09-08-2014, 10:59 AM
Hope no more 1a and 1b by then.

bluelightstar
09-08-2014, 11:01 AM
Well, this is going to be....something.

HancockCountyDog
09-08-2014, 11:01 AM
Hope no more 1a and 1b by then.

Damn - I was hoping we would get an early kickoff, LSU doesn't play as well in the early hours.

I still think we are the better team, but Saturday's sauna has made me a little less confident.

MarketingBully01
09-08-2014, 11:08 AM
I think the key to the LSU game is to come out and hit them in the mouth early. They are a very young team so they will feed off the crowd. We need to get a lead and take the crowd out of the game...

TrapGame
09-08-2014, 11:16 AM
Night game, lot of drunks. If we win watch for flying whiskey bottles!!!!

rabbitthedawg
Sure was hoping for an afternoon game here. Dawgs gotta play all four quarters and not act like Wisconsin did and melt in the 4th.

msugolf
I think the key to the LSU game is to come out and hit them in the mouth early. They are a very young team so they will feed off the crowd. We need to get a lead and take the crowd out of the game...

That is what we SHOULD do but I've got this feeling that we'll try to do something too cute through either the play calling or personnel choices. Seen it way too many times. Got my wool trimmed with the #3 level guard on the clippers this past weekend. In 2 weeks time, it could need another trim without the guard.

DudyDawg
09-08-2014, 11:32 AM
It's on Espn as well. Here's our chance to make a damn name for our team and do what we haven't been able to recently. Big stage. Need our big players to make big plays. I'm pumped

Pollodawg
09-08-2014, 11:36 AM
If we get the ball, march down the field and score, hold them, and Dan trots Damien out there, I may.......friggen........lose it.

maroonmania
09-08-2014, 11:36 AM
That is what we SHOULD do but I've got this feeling that we'll try to do something too cute through either the play calling or personnel choices. Seen it way too many times. Got my wool trimmed with the #3 level guard on the clippers this past weekend. In 2 weeks time, it could need another trim without the guard.

Yep, my wool is gone after this past weekend. Right now if you told me we would win 1 of the 3 among @LSU, TA&M and Auburn I would likely go ahead and take it. All 3 look to be Top 10 teams. I am glad we are getting LSU fairly early, they will only continue to get better.

Pollodawg
09-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Seriously, if Dan pulls the same crap against an SEC team that he did Saturday, I may punch a hole in the wall, then commence ripping the sheet rock out with my teeth. The man can't be that arrogant and stubborn. Can't be.

CadaverDawg
09-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Sure was hoping for an afternoon game here. Dawgs gotta play all four quarters and not act like Wisconsin did and melt in the 4th.

We probably can't, bc none of our starters are used to playing more than 30-ish snaps a game.

starkvegasdawg
09-08-2014, 11:49 AM
We probably can't, bc none of our starters are used to playing more than 30-ish snaps a game.

And Mullen brags about that fact. Of course, Mullen also says we have no kicking problem. Which I agree with. We just have a bad accuracy problem. They can kick the ball. But like the line in Bull Durham when Kevin Kostner is talking to the batter about the pitcher after he tells him to hit the bull..."I have no idea where it's going."

codeDawg
09-08-2014, 12:03 PM
I have no doubt we can go toe to with them for 3 quarters. We did last year. This year's MSU squad is a lot better, and LSU's is a lot worse.

It's that damn 4th quarter with them. Watching UAB torch us deep this week was scary. LSU's QB has a cannon too. We have to get to the QB on those plays.

I hope Mullen runs up a 21 point lead going into the 4th.

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Not sure why anyone at MSU would be scared of LSU right now. They've beaten us 21 of the last 22 for Freezus sakes. What's the worst that can happen, we lose? Again? Enough of this Saturday night in Baton Rouge BS, let's just go down there and punch them in the mouth with 1A and see what happens. There is nothing magical about Night time in Baton Rouge other than LSU's confidence in playing at that time of day. Stop acting like our ***** kickers and have confidence that 1A will go down there whip their ass.

Political Hack
09-08-2014, 12:30 PM
night game at Tigah' Stadium!!!! Will feel ever better if we leave with a W.

