PDA

View Full Version : Sorry if this has been posted...

steeldawg
09-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Mullen says rotations are going to continue.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/mississippistatesports/2014/09/10/msu-continue-rotations-vs-south-alabama/15391679/

AROB44
09-10-2014, 01:23 PM
I'll trust his judgment on this. He has a pretty good track record. Won more games than anyone who posts on here.

engie
09-10-2014, 01:30 PM
IDGAF about it anywhere other than the QB position. Let Dak rack up stats damn it.

If we are playin the "rotation" game, I'm ready to see Bell get another shot at K. If we're going to miss em, I'd rather it be a booming, flashy, 65-yards-of-leg miss than your typical Sobiesk dink wide right.

Lloyd Christmas
09-10-2014, 01:32 PM

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/mississippistatesports/2014/09/10/msu-continue-rotations-vs-south-alabama/15391679/

I'm obviously not happy about this, but I'm also not surprised. As long as USA is the last game he does it then fine Dan, f**k it.

maroonmania
09-10-2014, 01:34 PM
Of course it will, Dan has to show us he knows better.

defiantdog
09-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Honestly, if our defense steps up this week and doesn't allow the big play.... I'm pretty sure we'll all be okay with the substitutions. I think that's the reason we are all so upset. We couldn't stop them from scoring, and we kept throwing in our second string players. I doubt this will be the last time Mullen does this, but hopefully the team plays better as a whole this weekend and gets the job done.

CadaverDawg
09-10-2014, 01:37 PM

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130212235746/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/d/d7/Daily-Life-GIFs-17-Sarcastic-Clapping.gif

defiantdog
09-10-2014, 01:37 PM
And as long as we stop running fricken Holloway up the damn middle

CadaverDawg
09-10-2014, 01:41 PM
And as long as we stop running fricken Holloway up the damn middle

That won't stop. Holloway is a Soph, so prepare for 3 more years of it. And I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Dan continue the every other series stuff with Dak and Damien, against LSU. He's that stubborn. I almost start to wonder if he's trolling our fan base. Maybe we should all start talking about how it would be incredibly dumb NOT to rotate every other series....and then maybe Dan would stop.*. I'm kidding...i think

engie
09-10-2014, 02:03 PM
Honestly, if our defense steps up this week and doesn't allow the big play.... I'm pretty sure we'll all be okay with the substitutions. I think that's the reason we are all so upset. We couldn't stop them from scoring, and we kept throwing in our second string players. I doubt this will be the last time Mullen does this, but hopefully the team plays better as a whole this weekend and gets the job done.

Our second string defense wasn't primarily responsible for any of that.

Lloyd Christmas
09-10-2014, 03:05 PM
That won't stop. Holloway is a Soph, so prepare for 3 more years of it. And I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Dan continue the every other series stuff with Dak and Damien, against LSU. He's that stubborn. I almost start to wonder if he's trolling our fan base. Maybe we should all start talking about how it would be incredibly dumb NOT to rotate every other series....and then maybe Dan would stop.*. I'm kidding...i think

I have two vbookie ideas:

Bet on number of offensive series Damain Williams plays in first half against USA (bet is off if Prescott Injured). O/U set at 4.5
Bet on whether or not Damian plays against LSU (bet is off if Prescott injured)

drunkernhelldawg
09-10-2014, 03:40 PM
It's important that Dan run the team, not the fans or anyone else. Some of that might have helped speed JWS's crash and burn. (#9 vs. pretty spiral boy). I don't want to see it again.

AROB44
09-10-2014, 03:54 PM
It's important that Dan run the team, not the fans or anyone else. Some of that might have helped speed JWS's crash and burn. (#9 vs. pretty spiral boy). I don't want to see it again.

Who was the best QB that never was.

mparkerfd20
09-10-2014, 04:08 PM
I want to revise my prediction for this weekend to a loss if he subs exactly like he did against UAB. Something tells me we might not see wholesale subs as much. But knowing Dan's stubborn ass we probably will.

maroonmania
09-10-2014, 04:25 PM
I want to revise my prediction for this weekend to a loss if he subs exactly like he did against UAB. Something tells me we might not see wholesale subs as much. But knowing Dan's stubborn ass we probably will.

From the time UAB took the 17-13 lead until the 4th quarter Dan QUIT substituting in Williams. If he had kept up the same rotation after UAB took the lead that he was running before I think there is little doubt we would have lost.

Spider-Man
09-10-2014, 04:36 PM
I have faith in the defense to get the job done and not ever allow USA to be in the game. Sub in Williams. I just hope it isn't happening against LSU. I won't understand it at that point.

chef dixon
09-10-2014, 07:33 PM
IDGAF about it anywhere other than the QB position. Let Dak rack up stats damn it.

If we are playin the "rotation" game, I'm ready to see Bell get another shot at K. If we're going to miss em, I'd rather it be a booming, flashy, 65-yards-of-leg miss than your typical Sobiesk dink wide right.

I agree. There is seriously zero pressure or expectations on our kickers anymore, especially Bell since he's moved positions. Just come in and kick the shit out of it.