PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals fans

Todd4State
09-08-2014, 10:54 PM
We're playing pretty good ball right now.

Right to the point, doesn't look like Ed Easley will be brought up.

Wainwright is looking a little bit better his last outing. Wacha is back. Shelby Miller looks totally different. Lynn has had his best season and Lackey eats innings. I wouldn't be surprised to see Wacha in the bullpen this postseason because of his injury. Motte should be back soon, Carlos Martinez, and then Rosenthal are solid. Keep an eye on a guy that they just called up- Sam Tuiavalia. He could take some much needed pressure off of Rosenthal, who I think the Cardinals have overworked. Nesheck is an All-Star. I really like Sam Freeman as a LOOGY.

Molina is back and then they have AJ Pierszynski along with Tony Cruz. No one is deeper at catcher in MLB.

Adams has hit 15 HR's, Wong has had a good year with over 10 himself, and then Carpenter is solid even though he hasn't had the year he had last year. I can't complain about Peralta hitting 20 HR's either. Especially after having Kozma last year going hitless in the World Series.

Oscar Taveras has been a little bit better lately- and he's still learning. Randal Grichuk has been playing better this time around after struggling earlier. Jon Jay looks like a different player than last year. He has become one of the better all-around CF's in the game this year. Holliday is an All-Star.

I'm sure we'll probably see Descalso on the post-season roster because of his versatility and then Garcia and Kozma fighting for one of the other bench spots. Matheny is going to have to make a decision on whether to carry two or three catchers in the postseason. And then there is Bourjos. Honestly there are going to be some tough decisions for the postseason roster this year.

starkvegasdawg
09-08-2014, 11:15 PM
Glad I'm a Braves fan. Don't have to worry about any of that. I put my full attention on over analyzing the MSU football team and worrying about every little facet of their play.

Dawg61
09-08-2014, 11:43 PM
Glad I'm a Braves fan. Don't have to worry about any of that. I put my full attention on over analyzing the MSU football team and worrying about every little facet of their play.

Tough year for Braves fans but they've honestly surpassed my expectations after losing two SP to TJ surgery in one week before the season started. Nobody overcomes that.

War Machine Dawg
09-09-2014, 12:38 AM
Tough year for Braves fans but they've honestly surpassed my expectations after losing two SP to TJ surgery in one week before the season started. Nobody overcomes that.

Exactly. Yeah, offense has sucked. But you had to know up front it would be feast or famine due to the guys in our lineup and the over-reliance on the HR. The fact we're even still semi in the race is probably a minor miracle.

As for the Cards, glad they're my #2 team. They're looking really good. I've been on the Jon Jay bandwagon for a while. Dude can play. It'll be interesting to see who gets left off the postseason roster and how Matheny structures the rotation and bullpen. I'd be shocked if Matheny carries 3 catchers, unless AJ or Cruz can play another position. Versatility is a big deal in the postseason.

dawgs
09-09-2014, 02:42 AM
Jon jay is not close to being one of the best all around CFs in baseball.