PDA

View Full Version : Long live the Kang!

Bully Dee Williams
09-09-2014, 07:08 PM
Just saw this on twitter...
The recruiting guy for the CL reached out to JWS today for a story. JWS responded, "I'll speak to you as soon as you take down that article you did today on OM recruiting."

Jackie gets it! Love that man!

Long live the Kang!

Coach34
09-09-2014, 07:28 PM
that's awesome...I love that man

preachermatt83
09-09-2014, 08:59 PM
The KANG!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-x_xAybgvXME/Tfs5plhu_5I/AAAAAAAAHcY/qmqowrh4_qw/s320/jackie%2Bsherrill.jpg

maroonmania
09-09-2014, 09:03 PM
Yep, JWS was the start of modern day MSU football in my book. He changed the mindset to where we no longer believed all we could be were the loveable losers. So glad I got to speak to him in the Campus Book Mart the day of the USM game.

dawggoneit
09-09-2014, 09:09 PM
He said Ole Miss?

Drugdog
09-09-2014, 09:10 PM
That's the way u handle business. Give em Hell!!

Bully Dee Williams
09-09-2014, 09:22 PM
The quote was requoted by the reporter. The reporter said Ole Miss. I have only ever heard Jackie say Mississippi. The reporter didnt seem very impressed by Jackie. :)

M.Fillmore
09-09-2014, 09:24 PM
I love Jackie and Jack.

Mullen likes Jackie, Crxxm/LT did not. That, my friends, is a self-evident argument.

BulldogBear
09-09-2014, 09:26 PM
Boom!

Bully Dee Williams
09-09-2014, 09:29 PM
Jackie did what no one thought was possible in building the MSU. I wish Dan would pick Jackie's brain more on a few points. Jackie is a great man and he remains a great college football mind. I hate OM for a lot of reasons, but most of all for what they did to Jackie.

RougeDawg
09-10-2014, 12:28 AM
Jackie did what no one thought was possible in building the MSU. I wish Dan would pick Jackie's brain more on a few points. Jackie is a great man and he remains a great college football mind. I hate OM for a lot of reasons, but most of all for what they did to Jackie.

He does this more than most people believe. Jackie is still a big part of our program and a part of our success. I know Jackie personally and he still hates Mississippi passionately. He's a family friend for about 50 years now. I'm not that old but he knows the grandparents and parents well. Used to let me and my dad out on the field during pregame warmups, when I was just getting into football around 12. Had been a MSU follower before, but became true maroon after those experiences as a kid. You cant beat that.

Drugdog
09-10-2014, 08:17 AM
Had dinner with Jackie in Destin about 18 years ago. He has an adopted child. We were having trouble having kids. He recommended Adoption. Talked to my wife and I about it and how great it is.
Fastforward.... We adopted a little girl, and then had another girl about a year later.
Long live the Kang.

Jack Lambert
09-10-2014, 08:23 AM

I wish he would hire Jackie to coach special teams. Talking to some guys who played for him he had the science of place kicking down. They were playing Tulane in the Super Dome. He had a temperature gage in his pocket. Looked at it and told the trainers to put a certain amount of air in the football for kicking.

maroonmania
09-10-2014, 09:08 AM
I wish he would hire Jackie to coach special teams. Talking to some guys who played for him he had the science of place kicking down. They were playing Tulane in the Super Dome. He had a temperature gage in his pocket. Looked at it and told the trainers to put a certain amount of helium in the football for kicking.

FIFY :)