PDA

View Full Version : Head to Head take from yesterday...

Okrastar1
09-09-2014, 08:50 AM
They were talking about the kicking game at state and how Mullen is really sugar coating everything about the kickers. Kinda got me to thinking how great it is to have a coach that when running off the field getting interviewed, or at a podium refuses (no matter how bad it is) to throw players under a bus! Then just a few miles north, their coach takes every free advantage to put a player down or talk bad about their performance. I dislike Bo Wallace with every bone in my body but the way he talked about him to every media outlet really makes me respect Mullen more! Freezus just cannot have any failure seen as an fault of his!

One of my first postings, but long time stalker of the board guys. I'll hang up and listen!

Political Hack
09-09-2014, 09:06 AM
So true. He won't even trash our kickers but Freeze rips Bo Dirt publicly after every bad game he plays.

starkvegasdawg
09-09-2014, 09:11 AM
So true. He won't even trash our kickers but Freeze rips Bo Dirt publicly after every bad game he plays.

And that's been a bunch of games.

I just hope he has our kickers talking to a sports psychologist or something. If they truly are hitting them in practice and that is not another sugar coating then is all mental. No excuse, mental or not, to be missing extra points, though. That should be as automatic as water flowing downhill.

Okrastar1
09-09-2014, 09:12 AM
I mean me myself, I'd rip those kickers a new one! But man it's refreshing seeing a coach that truly has a players back in the media! And doesn't just fear for their souls, or feels like he should try to profess how he is going to lead his players to a deeper understanding of his "religion"!

Okrastar1
09-09-2014, 09:13 AM
No excuses whatsoever, but could you imagine those kickers doing that in Oxfart, and what it would be like in the media?

Covercorner2
09-09-2014, 09:20 AM
Don't take this bait..

RougeDawg
09-09-2014, 09:25 AM
Don't take this bait..

I'm with you. Okra sounds like a Bear in Beavers clothing to me.

DudyDawg
09-09-2014, 09:29 AM
Don't take this bait..

no way this guy is legit haha

Okrastar1
09-09-2014, 09:52 AM
I promise you I'm all bulldog, look at any previous post or comments I've made. Hell matter of fact that big stadium grooms cake from last April was mine. I'm the farthest thing from a rebel/black bear/ land shark you will find

starkvegasdawg
09-09-2014, 10:00 AM
I promise you I'm all bulldog, look at any previous post or comments I've made. Hell matter of fact that big stadium grooms cake from last April was mine. I'm the farthest thing from a rebel/black bear/ land shark you will find

How about an Admiral Akbar?

TrapGame
09-09-2014, 10:08 AM
He's from Grenada. Ain't nothing good ever came outta Grenada.****

Okrastar1
09-09-2014, 10:21 AM
Easy trap, I'm from winona originally so that counts for something right?

Okrastar1
09-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Hell and I'm even bashing Freeze, how the hell am I a black bear?

CadaverDawg
09-09-2014, 10:25 AM

Do you normally post on Genespage? We don't do the "Oxfart" type thing over here.

I'm not going to write you off as a DUN ("Douche Up North") yet....but you've got a bad case of the Gene Jort Fro Syndrome if not. If you're a troll and want to keep bashing Freeze, that's fine with me, I don't really understand the reason OM fans do that anyway. But just cut out the Oxfart stuff. Cool?

TrapGame
09-09-2014, 10:26 AM
Easy trap, I'm from winona originally so that counts for something right?

LOL! I grew up in Grenada.

Okrastar1
09-09-2014, 10:44 AM
Works for me, no never been to genespage to post just referred to it as Oxfart since I was a kid... Not really sure how in the world I'm supposed to prove I'm a state fan but I guess that's why I don't post here anymore than I do? I signed up for elitedawgs the day or shortly thereafter it started...

Yea trap I went to Winona Christian in Winona then to Delta State. That's where the Okra + Star comes from haha

LiterallyPolice
09-09-2014, 10:47 AM
no way this guy is legit haha

SHE'S A WITCH! SHE'S A WITCH! BURN HER!

TheRef
09-09-2014, 10:48 AM
SHE'S A WITCH! SHE'S A WITCH! BURN HER!

SHE TURNED ME INTO A NEWT!!!!

CadaverDawg
09-09-2014, 10:59 AM
Works for me, no never been to genespage to post just referred to it as Oxfart since I was a kid... Not really sure how in the world I'm supposed to prove I'm a state fan but I guess that's why I don't post here anymore than I do? I signed up for elitedawgs the day or shortly thereafter it started...

Yea trap I went to Winona Christian in Winona then to Delta State. That's where the Okra + Star comes from haha

Dude, don't get so worried. Just keep posting and adding to the discussion, and you will be accepted without a doubt. New people are put under a microscope and get a little ribbing because we have so many Rebels that troll and wish they could post. Just a little rookie hazing.

FYI- Saying something about Freeze, and using sayings like "Oxfart" in your first post, makes people a little skeptical. If you're a dawg, just keep posting and everything will be fine. Welcome

Okrastar1
09-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Well thanks I'll try to be more active to prevent that!

RossDawg82
09-09-2014, 11:16 AM
SHE TURNED ME INTO A NEWT!!!!

I got better

TheRef
09-09-2014, 11:18 AM
For those who don't know what we're talking about as far as Witches and Newts are concerned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

Okrastar1
09-09-2014, 11:31 AM
If I floated I was gone for sure!

jimbo352
09-09-2014, 11:43 AM
I don't think anyone is harder on QB's than the Ole Ball Coach...

Let me ask you this. If Mullen called out the kickers after our next game, completely throwing them under the bus, and they started making every FG attempt from that point.... Would you give a sheet that he called them out?

I don't care if Mullen is nice or mean in interviews... Hell, I wouldn't care if he was the antichrist... We pay him to win football games...

Okrastar1
09-09-2014, 11:51 AM
True but to me there is no more psychological position in all of football than the kicker. They have to be handled a lot differently in the fact that they may get one play a game and that is to win the game on I afield goal. All the pressure in the world is on them and that may be their only shot for the entire game...

But the PAT's, yea they should be shot I could make a damn extra point with ease and a kicker I AM NOT!!!

preachermatt83
09-09-2014, 11:53 AM
Don't worry Okra. Just be yourself. Keep on posting and welcome to the greatest MSU message board on the net.

Bubb Rubb
09-09-2014, 11:55 AM
And that's been a bunch of games.

I just hope he has our kickers talking to a sports psychologist or something. If they truly are hitting them in practice and that is not another sugar coating then is all mental. No excuse, mental or not, to be missing extra points, though. That should be as automatic as water flowing downhill.

Part of it is coachspeak. You can tell by how they strike the ball, whether they make it or not, that they just aren't as talented as we need them to be. UAB's kicker is really good....and it's embarrassing that a middling C-USA school can get a better kicker than a competitive SEC school. If it was a one year anomaly that would be one thing, but this has been a more consistent problem.

Okrastar1
09-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Yea preach been around since the start of it, just never posted much. Just had that itch to talk about such a fun subject for us state fans "the kicking game"

TrapGame
09-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Don't worry Okra. Just be yourself. Keep on posting and welcome to the greatest MSU message board on the net.

Somebody's looking for a promotion.*****

RougeDawg
09-09-2014, 02:13 PM
Yea preach been around since the start of it, just never posted much. Just had that itch to talk about such a fun subject for us state fans "the kicking game"

At this point it cannot be referred to as this. Maybe you can get away with calling it our "three ring circus", which is much more fitting.