PDA

View Full Version : Am I seeing this correct that the only channel our game is on Saturday is ESPNNews?

starkvegasdawg
09-10-2014, 07:06 AM
At least maybe it won't be preempted by another game this time.

BeastMan
09-10-2014, 07:23 AM
That's what the official SEC site is saying

whosyourdawgy
09-10-2014, 08:13 AM
Hope you weren't expecting prime time ESPN for South Alabama. I'm just glad it's on tv period just a few years ago, we would be listening to the radio for this game. I don't even care if Richard Simmons is the play by play guy for it. I get to watch it

quickstrike2
09-10-2014, 08:21 AM
Hope you weren't expecting prime time ESPN for South Alabama. I'm just glad it's on tv period just a few years ago, we would be listening to the radio for this game. I don't even care if Richard Simmons is the play by play guy for it. I get to watch it

Exactly, I am just pumped that we can see games like this now. However, it would be so Mississippi State for the NFL to call a Ray Rice press conference or something and ESPNEWS would have to air that or something**

starkvegasdawg
09-10-2014, 08:26 AM

No, I wasn't expecting that. I just don't recall having ever seen a game just on ESPN News. That is usually what they do for a game when another one is running long. I was just wondering if it was also running on Sports South or CBS Sports but ESPN News was the only ESPN affiliate carrying the game and that is why they only had that listed on their website.

starkvegasdawg
09-10-2014, 08:27 AM
Exactly, I am just pumped that we can see games like this now. However, it would be so Mississippi State for the NFL to call a Ray Rice press conference or something and ESPNEWS would have to air that or something**

Ray Rice and Micheal Sams are appearing together on Dr. Phil and they just have to carry that. Yeah, I could see something like that happening.

DudyDawg
09-10-2014, 08:51 AM
Will it be on Espn 3

TheRef
09-10-2014, 08:55 AM
Will it be on Espn 3

I mean...if you have watchESPN capability you can watch it....but it won't be on ESPN3

Mississippi College v. North Alabama will be on ESPN3 though.

BulldogBear
09-10-2014, 08:55 AM

Bear media connections are working on it right now***

BulldogBear
09-10-2014, 08:56 AM
No, I wasn't expecting that. I just don't recall having ever seen a game just on ESPN News. That is usually what they do for a game when another one is running long. I was just wondering if it was also running on Sports South or CBS Sports but ESPN News was the only ESPN affiliate carrying the game and that is why they only had that listed on their website.

I have but I couldn't tell you who. I know I've seen a particularly interesting I-AA game or two on ESPNNews

jumbo
09-10-2014, 09:53 AM
I mean...if you have watchESPN capability you can watch it....but it won't be on ESPN3

Mississippi College v. North Alabama will be on ESPN3 though.

espn3 and watchespn are the same thing

TheRef
09-10-2014, 09:59 AM

You can have access to ESPN3 without having access to WatchESPN. ESPN3 is a limited amount of stuff you can watch. WatchESPN allows you to watch any ESPN-related channel. That's what I meant.

TXDawg
09-10-2014, 10:35 AM

Not this shit again...

LiterallyPolice
09-10-2014, 12:23 PM

This is false.

ESPN3 is a channel that is entirely web-based. WatchESPN allows you to watch all ESPN channels, including ESPN3. There is alot of overlap for sure... but the WatchESPN App is more robust.

yjnkdawg
09-10-2014, 12:59 PM
This is false.

ESPN3 is a channel that is entirely web-based. WatchESPN allows you to watch all ESPN channels, including ESPN3. There is alot of overlap for sure... but the WatchESPN App is more robust.

Yep, I agree. I can acess ESPN3 because I have AT&T as my internet provider. I also have Directv, so I do not have WatchESPN access. I had heard rumors that, WatchESPN, may be in the Disney package renewal negotiations with Directv. I hope this is true, but maybe not.

MafiaDawg
09-10-2014, 02:06 PM
What channel is ESPN news for Comcast Jackson

the peeper
09-10-2014, 02:23 PM
102 and 722 on Rankin County Comcast, don't know if numbers are different for Stokesville or not