PDA

View Full Version : Shumpert fans

MaxedOutMaroon
09-07-2014, 08:06 AM
Not trying to stir some of you up. But after watching his runs yesterday, I was less than impressed. He seemed slow and struggled to find holes (I realize he didn't get many carries). Now, I still believe in him as a good running back, but he's not near JRob (Very few said he was) and not much better if any than Nick. What do the Shumpert fans say to make me feel better about him?

starkvegasdawg
09-07-2014, 08:26 AM
Not trying to stir some of you up. But after watching his runs yesterday, I was less than impressed. He seemed slow and struggled to find holes (I realize he didn't get many carries). Now, I still believe in him as a good running back, but he's not near JRob (Very few said he was) and not much better if any than Nick. What do the Shumpert fans say to make me feel better about him?
He didn't give up 400 yards passing.

hdc
09-07-2014, 08:32 AM
He didn't miss a PAT.

dawgoneyall
09-07-2014, 09:02 AM
He still runs too straight up

CJDAWG85
09-07-2014, 09:03 AM
Were there any holes for him to run through?

msstate7
09-07-2014, 09:11 AM
Were there any holes for him to run through?

Don't know. Holloway was out there on what should've been shump's drive. We had their defense tired and we run holloway out there who goes down with arm tackles. I have no way to know if I'm right, but I like to think we ice the game if shump goes in at that point.

MafiaDawg
09-07-2014, 09:36 AM
Sloooooooooooooooowww

DudyDawg
09-07-2014, 09:41 AM
Seemed like Dan wanted to keep sending a message by limiting snaps. Watched him a few times on kick off and he hammered a guy. But from our view in the endzone you could tell no holes opened on his runs. Not making a bad cut or miss read, just never had anywhere to go

Dawg61
09-07-2014, 09:47 AM
Shump runs too upright and too much East West. He also tackles himself basically. Everyone on this board wanted Milton gone but Milton was better than what we are seeing from Shump.

RiverCityDawg
09-07-2014, 09:51 AM
Milton was better than what we are seeing from Shump.

I tend to agree. In fact, I think Milton looked better than anything we're seeing from our current backs, other than JRob. If 13 goes down we are in trouble.

defiantdog
09-07-2014, 09:53 AM
I'm getting close to jumping on the "Put Shump at Safety" bandwagon

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 10:01 AM
Jesus, you guys are incredible. What did he have, 2 carries yesterday? It's one game into his Soph season (true Soph), and our fans are writing the guy off. Chill out.

As mstate7 said, if he would have gotten Holloway's carries we could have more to judge him on. I'm not saying he will be a stud, but it's far too early to rush to judgement.

Saltydog
09-07-2014, 10:02 AM
transitioning him back there some. He's too good an athlete to be sitting there buried on the depth chart at RB.

DudyDawg
09-07-2014, 10:04 AM
I'm getting close to jumping on the "Put Shump at Safety" bandwagon

So a true sophomore who got three carries should move positions now? Come on. The guy didn't get a chance. Griffin got two tries for -1 yards. Let's put his ass at linebacker. It was Shumps first chance this season and he barely saw the ball. And when he did, he didn't have any holes. Stay patient

DudyDawg
09-07-2014, 10:05 AM
transitioning him back there some. He's too good an athlete to be sitting there buried on the depth chart at RB.

If he's too slow to play running back why can he play safety. Is he going to chase down all those deep balls yesterday? Not according to y'all. He can't even outrun anyone with the ball and has no vision why can he play safety

thf24
09-07-2014, 10:06 AM
He still runs too straight up

Too straight up and very sloppy fundamentally as far as strictly running goes. He runs with his feet too far apart and loafs as a result. I think he'd get a step or two (or three) faster if we got a track coach to work with him on his running form.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 10:07 AM
So a true sophomore who got three carries should move positions now? Come on. The guy didn't get a chance. Griffin got two tries for -1 yards. Let's put his ass at linebacker. It was Shumps first chance this season and he barely saw the ball. And when he did, he didn't have any holes. Stay patient

Exactly. Our online coaches need to back off the position changes. We have people that saw Graham catch a few punts and they say, "he needs to be seeing action in the slot". Really? Based on what? A few caught punts. Now our internet coaches are calling for a position change for Shump 3 CARRIES into his Soph season. Good grief.

Saltydog
09-07-2014, 10:16 AM
have much depth at safety. He needs to be at outside LB, IMO. Again, too good an athlete to be buried in a position where he won't be contributing but in a back up roll with limited p/t.

Dawg61
09-07-2014, 10:17 AM
Exactly. Our online coaches need to back off the position changes. We have people that saw Graham catch a few punts and they say, "he needs to be seeing action in the slot". Really? Based on what? A few caught punts. Now our internet coaches are calling for a position change for Shump 3 CARRIES into his Soph season. Good grief.

