PDA

View Full Version : Braves

msstate7
09-08-2014, 07:48 AM
This team is a mess. I really think this is the series where the Nats exercise their demons and bury us. While I'd love for us to somehow pull out a wildcard spot, I think it would be best to miss out. If we miss out, these are the things I'd do:

1. Do anything it takes to get rid of bj

2. Put jup on the market. We're not gonna be able to resign him. We could really get a huge pull for him.

3. Trade gattis. I love his bat, but bethancort is the future and next season he should be our starter.

4. Fire fredi and walker.

5. Send Simmons to winter ball and completely retool his swing. His hacking is a complete and utter embarrassment.

6. Trade cj. If kyle kubitza isn't ready, then let gosselin man 3rd till he is. Gosselin is gonna be a really good utility man for us

7. See if anyone is interested in lastella. Peraza is the future and I think he starts next season

Our pitching staff should be strong next season. I want bethancourt as their catcher.

Next season may be tough if we move jup and gattis, but we'll be better for it long term if we retool. We've got to get rid of the homerun or bust offense

starkvegasdawg
09-08-2014, 07:57 AM
I'll be honest, I quit watching or keeping up about two weeks ago. I checked this morning to see where they were in the standings. Saw nothing much had changed. I'll check back in about a week and see where they are...maybe.

msstate7
09-08-2014, 08:01 AM
I'll be honest, I quit watching or keeping up about two weeks ago. I checked this morning to see where they were in the standings. Saw nothing much had changed. I'll check back in about a week and see where they are...maybe.

We're 1/2 game out of 2nd wildcard spot. This is why it's so painful. The nl just won't put this team out of its misery. I've never been more disgusted with a brave team ever. This offense is painful. Someone please cut off my satellite and internet so I can quit torturing myself!!!!

trob115
09-08-2014, 08:19 AM
I too haven't watched a game in nearly 2 weeks. I am really hoping that we miss the playoffs in hopes that it sparks action in major firings. I pretty much agree with all of your points above 7.

starkvegasdawg
09-08-2014, 08:22 AM
We're 1/2 game out of 2nd wildcard spot. This is why it's so painful. The nl just won't put this team out of its misery. I've never been more disgusted with a brave team ever. This offense is painful. Someone please cut off my satellite and internet so I can quit torturing myself!!!!

It's like crack. You just have to go through the detox program and get over the withdrawal symptoms. I used to never miss a game. Now I may watch three innings twice a week. And that was before I quit watching altogether two weeks ago. I can't stress over MSU and the Braves. My heart can only take one so I chose MSU.

shoeless joe
09-08-2014, 09:39 AM
This team isn't likable. Too many bitches, not enough gamers.

Bitches: bj, JUp, Chris Johnson, Simmons (although I like him and think he will be good he's gotta adjust, very andruwish at the plate)

Gamers: freeman

Tweeners: Heyward, gattis. If these two cod step up to gamers it would make a huge difference but they have as many bitch days as they have days where they show up to do work.

msstate7
09-08-2014, 09:48 AM
This team isn't likable. Too many bitches, not enough gamers.

Bitches: bj, JUp, Chris Johnson, Simmons (although I like him and think he will be good he's gotta adjust, very andruwish at the plate)

Gamers: freeman

Tweeners: Heyward, gattis. If these two cod step up to gamers it would make a huge difference but they have as many bitch days as they have days where they show up to do work.

I agree. I've been a brave fan all my life and this is my least favorite collection of players ever. Yes that includes the horrible teams in the 80s

dawgs
09-08-2014, 10:58 AM
I thought the NL east was the braves to lose and I was told how wrong I was pointing out the holes in the roster (specifically the HR or nothing offense)? I was called a homer for pointing out the nats had a better, more well-rounded roster.

