PDA

View Full Version : Stolen with a different take

Alldawg
09-09-2014, 08:04 AM
Two games into the season, have your expectations changed any for Dan? There was a lot of talk before the season started that anything less than 8 or 9 wins would be a major disappointment. Some had said that if we cant win 9 that Dan has reached his ceiling. After watching the first two games, do you still feel that way?

starkvegasdawg
09-09-2014, 08:08 AM
Yep.

Political Hack
09-09-2014, 08:09 AM
no. every great team has close games against subpar competition. leaving those games with a W is all that matters.

I still expect 4 OOC W's, Vandy, UK, and 3 or 4 from A&M, Auburn, LSU, Arky, and OM.

Jack Lambert
09-09-2014, 08:26 AM
nope.

starkvegasdawg
09-09-2014, 08:34 AM
I agree that ultimately I don't care how we win so long as we get the W. But, if we cant' get 9 wins this season with the talent we have on this team, barring injuries to key players, then I am not sure we ever will. We will probably never have a schedule this easy again that sets up with all of our toss up games at home, and the level of talent we have on this team has rarely, if ever, been seen in Starkville before in our locker room. This should be a team that can compete for the West. If we don't, due to just poor onfield performance, asinine player rotation, or having kickers that choke every game then I am not sure we will have a team that ever will.

TrapGame
09-09-2014, 08:37 AM
My overall opinion will hinge on LSU. If we look craptastic in BR after the Keystone Cops routine in the first three games then I'll change my outlook for the season.

Liverpooldawg
09-09-2014, 08:38 AM
Two games into the season, have your expectations changed any for Dan? There was a lot of talk before the season started that anything less than 8 or 9 wins would be a major disappointment. Some had said that if we cant win 9 that Dan has reached his ceiling. After watching the first two games, do you still feel that way?

No, but then I didn't expect 8 or 9 wins either.

Coach34
09-09-2014, 09:08 AM
Anything less than 8 wins would be a shitty season for this team. And it's time for Mullen to beat A&M, LSU, or Auburn this year

Alldawg
09-09-2014, 09:10 AM
I agree with that, but A&M looks to be a lot better than anyone on here expected. At the same time, LSU looks like shit!

HancockCountyDog
09-09-2014, 09:16 AM
no. every great team has close games against subpar competition. leaving those games with a W is all that matters.

I still expect 4 OOC W's, Vandy, UK, and 3 or 4 from A&M, Auburn, LSU, Arky, and OM.

I agree, 9-3 or 10-2 is what this team should get to. I just hope an extra point doesn't cost us one of these games.

HancockCountyDog
09-09-2014, 09:18 AM
My overall opinion will hinge on LSU. If we look craptastic in BR after the Keystone Cops routine in the first three games then I'll change my outlook for the season.

If we can't beat LSU this year, with this team, and LSU's team then we will never beat them. They are not very good, and we are. They won't be able to run the ball against us, and their QB is terrible.

We should be able to put up at least 30 points, and I don't see LSU scoring more than 20. As long as we don't have to rely on the kicking game, we win this ****ing game.

BulldogBear
09-09-2014, 09:31 AM
I still believe we will win 9 games WITH DAK. If Dak goes down, probably not. What has changed is that I no longer think we are a threat to win 11 and go to ATL.

dickiedawg
09-09-2014, 09:35 AM
My expectation has not changed. I still think 8-4 would be a letdown.

A&M looking like a world beater has changed things a little, so that 8-4 would only be a letdown and not a colossal disappointment. It also gives us another legitimate chance at beating a top-10 team at home, whereas before I thought they would have fallen out of the top 25 by October.

Coach34
09-09-2014, 09:45 AM
I agree with that, but A&M looks to be a lot better than anyone on here expected. At the same time, LSU looks like shit!

We have 2 weeks to get ready for A&M and they are at home. We need to make it happen

BulldogBear
09-09-2014, 09:50 AM
My expectation has not changed. I still think 8-4 would be a letdown.

A&M looking like a world beater has changed things a little, so that 8-4 would only be a letdown and not a colossal disappointment. It also gives us another legitimate chance at beating a top-10 team at home, whereas before I thought they would have fallen out of the top 25 by October.

I'm still not buying TAMU and think they are smoke and mirrors. Are they better than we thought? Of course. But I also think USCe is a shell of who we thought they were and it was game one. We will expose TAMU's defense.

War Machine Dawg
09-09-2014, 10:07 AM
Anything less than 8-4 should get Mullen's rear planted firmly on the hot seat for 2015. Too much talent and experience on this team to do any less. I still think we wind up with 9+ wins.

RougeDawg
09-09-2014, 10:23 AM
I'm still not buying TAMU and think they are smoke and mirrors. Are they better than we thought? Of course. But I also think USCe is a shell of who we thought they were and it was game one. We will expose TAMU's defense.

Spot on. USC's defense, without their two DE's from last years team, is finally showing it's deficiencies. Amazing how a player or two can mask glaring problems on either side of the ball. I fully expect us to Beat A&M and Auburn at home, with the LSU game being the difference in a special season. We should beat OM also, to get to 10 wins, with the team we have. Now the coach and tinkering on the other hand may pull the reigns back some.