You had the biggest boner on here about Graham. Shump has looked average at best since he started seeing reps last year. After this year he'll only have two years left. I don't think it's a crazy idea to start thinking about moving him to defense. He is a great athlete and from what everyone says he was pretty special at the safety position in high school.

DudyDawg
09-07-2014, 10:19 AM
have much depth at safety. He needs to be at outside LB, IMO. Again, too good an athlete to be buried in a position where he won't be contributing but in a back up roll with limited p/t.

So you're saying he will start at linebacker? I mean, if you want to move him so he won't just be contributing in a backup role then you must think he will start there. Who does he start over? Benni? Wells? Sure would hate to keep him buried at running back. Let's move him to one of our deepest units. That'll get him some PT

Saltydog
09-07-2014, 10:20 AM
me his kids were scared to death to catch the ball at Amory when Shump was playing safety.

DudyDawg
09-07-2014, 10:21 AM
me his kids were scared to death to catch the ball at Amory when Shump was playing safety.

That's great. Who does he replace at linebacker I ask again. Surely he won't be just a backup like is at RB

msstate7
09-07-2014, 10:23 AM

I'd like to see him in the slot some bc he has the speed to hit a hr. Lewis doesn't have that ability. Don't want Lewis replaced full time, but I'd like to see graham get a shot. If we can sit dak a few series, then Lewis shouldn't be above it.

msstate7
09-07-2014, 10:25 AM
I wonder why shump wants to play rb. RB is a position that the nfl doesn't pay and their careers are short.

(Not saying shump will make nfl at either position)

DudyDawg
09-07-2014, 10:26 AM
I wonder why shump wants to play rb. RB is a position that the nfl doesn't pay and their careers are short.

(Not saying shump will make nfl at either position)

Touchdowns are sexier than tackles my man

defiantdog
09-07-2014, 10:30 AM
I just hate to see a talent like Shump's get reps behind Holloway. If he's moved to safety, he'll at least get reps. He is too good a talent to sit on the bench. Who knows, he may be a Bob Sanders in the making.

Saltydog
09-07-2014, 10:31 AM
especially with the way we rotate the defense, than he would at RB. He's not an SEC RB, IMO. You have your opinion, I have mine. FWIW, his h.s. coaches were shocked he's been put on the offensive side of the ball.

Goat Holder
09-07-2014, 10:31 AM
Shumpert is not a good RB. He runs to contact, not to openings. He needs to be a FB or S. You'll never get the Shump-lovers to admit he can't hack it though, sort of like Obama voters.

DudyDawg
09-07-2014, 10:39 AM
especially with the way we rotate the defense, than he would at RB. He's not an SEC RB, IMO. You have your opinion, I have mine. FWIW, his h.s. coaches were shocked he's been put on the offensive side of the ball.

I'm fine with you having an opinion ha. I just thinks it's silly for people to say he's too slow to play RB in the SEC and then say he should be our safety.

And as far as linebacker, I'm just confused why you think he will get more reps there. He's onlyl been back for one game. Give it time. Our linebackers are far deeper than running back. He will start to be productive. Hard to show what you got on three chances. Just ask griffin

Saltydog
09-07-2014, 10:39 AM
nt

Dawg61
09-07-2014, 10:46 AM
I just thinks it's silly for people to say he's too slow to play RB in the SEC and then say he should be our safety.

Safeties traditionally are a step slower than RBs. Cornerbacks are faster than RBs not safeties.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 10:56 AM
So you guys are thinking he can't cut it at RB, and don't want him "buried on the depth chart", yet you want to move him to LB or Safety? You actually think he would get reps there? In front of who? And against who? LSU? You wanna break him in now?

Here's the bottom line with Shump...

This season, his only options are at RB or at FB. He is a tremendous lead blocker, and we need that in our offense. Ask Auburn. So even if he isn't TB quality, he still needs to be in the backfield at FB. But to act like he isn't a better option than Holloway is crazy too.

And for those of you saying he should play defense. If he's too slow for RB, he's not playing in the secondary. And who the hell would he replace at LB in the next 2 years? Nobody. So unless you want him to beef up and be our version of Isaac Gross, you're wasting time putting one of our players down and acting like he can't get better at RB.

But if it makes you feel good saying he should play defense, go ahead. He won't ever be moved there, bc if he's not our RB, he's our FB for the next 3 years.

DudyDawg
09-07-2014, 11:02 AM
So you guys are thinking he can't cut it at RB, and don't want him "buried on the depth chart", yet you want to move him to LB or Safety? You actually think he would get reps there? In front of who? And against who? LSU? You wanna break him in now?

This season, his only options are at RB or at FB. He is a tremendous lead blocker, and we need that in our offense. Ask Auburn. So even if he isn't TB quality, he still needs to be in the backfield at FB. But to act like he isn't a better option than Holloway is crazy too.

