PDA

View Full Version : Anyone concerned that Jameon has disappeared from the passing game?...

maroonmania
09-07-2014, 04:14 PM
I know he had a family tragedy last week so I certainly understand that would impact his play this week but the SEC's leading returning receiver now has 30 yards receiving through the first 2 games. I'm also aware we have other receivers emerging but he became such a threat toward the end of the year last year I just hate that the slot position is not really even being utilized at the moment.

msstate7
09-07-2014, 04:16 PM
Not yet. I'd like to see him tune it up this week though.

Rick Danko
09-07-2014, 04:27 PM
No, so long as the overall numbers are still there, I'm not concerned where they come from.

Goat Holder
09-07-2014, 04:29 PM
He dropped what might have been a 50+ yard TD. Hit him in the hands.

I give him the benefit of the doubt right now, considering his brother.

MSUDawg4Life
09-07-2014, 04:30 PM
No. I think Dak was looking for Jameon on a few plays and just didn't make the connection. I think they'll come around. Not worried about it.

defiantdog
09-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Isn't Dak tied for the lead in touchdown passes with 9? I think we're good in the passing game. I like seeing JRob getting the ball more

RougeDawg
09-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Isn't Dak tied for the lead in touchdown passes with 9? I think we're good in the passing game. I like seeing JRob getting the ball more

8 I believe.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 05:02 PM
He's not getting as many reps because we're getting 1B and 1C reps. Maybe he will miraculously have his timing down with Dak though once he is left in for an entire game against good competition.

Saltydog
09-07-2014, 05:30 PM
done a whole lot of these first two games. We've been throwing it more downfield. He had a very good game two years ago at LSU with the short passes so I'm thinking we'll see some of that this go around as well.

PMDawg
09-07-2014, 08:24 PM
We will need him this week.

Delmar
09-07-2014, 08:38 PM
It seems like Bear Wilson is running a lot of those seam routes that Lewis was catching last year.

PMDawg
09-07-2014, 08:48 PM
We dont need him running seam routes as much as we need those "choice" in/out routes and crossing routes in the 12-15 yard range.

MarketingBully01
09-07-2014, 10:13 PM
He's not getting as many reps because we're getting 1B and 1C reps. Maybe he will miraculously have his timing down with Dak though once he is left in for an entire game against good competition.

Did Ross play much on Saturday? I don't think he had a single catch. Mullen needs to get his head out of his ass and coach this team and put the best players out on the field.

Imagine this offense: Jameon in the slot, Ross where RoJo was and Bear on the outside with JRob as the HB, Shumpert as the FB, Walley/Hutcherson/MoJo at the TE and Dak leading the offense. That offense would score a ton of points and be ballenced. Instead, we get the shitshow of alternating QBs and 1a and 1b bullshit. How do you get rhythm when you constantly shuffle guys in and out and how do you get quality reps being shuffled in and out? Stupid as shit if you ask me.

MarketingBully01
09-07-2014, 10:16 PM
done a whole lot of these first two games. We've been throwing it more downfield. He had a very good game two years ago at LSU with the short passes so I'm thinking we'll see some of that this go around as well.

LSU's DL is their weakness and I think the intermediate passing game also would work in our favor. They are becoming extremely inflated in their ranking as well (top 10 really idiot voters???). In fact, two teams (A&M and LSU) are severely overrated at the moment. If we win those two, it could be a top five game against Auburn. I don't see how they could turn game day down for that.

engie
09-07-2014, 10:19 PM
Did Ross play much on Saturday? I don't think he had a single catch. Mullen needs to get his head out of his ass and coach this team and put the best players out on the field.

Imagine this offense: Jameon in the slot, Ross where RoJo was and Bear on the outside with JRob as the HB, Shumpert as the FB, Walley/Hutcherson/MoJo at the TE and Dak leading the offense. That offense would score a ton of points and be ballenced. Instead, we get the shitshow of alternating QBs and 1a and 1b bullshit. How do you get rhythm when you constantly shuffle guys in and out and how do you get quality reps being shuffled in and out? Stupid as shit if you ask me.

Our OL is so good -- we only need 4 of em**

preachermatt83
09-07-2014, 10:23 PM
We dont need him running seam routes as much as we need those "choice" in/out routes and crossing routes in the 12-15 yard range.

^^This.. and it's what we will do come SEC play. I believe Dan is storing everything up for LSU. I have been thinking about this a lot lately. You can count up and I bet you we haven't ran more than 6-8 diff plays. We are not opening it up and wont until LSU. Dan hears what we hear. he knows the "Dan can't win the big one" deal and he also knows that a win against LSU will be a springboard into an outstanding season. If he can squeeze out the first 3 games being as vanilla as possible on both sides of the ball and keeping everyone healthy and ready to unleash on LSU, he don't care how mad he makes us.

MarketingBully01
09-07-2014, 10:26 PM
Our OL is so good -- we only need 4 of em**

Got me there Engie. Okay so we take the fullback out. I think we still would be great with the others out there...

MarketingBully01
09-07-2014, 10:31 PM
^^This.. and it's what we will do come SEC play. I believe Dan is storing everything up for LSU. I have been thinking about this a lot lately. You can count up and I bet you we haven't ran more than 6-8 diff plays. We are not opening it up and wont until LSU. Dan hears what we hear. he knows the "Dan can't win the big one" deal and he also knows that a win against LSU will be a springboard into an outstanding season. If he can squeeze out the first 3 games being as vanilla as possible on both sides of the ball and keeping everyone healthy and ready to unleash on LSU, he don't care how mad he makes us.

We need to beat the shit out of USA and play the 1s the full first half and see where that gets us. We need to give LSU something to think about.

LSU is a young team with glaring weaknesses on both sides of the ball. I also think ULM will be within two TDs of LSU as they may have a game where they think they can just show up as well.

Johnson85
09-08-2014, 09:05 AM
I know he had a family tragedy last week so I certainly understand that would impact his play this week but the SEC's leading returning receiver now has 30 yards receiving through the first 2 games. I'm also aware we have other receivers emerging but he became such a threat toward the end of the year last year I just hate that the slot position is not really even being utilized at the moment.

Not really concerned the way we have been spreading it around. It concerns me that Dak was locked in on him several times Saturday and forced passes to him.