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2014, 12:45 PM

Agree. What a great opportunity. You don't win the SEC West by getting lucky with game times. This time and place offers MSU all the opportunity in the world to make a statement that MSU football has changed. I can guarentee you that McKinney, Dak, and the other ultra competitors on our team are glad this game is at night. Statement time.

BulldogBear
09-08-2014, 12:52 PM
Just think how it will feel to alter the most quoted statistic in all off college football.

"LSU is (insert number) and 2 at night in Tiger Stadium under Les Miles." -I'm gonna love hearing that and knowing we altered it even as whoever says it states that the last loss came vs Dan Mullen's scrappy 2014 Ole Miss team.

Jack Lambert
09-08-2014, 12:56 PM
Damn - I was hoping we would get an early kickoff, LSU doesn't play as well in the early hours.

I still think we are the better team, but Saturday's sauna has made me a little less confident.

Seems to me that goes the same with us.

MaxedOutMaroon
I will be there. Keeping my mouth shut if we win, but going absolutely crazy on the inside. I'm just excited to experience it.

bluelightstar
Agree. What a great opportunity. You don't win the SEC West by getting lucky with game times. This time and place offers MSU all the opportunity in the world to make a statement that MSU football has changed. I can guarentee you that McKinney, Dak, and the other ultra competitors on our team are glad this game is at night. Statement time.

It does, but there's absolutely something about Tiger Stadium at night. Their guys feed off it. "Tiger Stadium is where dreams come to die." In fact, if I remember right there's only two teams (I think) that have beaten them Saturday night in Tiger Stadium since Miles got there. I would absolutely prefer to have them in the afternoon.

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2014, 01:02 PM
It does, but there's absolutely something about Tiger Stadium at night. Their guys feed off it. "Tiger Stadium is where dreams come to die." In fact, if I remember right there's only two teams (I think) that have beaten them Saturday night in Tiger Stadium since Miles got there. I would absolutely prefer to have them in the afternoon.

Agree, their players feed off of it. That's it. That's all. They've beaten us 21 of the last 22 times. Not sure why we would be scared of losing to them. Our players will also play up because it's Saturday night. This is the opportunity we've been waiting for. 1A is better than LSU and can/should win this game.

Does Geoff Collins come off as the type that will get intimidated by Tiger Stadium at night? The psyco defense will be the psycoest defense ever next Saturday night.

Let's take care of South Al and go make a statement to the nation next Saturday night.

Goat Holder
09-08-2014, 01:11 PM
It's on Espn as well. Here's our chance to make a damn name for our team and do what we haven't been able to recently. Big stage. Need our big players to make big plays. I'm pumped

I agree with this. If we want respect, we need to beat someone on the big stage. Florida, Georgia and Auburn were great, but they weren't on the big stage. Michigan and Ole Miss last year (somewhat) was, and they bought us hype. Beat LSU and we'll be ranked where we should be.

We can continue to squabble and hope that we catch teams when they are 'down', or we can take the respect we want. A lot rides on this game.

Bully041184
09-08-2014, 03:59 PM
In fact, if I remember right there's only two teams (I think) that have beaten them Saturday night in Tiger Stadium since Miles got there. I would absolutely prefer to have them in the afternoon.

I did a super quick check and I saw Florida and Bama beat them within the past 5 or so years. Not sure if they were night games or not. This is truly an impressive stat--I'd do about anything to get a W this year in BR.

GreenheadDawg
09-08-2014, 04:01 PM
I agree with this. If we want respect, we need to beat someone on the big stage. Florida, Georgia and Auburn were great, but they weren't on the big stage. Michigan and Ole Miss last year (somewhat) was, and they bought us hype. Beat LSU and we'll be ranked where we should be.

We can continue to squabble and hope that we catch teams when they are 'down', or we can take the respect we want. A lot rides on this game.

For once I agree with you. Until we start winning games like this and show we can compete, this year will be just like the rest. I won't lie.. I'm not convinced we will beat LSU

yjnkdawg
09-08-2014, 04:15 PM

I agree. If you beat LSU at night in Tiger Stadium, then you have bragging rights. A better win than a day game down there and a lot better than a win at your own stadium, when LSU never showed up (See OM).