PDA

View Full Version : Athletes and activism

Bo Darville
09-09-2014, 06:55 AM
Trayvon Martin killed and the Miami Heat pose in hoodies. Despite Zimmerman being found not guilty.

Donald Sterling says racist things. It's wrong, it's racist, and it's stupid, but it's not illegal. He is banned for life, stripped of his team, players stage protests, players threaten to boycott and sit out playoff game.

Cop kills man in Ferguson. Autopsy says victim has illegal drugs in system. Victim allegedly robbed store earlier in day. NFL players in Washington come out of tunnel with "hands up don't shoot" pose.

Ray Rice beats a woman. Not one player has said "I refuse to play with Ray Rice". League has only suspended him rather than ban him. Players lament poor Ray and the mistake he made. No symbolic gestures in support of woman.

thf24
09-09-2014, 07:13 AM
It's only a just cause if it's fashionable. Sorry women and non-minorities, you just aren't marketable enough.

RougeDawg
09-09-2014, 07:24 AM
Trayvon Martin killed and the Miami Heat pose in hoodies. Despite Zimmerman being found not guilty.

Donald Sterling says racist things. It's wrong, it's racist, and it's stupid, but it's not illegal. He is banned for life, stripped of his team, players stage protests, players threaten to boycott and sit out playoff game.

Cop kills man in Ferguson. Autopsy says victim has illegal drugs in system. Victim allegedly robbed store earlier in day. NFL players in Washington come out of tunnel with "hands up don't shoot" pose.

Ray Rice beats a woman. Not one player has said "I refuse to play with Ray Rice". League has only suspended him rather than ban him. Players lament poor Ray and the mistake he made. No symbolic gestures in support of woman.

This is just racist.**

Sad place we have allowed this once great nation to slide into. It's also sad that Martin Luthet King's dream of all men being treated equally, has been long forgotten by most Americans. We are just as far from that now, if not further, than when he started his great campaign. All Americans need to be reminded of his original Dream and Wishes for human kind, but I understand this doesn't cause television sets to be tuned into news stations.

BulldogDX55
09-09-2014, 07:26 AM
This thread won't last long.

You don't deserve it, but here is the difference spelled out for you: the first three involve either an authority figure or a complete bungling of a criminal case by authority figures, while the fourth is just another employee. It's like how the CEO of a company getting arrested and causes a major shake up, but the same happening to a middle manager does not.

Political Hack
09-09-2014, 07:51 AM
there is a political forum for political posts.

Usually I would've trolled this for an hour or three... today, just a lock.

TheRef
09-09-2014, 07:53 AM
there is a political forum for political posts.

Usually I would've trolled this for an hour or three... today, just a lock.

That kind of day, Hack? That's a shame, buddy.