PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Cash's "God's Gonna Cut You Down" played when Holder came out of pen....

CadaverDawg
05-23-2013, 11:37 PM
How did we get them to do that? Freaking Awesome.

CadaverDawg
05-23-2013, 11:40 PM
Twitter say:

"Y'all may have Johnny football but we got Johnny baseball #HAILSTATE"

hometowndawg
05-24-2013, 09:37 AM
Who pulled the strings to get that to happen?

My guess is Gregg Ellis the hoops guy. He was been tweeting all week about being up in the press box

BeastMan
05-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Bob Carskadon wrote an article about it a couple weeks ago. He may have started it. Dang good read too http://hailstatebeat.wordpress.com/2013/05/15/jonathan-holder-msus-force-out-of-the-bullpen/

CadaverDawg
05-24-2013, 10:31 AM
Bob Carskadon wrote an article about it a couple weeks ago. He may have started it. Dang good read too http://hailstatebeat.wordpress.com/2013/05/15/jonathan-holder-msus-force-out-of-the-bullpen/

Damn, Steve...thank you so much more linking that article by Bob. That is a fantastic read, and then to be able to watch that video afterwards was great. We need to get that article out and about on twitter the next few days while the National spotlight is on us a little bit.

engie
05-24-2013, 10:32 AM
Steve, I think he's talking specifically about us getting them to play it at the neutral site SEC tourney game...

It's going to be like a f'n scene from Major League 2 if that music hits in the Starkville regional with 15k(plus) people in the house and a Super-Regional in the balance...

BeastMan
05-24-2013, 10:42 AM
No prob Cadaver. Slight high jack but if its written by FWtCT, MWN, or Bob I give it a read. I don't know how much y'all read other teams bloggers but ours are outstanding. Todd, Ghost Hank Flick, Dirty Panda, The Cristil Method, Croom Diaries, Robbie Faulk, Coach, and I'm sure I'm leaving somebody off but all those guys are reason I don't read Locke, Stevens, or any CL guys. I follow on twitter for updates but when it comes to MSU articles, our guys nail it

engie
05-24-2013, 10:59 AM
Steve, the new CL MSU writer Michael Bonner is worth reading. He's been tremendous in his short time thusfar IMO. Big upgrade over Marcello for sure...

You can tell by his terminology on twitter that the guy actually understands baseball on a higher level -- and he obviously does alot of background research to help with his perspectives in articles, making it almost seem like he's "an MSU guy" because he makes it a point to understand the history and perspectives...

CadaverDawg
05-24-2013, 11:05 AM
Steve, the new CL MSU writer Michael Bonner is worth reading. He's been tremendous in his short time thusfar IMO. Big upgrade over Marcello for sure...

You can tell by his terminology on twitter that the guy actually understands baseball on a higher level -- and he obviously does alot of background research to help with his perspectives in articles, making it almost seem like he's "an MSU guy" because he makes it a point to understand the history and perspectives...

I agree. I have really enjoyed Bonner so far. He is a good follow on twitter.

BeastMan
05-24-2013, 11:05 AM
I'll give him a look. Just to clear up I don't mean never read newspaper guys, they're just not my everyday reads like FWtCT, MWN, etc...

MSUDawg4Life
05-24-2013, 12:19 PM
I must admit Bonner has been pretty good so far. This is from a guy who hated Veazey and Marcello. Bonner made me laugh the other day when he said he was put in "Twitter jail" for tweeting so much. lol

He's also impressed me by doing his homework and knowing the basics about our season and our teams. What they had done before he got here. Some of the history of our university. I know that I shouldn't be impressed by that because it should be standard practice, but I appreciate a reporter who takes the time to make sure he gets his information correct. (Looking at you Veazey.)

Hump4Hoops
05-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Bonner is a great writer, but have you ever watched his player interviews? They are each akin to a jr. high kid giving his first interview in video arts class, or the Chris Farley sketch where he asks "do you remember when you..." every question. Painfull.

TrueMaroon
05-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Bonner is a great writer, but have you ever watched his player interviews? They are each akin to a jr. high kid giving his first interview in video arts class, or the Chris Farley sketch where he asks "do you remember when you..." every question. Painfull.

He's still learning but his likeability is through the roof. His tweets are solid and too the point and he doesn't have douchey reporter arrogance that Locke and Marcello have.

Speaking of Marcello ill never forget when someone tweeted at Marcello and told him he looked like a slap dick. Marcello retweeted which is stupid because now everytime I see him I see of him as a slap dick.

MSUDawg4Life
05-24-2013, 05:04 PM
Marcello looked like a ex-Russian mobster to me. Looked like he had killed about 20 people and was trying to blend in to normal society.

Todd4State
05-24-2013, 05:58 PM
Marcello looked like a ex-Russian mobster to me. Looked like he had killed about 20 people and was trying to blend in to normal society.

I thought he kind of looked like Henry the VIII.