PDA

View Full Version : Does Ole Miss still host Gameday if Bama gets beat by Florida?

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2014, 09:14 AM
We keep breaking this down from Ole Miss' point of view, but what if Florida beats Bama two weeks before? I don't think Ole Miss will lose to one of these numerous cupcakes before this game, but Florida may be a sleeper in that Bama game. They certainly have the talent to cause some problems.

Political Hack
09-10-2014, 09:19 AM
I. Don't. Care.

maroonmania
09-10-2014, 09:19 AM
I agree that Florida beating Bama is much more likely than OM losing to ULL or Memphis. Florida is going to turn up the heat on the Bama inexperienced QBs. And if that happened I doubt they would still get Gameday. Heck, if we beat LSU I would think MSU-A&M both undefeated would then be more attractive.

TheRef
09-10-2014, 09:20 AM
Can we just have a rule that we don't discuss whether or not TSUN hosts GameDay until an announcement is made for that week?

Goat Holder
09-10-2014, 09:31 AM
Doubtful. 5 weeks into the season, I'm guessing they'll be another P5 undefeated matchup somewhere else.

But Bama is not going to lose to Florida. So don't hold out hope. Just look at it as a positive for the state of MS.

thf24
09-10-2014, 09:35 AM
Pretty sure they said that Gameday coming was contingent on both OM and Bama being undefeated, so no.

Bully13
09-10-2014, 09:39 AM
Doubtful. 5 weeks into the season, I'm guessing they'll be another P5 undefeated matchup somewhere else.

But Bama is not going to lose to Florida. So don't hold out hope. Just look at it as a positive for the state of MS.

There would be nothing positive about it. Im hoping for some gator or mphs tiger luck

codeDawg
09-10-2014, 09:39 AM
My take is that UM gets Game Day if everything they think is going to happen happens. One of the things they think is going to happen is that we get beat in Red Stick. I guarantee if we win @ LSU and are hosting a hot Texas A&M, a little more thought goes into who gets Game Day.

Coach34
09-10-2014, 09:41 AM
I don't care

i almost want them to host it because Bammer is gonna ramrod that ass

deltadawg99
09-10-2014, 09:43 AM
Notre Dame is playing Stanford that weekend too. That is a rivalry game and they love going to South Bend.

Gameday has been dying to go to Ole Miss for years, but they haven't had a reason to. It also helps that one of their producers went to Ole Miss.

Bully Dee Williams
09-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Can Game Day Ole Miss can?
Can

NashDawgMan
09-10-2014, 10:28 AM
If TSUN and Bama are both undefeated, then Gameday will 100% be in the Grove. I'm pretty sure that ESPN has announced as much.

And like deltadawg said, they've been looking for a reason to go to Oxford, and that would give them one.

TSUN will be ranked around 10 or 11, and Bama will be 2 or 3 (assuming both stay unbeaten). We would be 18th or so, and A&M will prob be around 6 or 7. No way they choose us in that scenario.

LC Dawg
09-10-2014, 10:46 AM
Can we just have a rule that we don't discuss whether or not TSUN hosts GameDay until an announcement is made for that week?

I say we vote to not talk about it at all. We all know that Gameday is probably coming to Oxford before they come to Starkville. I know that bothers some people but I really don't care. It's just another thing the UMiss people can say they win at besides actually winning football games. It truly wouldn't bother me if Gameday wanted to come to Starkville and our administration turned them down.
If they do come to Oxford for the Bama game the best thing can happen is for the Bears to get gang raped by the Tide and for us to beat A&M the same day to remain undefeated.

HancockCountyDog
09-10-2014, 10:57 AM
Just look at it as a positive for the state of MS.

Ummm, how about No.

You have said a lot of things that border on insane, but this one may be it. It would be a positive for the bearsharks. Not the state of MS. All it would do is help the argument that the bearsharks have a thriving program and on their way up. Gameday is like a stamp of approval for national programs.

