PDA

View Full Version : Saw on twitter today that David Cutcliffe acknowledged the passing of Jack

starkvegasdawg
09-09-2014, 02:16 PM
in his opening statement of his weekly press conference at Duke. Class move on his part especially considering 99% of the people at the press conference probably had no idea who he was. I did a quick search to try and find a transcript but could only find last weeks.

TheRef
09-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Cutcliffe is a classy guy. Real recognize real.

Jacksondevildog
09-09-2014, 02:22 PM
This>>>
Cutcliffe is a classy guy. Real recognize real.

AlSwearengen
09-09-2014, 02:30 PM
Yeah, he was one of the few coaches they have had that didn't really fit in over there. It was hard to dislike him. Well, outside of his association with fulmer.

TheRef
09-09-2014, 02:31 PM
The Bears regret every single day that they fired Cutcliffe.

AROB44
09-09-2014, 02:35 PM
Here is his comment:

David Cutcliffe, the current head coach at Duke, issued a statement on Jack Cristil, Mississippi State?s long time radio announcer.

Cutcliffe, as many Ole Miss know, coached against the Bulldogs in the annual Egg Bowl from 199-2004.

?Karen and I were deeply saddened to hear the news of Jack Cristil?s passing, and our condolences go out to the Cristil family as well as the entire Mississippi State University community,? Cutcliffe said in a statement. ?Jack was an icon ? a true Hall of Famer ? and his place in the history of college football is well documented. His dedication to his craft, as well as his unwavering support of Mississippi State and the Southeastern Conference, earned the respect of everyone he associated with. I was lucky to listen to his call in my youth, and then to foster a relationship with him during my time in the SEC. Jack will be missed, but the memory of his distinct voice will last forever in the minds of those who heard him broadcast a game

LC Dawg
09-09-2014, 02:42 PM
Here is his comment:

David Cutcliffe, the current head coach at Duke, issued a statement on Jack Cristil, Mississippi State?s long time radio announcer.

Cutcliffe, as many Ole Miss know, coached against the Bulldogs in the annual Egg Bowl from 199-2004.

?Karen and I were deeply saddened to hear the news of Jack Cristil?s passing, and our condolences go out to the Cristil family as well as the entire Mississippi State University community,? Cutcliffe said in a statement. ?Jack was an icon ? a true Hall of Famer ? and his place in the history of college football is well documented. His dedication to his craft, as well as his unwavering support of Mississippi State and the Southeastern Conference, earned the respect of everyone he associated with. I was lucky to listen to his call in my youth, and then to foster a relationship with him during my time in the SEC. Jack will be missed, but the memory of his distinct voice will last forever in the minds of those who heard him broadcast a game

Cutcliffe needed to leave the plantation. Statements like this show that he did not belong there.

Bully13
09-09-2014, 02:47 PM
I enjoyed seeing have ? successful yr at duke....anything that gets under theconfeds skin is ok by me

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Knew David and his family when they were in Oxford. A fine man and wonderful family. Can say the same thing about Mike Bianco and his family, though I'm sure some of you wouldn't agree with me there....don't worry, no other OM coach I have come into contact with has any of my respect.

To show you the kind of family man Cutcliffe was, I'll never forget watching OM play in Baton Rouge late on a Saturday night and then seeing David and his family in church the next morning in Oxford.

Political Hack
09-09-2014, 04:51 PM
I don't have any dislike for Bianco. Not sure he's done much out of the norm that warrens any ill feelings.

I've always liked Cutcliffe. I'll probably get roasted for this, but I've always liked billy brewer too. he's Jackie on the flip side...

Tubberville and Freeze on the other hand, IMO, talk out of both sides of their mouths and are incredibly disingenuous.

Political Hack
09-09-2014, 04:51 PM
oh, and class move by Cut.

Bully13
09-09-2014, 05:53 PM
Speaking of Cut, remember that piece Brando did on ole miss and oxford right after they ran Cut off? Epic. Would listen again.

shoeless joe
09-09-2014, 06:11 PM
He is a classy guy and this was all class on his part. I liked him before but I really like and respect the guy now.

It_Could_Happen
09-10-2014, 01:39 AM
Always liked Cut, even when he was at UM. Hope he makes he big again somewhere soon but I think he retires at Duke.

MaroonState
09-10-2014, 02:00 AM
I don't have any dislike for Bianco. Not sure he's done much out of the norm that warrens any ill feelings.

I've always liked Cutcliffe. I'll probably get roasted for this, but I've always liked billy brewer too. he's Jackie on the flip side...

Tubberville and Freeze on the other hand, IMO, talk out of both sides of their mouths and are incredibly disingenuous.

Didn't he allow Cohen to be served with court papers right before one of our games in Oxford a few years ago? Our former pitcher's lawsuit I think. That warrants some good old fashioned dislike from me.

Political Hack
09-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Didn't he allow Cohen to be served with court papers right before one of our games in Oxford a few years ago? Our former pitcher's lawsuit I think. That warrants some good old fashioned dislike from me.

I'm not sure how Bianco could stop that to be honest. It pissed me off that some OM lawyers would stoop to that level, but I Bianco wasn't serving the papers or determining the timing of that. In all honesty it was probably a lazy way to know where he is at X time once the papers were ready to be served. Either way, I doubt Bianco was involved in the legal process of serving him papers.

AFDawg
09-10-2014, 08:38 AM
I'm not sure how Bianco could stop that to be honest. It pissed me off that some OM lawyers would stoop to that level, but I Bianco wasn't serving the papers or determining the timing of that. In all honesty it was probably a lazy way to know where he is at X time once the papers were ready to be served. Either way, I doubt Bianco was involved in the legal process of serving him papers.

Whatever happened with that suit?

BulldogBear
09-10-2014, 09:09 AM
I've generally pulled for Cutcliffe since he left UM. Always felt a little ashamed at the way they did him, even though it's Ole Miss. I hated seeing a good man mistreated by a state institution. He didn't play the game and didn't buy into the idea that they're awesome "just because" they're Ole Miss. He knew that if he fielded a great team it was not because "they were better than you" socially. IOW, he was a real football coach, not just the face of Ole Miss "in-your-face-ness."