BrunswickDawg
09-08-2014, 11:10 AM
I suffered through the late 70s, and the 80s. I used to watch or listen to 130+ games a year. 2011 almost did me in, but 2012 and last year finally put the nail in the coffin. I haven't done more than check a score as I was flipping channels all season. It makes me sad.

msstate7
09-08-2014, 11:19 AM
I thought the NL east was the braves to lose and I was told how wrong I was pointing out the holes in the roster (specifically the HR or nothing offense)? I was called a homer for pointing out the nats had a better, more well-rounded roster.

Neither team is very good. Nats are the better team of the 2 though although our sorry team has still ripped you guys a new one. I'd hold off on the WS tix if I was you

dawgs
09-08-2014, 11:26 AM
Neither team is very good. Nats are the better team of the 2 though although our sorry team has still ripped you guys a new one. I'd hold off on the WS tix if I was you

If the nats aren't very good, then no one outside the angels and A's are very good. Nats are 3rd in MLB in run differential and 1st in the NL (50 runs ahead of the dodgers who have the 2nd best run differential). Nats also have the 2nd best team era (best in the NL), give up the least amount of BBs in MLB, and rank 2nd in the NL in runs scored. If that's the numbers of a not very good team, I hope the nats stay not very good for a long time.

msstate7
09-08-2014, 11:30 AM
If the nats aren't very good, then no one outside the angels and A's are very good. Nats are 3rd in MLB in run differential and 1st in the NL (50 runs ahead of the dodgers who have the 2nd best run differential). Nats also have the 2nd best team era (best in the NL), give up the least amount of BBs in MLB, and rank 2nd in the NL in runs scored. If that's the numbers of a not very good team, I hope the nats stay not very good for a long time.

Your bullpen is falling apart and it'll cost you big time soon enough. Good teams don't lose 5 of last 6 to the phillies...

dawgs
09-08-2014, 11:52 AM
Your bullpen is falling apart and it'll cost you big time soon enough. Good teams don't lose 5 of last 6 to the phillies...

Good teams do go on the road and take 2 of 3 from each of the dodgers and mariners. And yes, soriano is a concern. I think storen will be closing full time before October. Storen has a sub-1.00 era since the start of August (0.00 era in September) and a 1.34 era on the season. The nats panicked after he blew that cardinals playoff series (on a lot of seeing eye grounders and shit that's BABIP luck, he wasn't getting hit hard) and brought in soriano. That wrecked his confidence for 2013. They should have reenforced his confidence and rolled into 2013 with him still the closer - there's been a lot of all-time great closers that lost a playoff series or World Series. No need to overreact.

Clippard had had a rough outing in LA, so his September numbers aren't great, but he's otherwise been great all season, no need to panic over small sample sizes, even Kimbrel has a bad outing here and there.

Soriano has been bad the whole 2nd half, I agree, but he's really been the extent of it. And that should be remedied now that he's out of the closer job.

msstate7
09-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Good teams do go on the road and take 2 of 3 from each of the dodgers and mariners. And yes, soriano is a concern. I think storen will be closing full time before October. Storen has a sub-1.00 era since the start of August (0.00 era in September) and a 1.34 era on the season. The nats panicked after he blew that cardinals playoff series (on a lot of seeing eye grounders and shit that's BABIP luck, he wasn't getting hit hard) and brought in soriano. That wrecked his confidence for 2013. They should have reenforced his confidence and rolled into 2013 with him still the closer - there's been a lot of all-time great closers that lost a playoff series or World Series. No need to overreact.

Clippard had had a rough outing in LA, so his September numbers aren't great, but he's otherwise been great all season, no need to panic over small sample sizes, even Kimbrel has a bad outing here and there.

Soriano has been bad the whole 2nd half, I agree, but he's really been the extent of it. And that should be remedied now that he's out of the closer job.

Storen should fix back end. Just sour grapes on my part. Congrats on east

dawgs
09-08-2014, 12:37 PM
Storen should fix back end. Just sour grapes on my part. Congrats on east

Ha no worries, I just like talking baseball more than pretty much any other sport (definitely pro sports) because it can broken down numerically so well, and I really enjoy that aspect of it. Because most of y'all are barves fans, I venture into these threads to get my baseball fix (and talk a little shit).

And I hope y'all keep fredi forever!