PDA

View Full Version : UAB game stat I haven't seen mentioned.

DistrictDawg92
09-08-2014, 05:18 PM
As I sweated my balls away last Saturday( thank god for the cloud that was behind the sun for the entire 3rd quarter or they may be gone) I realized towards the end of the game that we only had forced ONE turnover. I think this is truly the only reason the game was even somewhat close. Our one forced turnover was really a fluke too and should have been a safety IMO I think the QB was already down before he threw. If we are going to win big we have to freakin force turnovers, and a lot of them. 1 forced turnover is unacceptable against a team like UAB. If we want to beat a team like LSU we need upwards of 3 or more. On the bright side we only had 1 TO as well but come on now, we have a legit SEC defense and they simply do not.

On a completely unrelated note, I think B-Mac may have had his best game ever. Damn it feels good to have a NFL ready MLB running our defense.

TheDawgBiscuit
09-08-2014, 05:20 PM
If Redmond had not tried for the Interception/stat and batted away then there would be one less UAB TD. I here you. But our CBs need to make pics when it is not a threat for the competition and knock down other stuff.

Dawg61
09-08-2014, 05:39 PM
Defense spends every waking moment trying to get the ball back. Sometimes it just isn't that easy. I am not worried about us forcing turnovers. We are very good in this area.

EAVdog
09-08-2014, 05:42 PM
If 'if's and buts' were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Seriously the big play passes accounted for over 50% of their yards. On 3 plays. Stop them on 3 plays and it looks like, and was, a complete rout. Good for them they made some great throws and caught our guys napping. Hopefully it'll be a wake-up call.