PDA

View Full Version : any news on Cox and Market

archdog
09-07-2014, 09:19 AM
I believe they both went down yesterday. Just wondering if anyone heard anything.

msstate7
09-07-2014, 09:22 AM
No idea, but I'm guessing market was concussion. I think the real concern is cox

MarketingBully01
09-07-2014, 09:28 AM
If it's anything big, we will find out in Dan's press conference. I think Market just got a gash on his head no concussion. If it was one, it was mild.

DudyDawg
09-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Talked to a player last night and he said that Market just cut his head and wasn't concussed. Weird to get a cut inside the helmet. Also said Cox was fine and that hell play next week. I don't know if that's all true, but that's I was told

CJDAWG85
09-07-2014, 09:30 AM
I talked to Market last night. He's fine. Got 8 stitches.

msstate7
09-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Talked to a player last night and he said that Market just cut his head and wasn't concussed. Weird to get a cut inside the helmet. Also said Cox was fine and that hell play next week. I don't know if that's all true, but that's I was told
Awesome

MarketingBully01
09-07-2014, 09:35 AM

Sounds great! Hope it's true!

DudyDawg
09-07-2014, 09:39 AM
Sounds great! Hope it's true!

Me too. He dismissed it pretty quick as if it was just the usual of a player getting banged up. Made me hopeful but we will see

HailState39110
09-07-2014, 09:48 AM
The way our safeties played yesterday we need all the help we can get . If Cox and Market are both out we could be in some trouble . I hope both are ok . Cox looked like he pulled his hammie

thf24
09-07-2014, 09:52 AM
Really hope Cox isn't going to miss any time. As has already been discussed, I don't think we're weak against the deep ball and it was just bad scheming and flat play that created the problems yesterday, but our next few opponents are going to watch the film and test us in that area nonetheless. We need Cox back playing center field because he's our only safety who can close fast enough to help out on those once the ball is in the air.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 10:04 AM
If you guys DVR'd the game, go back and watch Preston's INT. As soon as market realized Smith caught it, his little ass took off looking for someone to lay out. I love that guy. He is a 6'5 300lb'er in a 5'8 190 frame. Dude is just a player

NCDawg
09-07-2014, 10:10 AM
If you guys DVR'd the game, go back and watch Preston's INT. As soon as market realized Smith caught it, his little ass took off looking for someone to lay out. I love that guy. He is a 6'5 300lb'er in a 5'8 190 frame. Dude is just a player

And his little ass saved the Kentucky game last year with his shoe string tackle of that guy who had clear sailing to the end zone.

maroonmania
09-07-2014, 11:12 AM
Really hope Cox isn't going to miss any time. As has already been discussed, I don't think we're weak against the deep ball and it was just bad scheming and flat play that created the problems yesterday, but our next few opponents are going to watch the film and test us in that area nonetheless. We need Cox back playing center field because he's our only safety who can close fast enough to help out on those once the ball is in the air.

I don't know if we are weak against the deep ball as a pattern or not (guess we will find out when A&M comes to town) but I've been dreaming for years to see our WRs get separation against other team's DBs the way UAB's did against ours yesterday. The only big play where we were actually on the guy was where the UAB receiver took the ball away from Redmond and ran off and left him. On the others they were just running free. There were a number of other UAB catches where we seemingly had nobody covering the guy. And thank goodness for a couple of drops and the offensive pass interference call or our passing D would have statistically looked even that much worse. Place kicking and pass defense have now sheared off my wool to where I could actually see the potential of us going just 7-5 even with a healthy Dak all year. Never thought I would see our defense get abused like that by ANY CUSA team. And no this game wasn't as close as some of other OOC games (UAB 2010, LA Tech 2011, BG 2013, etc.) thanks to our red zone point production but not in ANY of those games did our defense get abused like yesterday. I mean 550 freakin' yards! That's absurd.

archdog
09-07-2014, 01:40 PM
I talked to Market last night. He's fine. Got 8 stitches.

Chicks dig scares and glory last forever. Market is my boy.