PDA

View Full Version : What you think about Maryland's uniforms?

Jack Lambert
09-10-2014, 10:45 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11493932/maryland-terrapins-wear-bold-star-spangled-banner-uniforms

archdog
09-10-2014, 11:35 AM
Can't use Triumph on the back of the jersey. Other than that it looks like some nod to history buffs. I have no idea why people want to deviate from their uniforms this often. I liked Maryland's unis a couple of years ago when they opened the season. I was in the severe minority.

BhamDawg
09-10-2014, 11:51 AM
Can't use Triumph on the back of the jersey.

Reading is a beautiful thing.

"One interesting touch is that 'Triumph' will appear on the backs of the jerseys instead of the players' names. NCAA regulations normally bar all schools except military service academies from using slogans on the backs of jerseys, but a Maryland spokesperson said the school had been granted a one-time exemption by the NCAA to wear the 'Triumph' jerseys on Saturday."

TXDawg
09-10-2014, 11:59 AM
I'm sure I'll be in the minority here, but I like them. Take away the "facsimile of Key's handwritten poem" on the helmets & sleeves and they would be even better.

Maroonthirteen
09-10-2014, 12:04 PM
They topped themselves. Even worse than the state Flag uniforms.

Dawg61
09-10-2014, 01:48 PM
I'm sure I'll be in the minority here, but I like them. Take away the "facsimile of Key's handwritten poem" on the helmets & sleeves and they would be even better.

Ha I think the cursive in the helmet looks sweet, love the helmets. Good for them

Jack Lambert
09-10-2014, 01:51 PM
Ha I think the cursive in the helmet looks sweet, love the helmets. Good for them

Do they use a wrap, do they order new helmet painted that way or do they paint them?