway but he wasn't a big guy either.

Political Hack
09-10-2014, 04:17 PM
1) Bad: surprised the new stadium looked empty against UAB.

2) Good: Surprised that Preston Smith is hands-down our best defensive player.