PDA

View Full Version : You might be a moron if....

Coach34
09-08-2014, 07:12 PM
You might be a moron if you think Dan Mullen is going to play Damien Williams vs LSU
You might be a moron if you think Dan Mullen doesnt know that our kickers suck
You might be a moron if you think the rotation of complete groups will continue in SEC play
You might be a moron if you think Goat makes sense.
You might be a moron if you think Shumpert is going to challenge JRob for the RB job.
You might be a moron if you think Clay Travis ranking Kentucky ahead of us in Week 2 matters one bit. If we win the West- we will be in the 4-team playoff regardless of where Clay Travis had us in week 2
You might be a moron if you think we have had trouble to this point rushing the passer- we lead the SEC in opponents 3rd down conversions- 20%
You might be a moron if you think there is any way USA beats us Saturday

Carry on

BrunswickDawg
09-08-2014, 07:18 PM
But but but.... The "prisoner of the moment" mentality today just kills me. So many think Saturday's game was trash - maybe Preston and Dak should give back their player of the week honors to make them happy.

HoopsDawg
09-08-2014, 07:27 PM
You might be a moron if you think Dan Mullen is going to play Damien Williams vs LSU
You might be a moron if you think the rotation of complete groups will continue in SEC play
You might be a moron if you think Shumpert is going to challenge JRob for the RB job.
You might be a moron if you think Clay Travis ranking Kentucky ahead of us in Week 2 matters one bit. If we win the West- we will be in the 4-team playoff regardless of where Clay Travis had us in week 2
You might be a moron if you think we have had trouble to this point rushing the passer- we lead the SEC in opponents 3rd down conversions- 20%

Carry on

I agree with most of that, but Mullen played Dylan Favre against Arkansas. He played Favre mid-drive against AU. He rotated QB's last year vs LSU. He rotated Tyson Lee and Relf his first year. It's not like there's not a track record of stupidity.

WinningIsRelentless
09-08-2014, 07:29 PM
You might be a moron if you called to fire Dan in the middle of the UAB game.

BogeyGolfer
09-08-2014, 07:32 PM
I agree with most of that, but Mullen played Dylan Favre against Arkansas. He played Favre mid-drive against AU. He rotated QB's last year vs LSU. He rotated Tyson Lee and Relf his first year. It's not like there's not a track record of stupidity.

Tyson was the better QB early in the 09' season. Relf needed time to work on his passing game. We were never in the Arkansas game in 11'. Both Dak and Tyler played well against LSU last year so I have no issue with that at all... I agree with all of coach's points.

Todd4State
09-08-2014, 07:38 PM
But but but.... The "prisoner of the moment" mentality today just kills me. So many think Saturday's game was trash - maybe Preston and Dak should give back their player of the week honors to make them happy.

I don't know a group of fans that harp on one particular thing worse than MSU fans. We get burned 3 times- one of which was a freshman- and it's a major weakness all of a sudden.

Coach34
09-08-2014, 07:44 PM

What was stupid about any of that? Russell wasnt doing shit vs UPig, Russell came in and threw a TD pass vs LSU, plus Lee and Relf did a good job in year 1.

There was no rotation in 2010 when Relf was the clear #1
There was no rotation in 2012 when Russell was the clear #1

When we have rotated, its been due to injury or the starter struggling

Dawgtini
09-08-2014, 08:08 PM

Carry on

I'm good with 7/8. #TeamGoat #MightStillBeMaronOrAtleastWhit

fishwater99
09-08-2014, 11:16 PM
What was stupid about any of that? Russell wasnt doing shit vs UPig, Russell came in and threw a TD pass vs LSU, plus Lee and Relf did a good job in year 1.

There was no rotation in 2010 when Relf was the clear #1
There was no rotation in 2012 when Russell was the clear #1

When we have rotated, its been due to injury or the starter struggling

If Williams plays in the first half Saturday, I fully expect we will see him at LSU.

mstatefan91
09-08-2014, 11:33 PM
This is the first year where he is rotating quarterbacks for no other reason than to rotate them. Every other time it has been because the starter is struggling or injury. I also doubt that we see Williams in the first half at LSU but I wouldn't be very surprised if we do see him.

