PDA

View Full Version : Finally watching the replay..... And I feel a whole hell of a lot different...

RougeDawg
09-10-2014, 12:55 AM
Than I did watching in person, casually with Makers in hand and people discussing irrelevant BS with me as I attempted to watch in person.

As i see it now, in sober unimpeded real time, I do not see much to be worried about, when we allow our team to be our team. When we run our offense and our defense, we dictate the game. Our offense has done pretty much what it wants to, when it wants to and the reigns aren't held back by Dan. The Dak pick was a bad throw. We had a few more bad "early snaps" before both QB's were ready for the ball. One resulted in Jrob getting pummeled inside the 5 and the other resulted in Damien fumbling with JRob Recovering. All of this was amongst the grinding and missing gears on the offense by Mullen. Overall, we should be fine come BR, if we allow the first teamers to get some rhythm this week.

Defense does what it wants, when we allow us to play our normal defense. When they intentionally force us to play out of position, we look uncomfortable. But when we are in our normal defense, UAB cannot do a f*cking thing. Preston Smith is a talent, and there's one defense in Mississippi that has multiple 1st round draft picks, and it isn't north of highway 82. Teams will have to beat us through the air this year. The front 7 is going to be nasty. Market is one tough SOB. Never once was phased by gash in head. Quickly becoming one of my favorites, along with JRob (Dak is everyone's favorite).

Special Teams are, well, very special.....

Conclusion: Much less worried afer watching replay as in person. It was difficult to watch with people talking to me and distracting me from what was going on this past saturday. Add in the fact that I "was forced" to drink Makers in Gridiron, and I had a skewed perception on the actual game. We will roll the Jags this weekend and introduce LSU's Soph and Fresh QBs to a real SEC defense. the only SEC defense Jennings saw last year in meaningful minutes was Arkansas, and we all know how they were.

If we play our game, and Dak stays healthy, we should roll into the bye week unscathed.

Drugdog
09-10-2014, 08:11 AM
Good news. I think 1a will get a lot more work this weekend. I look for the secondary to be much improved.
I think we will be somewhat Vanilla. Hopefully, we can try some field goals to try to iron out our issues.

EAVdog
09-10-2014, 08:46 AM
Damien had a few good throws. One was called back by a holding call I believe and there were a few drops.

Not worried about the Offense. Not really worried about the Defense. Kicking bothers me.

archdog
09-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Huge fan of Damien. I am glad he is getting reps. I am positive we are going to need him this year, so get some reps.
I like you are not worried about last weekend outside of the kicking situation. Everything else provides us with a really good learning experience for the young season.