PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys...it could be worse

TheRef
09-09-2014, 08:28 PM
We could be Vandy

Their depth chart for this week lists four possible QB starters. FOUR!!!!!!

Tbonewannabe
09-09-2014, 08:44 PM
We could be Vandy

I don't know why anyone in the SEC would Croom themselves on purpose.

UMCDawg16
09-09-2014, 08:48 PM
We could be Vandy

To hell with that, OM beat a solid Vandy squad this past weekend. Don't forget they won 8 games last year, who cares if they go 2-10 this year. They are loaded.

TheRef
09-09-2014, 09:00 PM
To hell with that, OM beat a solid Vandy squad this past weekend. Don't forget they won 8 games last year, who cares if they go 2-10 this year. They are loaded.

Implied sarcastrics.

BulldogDX55
09-09-2014, 09:09 PM
Implied sarcastrics.

Don't even need em with a statement that obvious

engie
09-09-2014, 09:28 PM
Vandy is completely lost. It's an overnight dumpster fire.

First drive:
Run for 11
Run for 11
Run for 7
Incomplete pass
Incomplete pass

This should tell you all you need to know.

Todd4State
09-09-2014, 09:28 PM
We could be Vandy

I'm still trying to figure out why they settled on Rivers in the first place? As is everyone else that has ever watched a football game.

Todd4State
09-09-2014, 09:29 PM

What two teams are they going to beat?

I really think they could go 0-12.

JDog13
09-09-2014, 09:49 PM
the fif quarterback is still waiting on clearance by the NCAA.

http://fifthperiodlunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/davechappellefif.jpg

CadaverDawg
09-09-2014, 09:51 PM
the fif quarterback is still waiting on clearance by the NCAA.

http://fifthperiodlunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/davechappellefif.jpg

+1

BossDawg
09-09-2014, 10:12 PM
who cares if they go 2-10 this year.

I don't see Vandy winning even 1 game this year.

War Machine Dawg
09-09-2014, 10:21 PM

They should beat Charleston Southern and Old Dominion. UMass this weekend will be the difference in 2 or 3 Ws. I'm going with 2.

War Machine Dawg
09-09-2014, 10:23 PM
I've been saying since last weekend, if I'm in charge of Vandy, I pull the plug on Franklin at the end of the season. No need to wait 2-3 years. He's already made worse decisions than Crxxm ever did. No need to see anything more from him. Sure, it's Vandy and you aren't asking for 8 wins every year. But you should at least be a competitive 4-5 win team every year. No chance of that under Mason.

Smitty
09-09-2014, 10:31 PM
They should beat Charleston Southern and Old Dominion. UMass this weekend will be the difference in 2 or 3 Ws. I'm going with 2.

http://gainesville-marketing.com/Images/lee-corso.png

Dawgfan77
09-10-2014, 05:22 AM
I've been saying since last weekend, if I'm in charge of Vandy, I pull the plug oUn Franklin at the end of the season. No need to wait 2-3 years. He's already made worse decisions than Crxxm ever did. No need to see anything more from him. Sure, it's Vandy and you aren't asking for 8 wins every year. But you should at least be a competitive 4-5 win team every year. No chance of that under Mason.

It's mason they would give anything to have franklin back. No way he left them this bad the guy recruited pretty well

thunderclap
09-10-2014, 08:14 AM
How could anybody in the same league with Croom go out and hire another Croom?

Jack Lambert
09-10-2014, 08:21 AM
I don't know why anyone in the SEC would Croom themselves on purpose.

I think It was MW on Head to Head who said that Vandy is taking the Southern Miss approach. Rather then sayin Croomed we should say something along the lines USMed.

engie
09-10-2014, 08:25 AM
How could anybody in the same league with Croom go out and hire another Croom?

Thought they were getting "Stanford of the east". Of course, I'm not sure how. While Mason seems likeable and engaging, it only takes about 15 seconds to tell that James Franklin he is not.

Buckle up, because Franklin is about to win big at Penn St. He was already recruiting incredibly well up there.

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-10-2014, 08:45 AM
Coach knew he was leaving after going 9-4 and ticket sales barely went up. Then another 9-4 and same shit. Less fans actually showed.

Franklin is a great coach and motivator. He has high energy assistants too. Some of his staff is puzzled at how bad vandy is. They certainly left them in better shape than what is being displayed.

I do like their new coach. They now have decent facilities and an IPF. They live in arguably the best city in america and in the best part of it. They are sec and the league standard on academics. They COULD be a stanford. I think one of the problem is recruiting. Kids in the south play football and usually dont care as much for academics. I believe Vandy would need to recruit on the national level to get to a stanford level. It certainly could happen but not likely. Im not even sure Franklin couldve done it.

Remember this name.....Butch Jones. People will look back on him in a few years and realize UT knocked it out of the park. Kids like Kimbrough, etc would go to UT now

HancockCountyDog
09-10-2014, 08:45 AM
Thought they were getting "Stanford of the east". Of course, I'm not sure how. While Mason seems likeable and engaging, it only takes about 15 seconds to tell that James Franklin he is not.

Buckle up, because Franklin is about to win big at Penn St. He was already recruiting incredibly well up there.

Completely Agree. Its sucks too, because forcing the bears to have another tough game was fun while it lasted. I watched that game yesterday and it was embarrassing. It reminded me of Croom/Coach O level bad. They ran out of timeouts before the 4th quarter. I really believe they are the worst team I have seen so far in college football.

I can't believe that they are 17 point favorites against a division I opponent. The worst thing I saw was that they were playing starters in the 4th quarter in a game that had been over since about the 2nd quarter. That is next level bad.

BulldogBear
09-10-2014, 09:15 AM
Vandy is completely lost. It's an overnight dumpster fire.

First drive:
Run for 11
Run for 11
Run for 7
Incomplete pass
Incomplete pass

This should tell you all you need to know.

Actually, I've seen us (under Mullen) do similar in the past!! We seem okay so far this year with pretty good balance and not going too far away from the running game when it's working.

BulldogBear
09-10-2014, 09:16 AM
It's mason they would give anything to have franklin back. No way he left them this bad the guy recruited pretty well

Yeah, they'd love to have Franklin to threaten to pull the plug on. But then again, if he was there, they're probably 2-0

BulldogBear
09-10-2014, 09:17 AM

UMass is turrible. They'll win this weekend I think. They also play Charleston Southern whom I know nothing about. Probably a win? Old Dominion will beat them going away like Temple did. Anyway, SEC wins? Doubtful. 2-10, 0-8 SEC