Everybody just get yourselves ready because you will almost assuredly see Williams in the first quarter against USA.

RiverCityDawg
09-09-2014, 05:50 AM

Carry on

I agree with those, except I do think we will rotate complete groups on defense in SEC play.

thf24
09-09-2014, 07:01 AM
If Williams plays in the first half Saturday, I fully expect we will see him at LSU.

How in the world could you possibly think that? Do you really, honestly think Dan is playing him early against these weak opponents for any other reason than to get meaningful reps (whether that has any merit or not is beside the point)? Do you really, honestly think a veteran head football coach with multiple national championships on his resume is going to rotate in his backup quarterback against one of the conference's top teams? Good grief. Refer back to the thread subject line.

Dawgface
09-09-2014, 07:46 AM
99% of all head coaches would have kept Dak in until we had a decent lead then sub with Williams. But if one questions Mullen's thinking, you must be a moron. Funny.

Bubb Rubb
09-09-2014, 08:10 AM
You might be a moron if you think we have had trouble to this point rushing the passer- we lead the SEC in opponents 3rd down conversions- 20%You might be a moron if you think there is any way USA beats us Saturday

Carry on

I don't quite understand what you're saying in the comment I bolded. Number one, rushing the passer and conversion percentage are two different things. It's possible to never get pressure on a QB and see a low conversion percentage, which leads me to point two: We played UAB and Southern. It's not like we are stoning Alabama and Auburn out there. And point three: conversion percentage was low against UAB because they hit us with big plays. Fewer first down, fewer third down conversions.

Oh, and you might be a moron if you think everything is fine with the offensive line.

RC3
09-09-2014, 08:10 AM
99% of all head coaches would have kept Dak in until we had a decent lead then sub with Williams. But if one questions Mullen's thinking, you must be a moron. Funny.

:medal

Coach34
09-09-2014, 08:32 AM

Not what I said- I said if you think he is going to play Williams vs LSU. In my Sunday Morning QB- I mentioned that whether you agree with his strategy or not is up to u.

CottonDog
09-09-2014, 08:38 AM
I fully expect Mullen to trot Damien out there for the 3rd series. Right, wrong, or indifferent I would be surprised if he doesnt do this.

bluelightstar
09-09-2014, 08:39 AM
Not what I said- I said if you think he is going to play Williams vs LSU. In my Sunday Morning QB- I mentioned that whether you agree with his strategy or not is up to u.

Seems like 99% of head coaches ever don't agree with his strategy lol

dparker
09-09-2014, 08:40 AM

+1

Coach34
09-09-2014, 08:41 AM
I don't quite understand what you're saying in the comment I bolded. Number one, rushing the passer and conversion percentage are two different things. It's possible to never get pressure on a QB and see a low conversion percentage, which leads me to point two: We played UAB and Southern. It's not like we are stoning Alabama and Auburn out there. And point three: conversion percentage was low against UAB because they hit us with big plays. Fewer first down, fewer third down conversions.

Oh, and you might be a moron if you think everything is fine with the offensive line.

if you are getting pressure and forcing offenses to hurry- it helps keep them from converting 3rd downs. I can't look it up right now- but UAB was 4/16 or some crap on 3rd down. We have 5 sacks on the season- which isn't bad. Plus numerous hurries. Teams that get pressure often force low 3rd down conversion rates.

Regardless of the big plays- UAB still punted 8 times. Like too many around here, I'm not going to wet myself over them throwing deep vs our 3rd string to get the final under 20 points

fishwater99
09-09-2014, 11:12 PM
I fully expect Mullen to trot Damien out there for the 3rd series. Right, wrong, or indifferent I would be surprised if he doesnt do this.

We will see him Sat for sure.

mstatefan91
09-09-2014, 11:18 PM
NM