PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss arrogance

TheDogFather
09-07-2014, 01:31 PM
Had an Ole Miss fan lecture me that the phrase Ole Miss Sucks is a poor choice of exposure to teenagers who were with my group.

He'll yes - a coordinated response to the question "are you ready (to completely validate ole miss stereotypes?)". Not yes, but hell yes.

Damn right - a coordinated affirmation to the coordinated response to the first question. Throw in a vulgarity just because you can.

Hotty Toddy - a reference to unabated consumption of alcohol.

Gosh Almighty - a thinly veiled attempt at not taking the Lords name in vain

Who the hell are we? - in your face self servitude sprinkled with vulgarity.

Film flam bim bam - unrecognizable babble obviously a result of the aforementioned alcohol consumption

Ole Miss - unarguably a reference to old southern social status reinforced with the starkest picture of racism.

By damn! - another vulgarity apparently included to reinforce the misguided self recognition of arrogance.

Yep, "ole miss sucks" is the epitome of the moral degradation of our youth.

Saltydog
09-07-2014, 01:47 PM
nt

BeastMan
09-07-2014, 01:47 PM
In all seriousness, I wonder if Freeze would say the full hotty toddy cheer? He's never been asked. I could care less if he says damn or not but I've always wondered

IMissJack
09-07-2014, 01:48 PM
How do they feel about racist symbolism?

TheRef
09-07-2014, 01:48 PM
I'm surprised they're more concerned with Ole Miss Sucks than Go To Hell Ole Miss.....

scottycameron
09-07-2014, 01:49 PM
In all seriousness, I wonder if Freeze would say the full hotty toddy cheer? He's never been asked. I could care less if he says damn or not but I've always wondered

no, he'd do the "yes ma'am" thing. I'd bet a 100 on it.

FlabLoser
09-07-2014, 01:51 PM
You forgot "Hell yes, damn right...".

Their cheer starts cussing right at the start to set the tone.

RougeDawg
09-07-2014, 01:56 PM
The thread title is redundant.

Mutt the Hoople
09-07-2014, 02:25 PM
Ole Miss is morally, spiritually, emotionally, and genetically inferior. Take their mascot- the soldier of the only American Army to lose a war. So, from the beginning they're LOSERS. It's like calling themselves the Ole Miss Nazis, or the Ole Miss Japs- those were armies that got their asses kicked by America too.

Then their claim they're "The flagship University"- For decades, they trained all the political leaders and lawyers in the State. The Result? Mississippi is last in the nation. They train their lawyers to destroy businesses through petty lawsuits and Jackpot Justice.

Winston Churchill said it best about Ole Miss:

"How dreadful are the curses which Ole Miss lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many counties. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Rebels rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Rebel law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. Individual Rebels may show splendid qualities. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of America; all know how to die; but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Rebelism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Mississippi, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science - the science against which it had vainly struggled - the civilization of modern America might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome."

Dawgowar
09-07-2014, 02:36 PM
Had an Ole Miss fan lecture me that the phrase Ole Miss Sucks is a poor choice of exposure to teenagers who were with my group.

Why would you stand there and listen to them? Perhaps walking away with your group of teens would be wise. Include an adult toned talk about how TSUN people think the Moon Landing was faked and recruiting rankings are important. They are not stable people and should be politely avoided whenever possible.