PDA

View Full Version : Redshirt rules

DudyDawg
09-09-2014, 12:48 PM
So us pulling Graham's redshirt last week got me thinking about the rules of redshirting. I know the skin and bones of it, but had some curiousities. First off, I think I already know the answer to this, but if a player is redshirted, can he dress out and keep his redshirt as long as he doesn't play? Also, say last week Graham runs out there. We call timeout or something before the snap. We pull him. He never technically plays a snap, but he did see the field. Can he still be a redshirt? Also, is there a cutoff game to where people are either redshirted or not? Any answers and more would be great. Any other facets of the rule I missed? Any stupid stipulations to it?

Homedawg
09-09-2014, 01:16 PM
Yes you can dress and still redshirt. Second, a long as he doesn't play a snap it's ok. Third, there is no cutoff to when you can play. If you want to idiotically plAy a guy in the 10th game, or even a bowl game, then you can. Obviously, his redshirt is then lost.

DudyDawg
09-09-2014, 01:33 PM
Yes you can dress and still redshirt. Second, a long as he doesn't play a snap it's ok. Third, there is no cutoff to when you can play. If you want to idiotically plAy a guy in the 10th game, or even a bowl game, then you can. Obviously, his redshirt is then lost.

Thanks. I figured they may have a cutoff just so some freshman couldn't dress out constantly and in game 11 be like oh we didn't use him lets not count this season. Thanks for the help

dawgoneyall
09-09-2014, 01:48 PM
Such as we did with Don Smith.