PDA

View Full Version : MSU Statistical Leaderboard update, week 2

Quaoarsking
09-07-2014, 10:31 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_State_Bulldogs_football_statistical_le aders

Dak Prescott

With 211 passing yards yesterday, Dak passed Dave Marler to move to 16th on our alltime career passing yards list with 2,629. He's only 451 yards away from matching Omarr Conner at 10th alltime.
Dak became the 10th MSU player to throw 4 touchdown passes in one game yesterday.
Dak now has 8 touchdown passes on the season, which is 3 away from a big tie for 8th. That's right, Dak will likely have the 8th most passing TDs in a season in our history next week after only 3 games. The school record is 24 (Russell in 2012).
Dak is now in sole possession of 10th in career touchdown passes with 22. The school record is 42 (Russell), and it's possible Dak breaks that this year. If not, he should blow way past it next year, barring long-term injury.
Dak now has 134 rushing yards on the season. He's not on pace for a 1,000-yard season, but I think he has a good chance of getting there as he runs more during the season. We've never had a QB run for 1,000 yards before.
Dak now has 18 rushing TDs in his career, 2 away from tying Michael Haddix and Walter Packer for 9th all time. If Dak plays through 2014 and 2015 without major injury, I think he'll at least pass Vick Ballard (29) for second, although Anthony Dixon's 42 may be out of reach.
This isn't up on the Wiki page, but Dak's career Total Offense (passing + rushing) is now 3,710, putting him 284 away from 10th (Anthony Dixon). He's more than halfway to the school record of 7,097 (Don Smith).
Dak's 5 total touchdown day yesterday gives him 40 alltime, tied for 6th with Derrick Taite. The school leader is Don Smith (52).

Josh Robinson

Robinson now has 211 rushing yards on the season and is on pace to enter the single-season top 10.
Robinson's career totals are now 1,005 yards and 5 TDs.

Jameon Lewis

Lewis has had a quiet season so far, but he's 6 catches away from tying Arceto Clark for 10th on that alltime list, and 315 yards from tying Fred Hadley for 10th on the yards list.
Lewis has 6 career receiving touchdowns and is 4 away from tying Harper Davis, Danny Knight, Marcus Green, and LaDarius Perkins at 9th.

De'Runnya Wilson

With 3 receiving touchdowns already, Wilson will probably break into the single-season leaderboard this season. The school record is 12 (Chad Bumphis in 2012).
Wilson now has 6 career TD receptions, so he's more than halfway to the big tie for 9th.

Malcolm Johnson

He had a quiet day yesterday, but he's only 2 TDs away from joining the big tie for 9th.

Leroy Jenkins
09-07-2014, 10:54 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_State_Bulldogs_football_statistical_le aders

Dak Prescott

With 211 passing yards yesterday, Dak passed Dave Marler to move to 16th on our alltime career passing yards list with 2,629. He's only 451 yards away from matching Omarr Conner at 10th alltime.
Dak became the 10th MSU player to throw 10 touchdown passes in one game yesterday.
Dak now has 8 touchdown passes on the season, which is 3 away from a big tie for 8th. That's right, Dak will likely have the 8th most passing TDs in a season in our history next week after only 3 games. The school record is 24 (Russell in 2012).
Dak is now in sole possession of 10th in career touchdown passes with 22. The school record is 42 (Russell), and it's possible Dak breaks that this year. If not, he should blow way past it next year, barring long-term injury.
Dak now has 134 rushing yards on the season. He's not on pace for a 1,000-yard season, but I think he has a good chance of getting there as he runs more during the season. We've never had a QB run for 1,000 yards before.
Dak now has 18 rushing TDs in his career, 2 away from tying Michael Haddix and Walter Packer for 9th all time. If Dak plays through 2014 and 2015 without major injury, I think he'll at least pass Vick Ballard (29) for second, although Anthony Dixon's 42 may be out of reach.
This isn't up on the Wiki page, but Dak's career Total Offense (passing + rushing) is now 3,710, putting him 284 away from 10th (Anthony Dixon). He's more than halfway to the school record of 7,097 (Don Smith).
Dak's 5 total touchdown day yesterday gives him 40 alltime, tied for 6th with Derrick Taite. The school leader is Don Smith (52).

Josh Robinson

Robinson now has 211 rushing yards on the season and is on pace to enter the single-season top 10.
Robinson's career totals are now 1,005 yards and 5 TDs.

Jameon Lewis

Lewis has had a quiet season so far, but he's 6 catches away from tying Arceto Clark for 10th on that alltime list, and 315 yards from tying Fred Hadley for 10th on the yards list.
Lewis has 6 career receiving touchdowns and is 4 away from tying Harper Davis, Danny Knight, Marcus Green, and LaDarius Perkins at 9th.

De'Runnya Wilson

With 3 receiving touchdowns already, Wilson will probably break into the single-season leaderboard this season. The school record is 12 (Chad Bumphis in 2012).
Wilson now has 6 career TD receptions, so he's more than halfway to the big tie for 9th.

Malcolm Johnson

He had a quiet day yesterday, but he's only 2 TDs away from joining the big tie for 9th.

I feel like this is not an accurate statement.

Quaoarsking
09-07-2014, 10:56 AM
I feel like this is not an accurate statement.

Haha good catch.

Leroy Jenkins
09-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Haha good catch.

Although, it would be awesome... And then Sports Center would give OM credit.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Good stuff, Quaoars. It still amazes me at how poor our record stats are in the passing department. For Dak to be approaching Top 10 in school history already with 12 more games this year* and another 13+ next year, is both a testament to Dak and Dan Mullen, and a showing of how atrocious our history is in the passing department.

Political Hack
09-07-2014, 11:19 AM
one of my favorite weekly threads. thanks Q.

ScoobaDawg
09-07-2014, 02:13 PM
thanks Q, i dont play with sports stats as much as i used to but still love reading them (and do still read the media notes weekly). good stuff.

Todd4State
09-07-2014, 02:19 PM

Dak just broke Archie Manning's record...

BulldogBear
09-07-2014, 03:14 PM

This^ ...on both points