PDA

View Full Version : The waiting is the hardest part

msstate7
09-10-2014, 11:07 AM
I love college football, but geez these weeks are long between games. I was hoping my braves would carry me over close to basketball, but it ain't happening.

Pollodawg
09-10-2014, 11:12 AM
Don't rush through your life, man. Enjoy it. I always speed through the summer counting down the hours until college football. Then, it feels like college football flew by, and there is the bleak, cold winter staring me in the face yet again, and I can barely remember the joy of the summer because I was so ready for it to be over.

And for what? Why am I breezing threw huge portions of my life? A hobby? I don't know, man. Just a little perspective.

thf24
09-10-2014, 11:12 AM
There's no winning. You're so relieved when the offseason ends, only to remember the following Monday how long it is until the next game.

DawgHouseUnited
09-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Don't rush through your life, man. Enjoy it. I always speed through the summer counting down the hours until college football. Then, it feels like college football flew by, and there is the bleak, cold winter staring me in the face yet again, and I can barely remember the joy of the summer because I was so ready for it to be over.

And for what? Why am I breezing threw huge portions of my life? A hobby? I don't know, man. Just a little perspective.

'Crootin season- we mustn't forget about that all-important time when reality is determined by perception and the world hangs on the news of where the latest top-ranked recruit made a pit stop.*****

starkvegasdawg
09-10-2014, 11:29 AM
But realize this...after the game this Saturday the season will be 25% over.

TheRef
09-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Saw [Insert Recruits Name Here] wearing blue jeans and a red hat. He's a lock for TSUN.

sleepy dawg
09-10-2014, 11:43 AM

This is the key statement. In a couple of months it will all be over. Pace yourself. Enjoy the buildup.

Goat Holder
09-10-2014, 11:48 AM

I like to look at it in terms of 'college football Saturdays'. This year we get 14 full Saturdays before championship weekend, so technically 21% of the season is finished after this Saturday.

I really believe it's just the spectacle of the football Saturday for me. I actually watch/enjoy more MSU baseball than football, but it's just not the 'event' that football is.

msstate7
09-10-2014, 11:51 AM
I like to look at it in terms of 'college football Saturdays'. This year we get 14 full Saturdays before championship weekend, so technically 21% of the season is finished after this Saturday.

I really believe it's just the spectacle of the football Saturday for me. I actually watch/enjoy more MSU baseball than football, but it's just not the 'event' that football is.

I love watching msu baseball. I'm with you, goat

Jack Lambert
09-10-2014, 01:07 PM

I view it the same way and then I view the Bowl Season as bonus. I think in four years there will be a 8 team play off and it will get even better.

CadaverDawg
09-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Hopefully the time between seasons won't seem quite as long due to improvement on the hardwood. Nothing beats MSU baseball weekends, and football Saturdays....but when we're good in basketball, it can be a great bridge to baseball and football, and can be fun to follow because we play twice a week. Here's to hoping the magic returns sooner than later in the Hump.

msstate7
09-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Hopefully the time between seasons won't seem quite as long due to improvement on the hardwood. Nothing beats MSU baseball weekends, and football Saturdays....but when we're good in basketball, it can be a great bridge to baseball and football, and can be fun to follow because we play twice a week. Here's to hoping the magic returns sooner than later in the Hump.
If we could somehow make the NIT and land Newman, the hump would be rocking again next season

FlabLoser
09-10-2014, 02:02 PM
This feels like an NFL preseason. Ready for more 1a vs 1a.

Ain't complaining. Just ready for some big games and big wins.

engie
09-10-2014, 02:10 PM
Imagine how long the two week wait for aTm is going to be after we win @ LSU...

CadaverDawg
09-10-2014, 02:19 PM

It would most certainly be a long week....but a joyous week! I sure hope we get to find out

msstate7
09-10-2014, 02:32 PM

That'd be a nice wait. I'd get to walk around with my chest bowed out round my lsu family

Goat Holder
09-10-2014, 03:08 PM
I view it the same way and then I view the Bowl Season as bonus. I think in four years there will be a 8 team play off and it will get even better.

If the bowl week was all in one or two weekends (thus another 1 or 2 football Saturdays with good matchups), I'd tend to agree. The way the bowls have been though, with 1 per day for the most part, sucked in my mind. However, the playoff will be awesome, hard for it not to be.

FlabLoser
09-10-2014, 03:16 PM

I could force myself to boast 2 weeks straight before having another heavyweight game.