Look at last year, how many of these programs are considered national brands:

Clemson
Michigan
A&M
Oregon
FSU
Bama
USC
Oklahoma State
Auburn

Only Northwestern and Washington didn't fit the National brand narrative. Maybe OSU, but they are becoming known as a Top 20 program (Thank you T Boone PIckens)

Now, the bearsharks fall into the NW/Washington type school, but the point remains that it is a monster positive - but only for their program. Im still hoping that we are undefeated when we play AU on October 11th, because I think we deserve gameday on that weekend. If and when we do, I don't think you will be saying the confederates saying what a positive experience it is for the state of MS.

Jack Lambert
09-10-2014, 11:14 AM
I wish they would go ahead and let them host it so we can stop hearing and having to talk about it. Get it behind us.

Goat Holder
09-10-2014, 11:35 AM
Choose to look at it how you wish. But it's happening assuming they are both undefeated. Better make peace with that.

It was much tougher for me to see them go to Omaha, than just hosting Gameday. Who cares.

Alldawg
09-10-2014, 11:42 AM
Have you been living under a rock?

preachermatt83
09-10-2014, 11:46 AM
Ummm, how about No.

You have said a lot of things that border on insane, but this one may be it. It would be a positive for the bearsharks. Not the state of MS. All it would do is help the argument that the bearsharks have a thriving program and on their way up. Gameday is like a stamp of approval for national programs.

Look at last year, how many of these programs are considered national brands:

Clemson
Michigan
A&M
Oregon
FSU
Bama
USC
Oklahoma State
Auburn

Only Northwestern and Washington didn't fit the National brand narrative. Maybe OSU, but they are becoming known as a Top 20 program (Thank you T Boone PIckens)

Now, the bearsharks fall into the NW/Washington type school, but the point remains that it is a monster positive - but only for their program. Im still hoping that we are undefeated when we play AU on October 11th, because I think we deserve gameday on that weekend. If and when we do, I don't think you will be saying the confederates saying what a positive experience it is for the state of MS.

AMEN!

Tdawg
09-10-2014, 11:54 AM
I don't care

i almost want them to host it because Bammer is gonna ramrod that ass

I just hope Corso picks Ole Miss to win. Regardless of his headgear choice it would be comedic gold. Not to hijack, but if he did pick OM, what the hell would he put on his head?

TheRef
09-10-2014, 11:55 AM
I just hope Corso picks Ole Miss to win. Regardless of his headgear choice it would be comedic gold. Not to hijack, but if he did pick OM, what the hell would he put on his head?

Da Bear

TheRef
09-10-2014, 11:55 AM
Slight hijack: I loved when Corso shared a beer with Stone Cold

BeardoMSU
09-10-2014, 11:58 AM
Bammer is gonna ramrod that ass

This^^^^^all damn day.

Instead of commentary, they should just play the song "Comanche" (from Pulp Fiction) throughout the game's entirety...very fitting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IPzwiKk0BE

And to further the innuendo, in this scenario, OM=Marsellus Wallace and Bama=Zed

LiterallyPolice
09-10-2014, 12:26 PM
It's just another thing the UMiss people can say they win at besides actually winning football games.

EXACTLY.

Geez, when are you people gonna stop giving credence to things that don't matter?

To borrow a phrase from Hack: 4 out of 5.

the peeper
09-10-2014, 02:35 PM
A white hood, everybody would know who his pick was then rather than if he put a shark or bear head on...........

Spider-Man
09-10-2014, 04:53 PM
Anybody else think the KKK would plan a march for that day? I would laugh my ass off to see a hood in the crowd.

BulldogBear
09-10-2014, 05:18 PM

A douchebag of course. C'mon man.

BeardoMSU
09-10-2014, 05:24 PM
A douchebag of course. C'mon man.

OM just announced the uniforms they'll be wearing Oct. 4th. #heritagenothate #outoflove

http://antiquehelper.rfcsystems.com/Full/246/91246.jpg

BossDawg
09-10-2014, 07:29 PM
I wish they would go ahead and let them host it so we can stop hearing and having to talk about it. Get it behind us.

Shit. UMiss would make a movie about it and some snarky t-shirts that say "Best Gameday Atmosphere in the Nation!!!" or some crap...they'd be so preoccupied with throwing it in the faces of State fans that you'd never stop hearing about it.

M.Fillmore
09-10-2014, 10:12 PM
deleted