PDA

View Full Version : Buy or sell: Goodell will not be NFL commish this time next year.

Tough Dawg
09-08-2014, 06:51 PM
If it's proven NFL covered this up then they are in a world of hurt from a PR standpoint and somebody will fall from grace. I predict the commish.

TheRef
09-08-2014, 06:53 PM
Buy if the TMZ reports are true that they covered this up. This is a PR nightmare if I've ever seen one. Ravens officials won't be left out, either. Neither will the DA's office if evidence comes out that they saw this video.

BulldogDX55
09-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Buy if the TMZ report comes to fruition.

Sell otherwise, because the owners like him too much due to him siding with them over the players most of the time.

War Machine Dawg
09-08-2014, 07:38 PM
Buy if the TMZ report comes to fruition.

Sell otherwise, because the owners like him too much due to him siding with them over the players most of the time.

This.

Todd4State
09-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Sell. The owners will protect Goodell.

But as a baseball fan having watched MLB get raked over the coals with the steroid stuff while the NFL gets a meh- it's about time something bad happened to them.

sleepy dawg
09-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Replace 1 with the next.
What all these people don't realize, is that it is the culture. I'm sure there were very many in the NFL that knew exactly what happened. They probably do stuff like this all the time.

The NFL and MLB are certainly not unique in this regard. In general, the more powerful people are and the more money people are making, the more they will go out of their way to protect that power and money.

Drugdog
09-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Replace 1 with the next.
What all these people don't realize, is that it is the culture. I'm sure there were very many in the NFL that knew exactly what happened. They probably do stuff like this all the time.

The NFL and MLB are certainly not unique in this regard. In general, the more powerful people are and the more money people are making, the more they will go out of their way to protect that power and money.

I've seen coverups that were nothing short of amazing in particular areas of my life... stuff you couldn't believe could be covered up. And the cover ups I've seen didn't come from the some of the biggest, most powerful entities in the world.

At least give us a teaser on what was covered up.

TheRef
09-08-2014, 09:12 PM
At least give us a teaser on what was covered up.

Such a bad post leading us on like that, right?**************

M.Fillmore
09-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Sell. Ole Roger will be there a long time.
He is a terrible commissioner; more vain and power crazy than the usual sports commish. But he will be there a long time.

FlabLoser
09-08-2014, 11:43 PM
Sell because the NFL doesn't give a shit about women. He just wear pink in October to make the public think otherwise.

CJDAWG85
09-08-2014, 11:52 PM
Sell

Jack Lambert
09-09-2014, 08:36 AM
Sell. The owners will protect Goodell.

But as a baseball fan having watched MLB get raked over the coals with the steroid stuff while the NFL gets a meh- it's about time something bad happened to them.

If that's the case everyone who is offended should boycott the NFL. Go a few weeks with empty stands and low TV ratings. His butt would be gone!

Tough Dawg
09-10-2014, 04:04 PM
BUYING IN BULK. Dump truck loads. I'm going to Sams Club for this and buying a case full.

Alldawg
09-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Buying also. I was buying all along so I have racked up stock on this.

thf24
09-10-2014, 04:18 PM

Depends on how much it will hurt the owners, directly or indirectly, to protect him. If they stand to lose anything significant, they're throw him to the wolves in a heartbeat and install someone new who will run things just like he did.

quickstrike2
09-10-2014, 04:26 PM
Not sure if I would buy, but I do think some things are heating up. With Congress sending him a letter today, and this law enforcement official claiming he sent the video and has a voicemail from the NFL office confirming arrival, things could really get interesting. I think Goodell is at least having to squirm a little, which is good because when he has free time he comes up with great ideas like having a team in London***

FlabLoser
09-10-2014, 04:34 PM
More info is suggesting the NFL had the tape. The AP is reporting that law enforcement sent the NFL a copy of the tape. Allegedly, there is a voicemail confirming its delivery.

So Goodell saw it and lied about it. Or the NFL was too incompetent to give the tape to Goodell. Or it was covered up by someone else. Who knows. Bottom line is Goodell is responsible for the NFL.

I say he's out. And I like Condi Rice's chance to replace him.

jbjones
09-10-2014, 04:49 PM
Bottom line is Goodell is responsible for the NFL.
I say he's out.

I agree with you. If "The buck stops with the Head Coach" (Sean Payton), then it stops as well at the Commish's desk.

Political Hack
09-10-2014, 05:50 PM
heads will role. just don't know if it will be his.

the players union should get involved in this. If he suspended RR indefinitely after the media saw it, but only suspended him 2 games after he saw it, that's a HUGE issue.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-10-2014, 06:08 PM
heads will role. just don't know if it will be his.

the players union should get involved in this. If he suspended RR indefinitely after the media saw it, but only suspended him 2 games after he saw it, that's a HUGE issue.
And if he plays the i didnt see it or know about it, then he looks incompetent or unable to manage the organization.

TheRef
09-10-2014, 06:17 PM
And if he plays the i didnt see it or know about it, then he looks incompetent or unable to manage the organization.

ACPD is saying that they did give the NFL the video and said they have voicemail confirmation of the delivery.

FlabLoser
09-10-2014, 07:04 PM

Loss of institutional control. Which means the NFL should come down hard in some backhanded way against whatever video tape whistleblower turned in the Pats for stealing signals during their reign.