And for those of you saying he should play defense. If he's too slow for RB, he's not playing in the secondary. And who the hell would he replace at LB in the next 2 years? Nobody. So unless you want him to beef up and be our version of Isaac Gross, you're wasting time putting one of our players down and acting like he can't get better at RB.

But if it makes you feel good saying he should play defense, go ahead. He won't ever be moved there, bc if he's not our RB, he's our FB for the next 3 years.

In fairness to them, we did see how much he's improved yesterday from his true freshman year bc he got enough chances to show he "can't hack it".*
If he would've had 10 carries I think he would've done better than 2.7 YPC. Oh, and he had his three chances with the second team. That's all the evidence we need. Move him

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 11:09 AM
In fairness to them, we did see how much he's improved yesterday from his true freshman year bc he got enough chances to show he "can't hack it".*
If he would've had 10 carries I think he would've done better than 2.7 YPC. Oh, and he had his three chances with the second team. That's all the evidence we need. Move him

Yea, Goat's Goat.....and the fact that we have multiple posters high fiving him the last day or two, makes Hugh Freeze fear for their souls, and makes me wonder what's going on with our suddenly impatient fan base. We will give Nick James 4 years to show improvement despite being out of shape and not doing what coaches ask....yet we're ready to write off a former MS player of the year at RB because he didn't break a big one in one of his 3 carries with the second team in the first game of his sophomore season? Just doesn't make sense, but what are ya gonna do.

DudyDawg
09-07-2014, 11:11 AM
Yea, Goat's Goat.....and the fact that we have multiple posters high fiving him the last day or two, makes Hugh Freeze fear for their souls, and makes me wonder what's going on with our suddenly impatient fan base. We will give Nick James 4 years to show improvement despite being out of shape and not doing what coaches ask....yet we're ready to write off a former MS player of the year at RB because he didn't break a big one in one of his 3 carries with the second team in the first game of his sophomore season? Just doesn't make sense, but what are ya gonna do.

Goat is saying we need to move him after a true frosh season and three carries as a soph. Then makes a thread saying not to jump and overreact to the game. Typical.

HancockCountyDog
09-07-2014, 11:11 AM
Im worried that he doesn't have that SEC burst. That extra gear that allows a SEC RB to get through the hole or get past the LB. I just wasn't there yesterday, and honestly I haven't seen it since he got here. It could be OL related, but he seems a lot more like Griffin and not like Boobie or JRob. He isn't even in the same solar system as those two. I know folks say it is early, but by now we should be seeing flashes of talent like we are from Bear, B. Brown, and Redmond. So far its been pretty much nothing.

Dawg61
09-07-2014, 11:12 AM

You make several good points here. Let me be clear, I am not saying move Shumpert THIS SEASON but what I am saying is that maybe it needs to be looked at in the offseason. However if he is a great lead blocker than I agree to leave him where he is at. I honestly haven't been watching him as a blocker. I will start.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 11:14 AM
Goat is saying we need to move him after a true frosh season and three carries as a soph. Then makes a thread saying not to jump and overreact to the game. Typical.

Haha that is Goat in a nutshell.

DudyDawg
09-07-2014, 11:15 AM
Im worried that he doesn't have that SEC burst. That extra gear that allows a SEC RB to get through the hole or get past the LB. I just wasn't there yesterday, and honestly I haven't seen it since he got here. It could be OL related, but he seems a lot more like Griffin and not like Boobie or JRob. He isn't even in the same solar system as those two. I know folks say it is early, but by now we should be seeing flashes of talent like we are from Bear, B. Brown, and Redmond. So far its been pretty much nothing.

You mean you didn't see that extra gear in THREE carries yesterday? Be patient.

You make several good points here. Let me be clear, I am not saying move Shumpert THIS SEASON but what I am saying is that maybe it needs to be looked at in the offseason. However if he is a great lead blocker than I agree to leave him where he is at. I honestly haven't been watching him as a blocker. I will start.

He impressed me a few times on kickoff blocking. Sadly we got chances to see a lot of our kick returns...

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 11:18 AM

I actually agree with this to an extent. I'm not ready to throw him out as a Tailback....but SO FAR he doesn't seem to have much burst. That's why I tend to think his future is at FB, and in the diamond formation as a bruising tailback in short yardage. I don't see him ever breaking any long runs for us, but he can pound out some tough yards for us.

So I agree he may not end up a tailback...but the dude is a really good blocker as a fullback, and gives you a good option to surprise people with a quick hitter to the fullback occasionally on short yardage. Also, he could be a good weapon out of the backfield on play action at the goal line in an I formation or pistol set, as a receiver in the flat IMO.

defiantdog
09-07-2014, 11:48 AM
Why'd he only have 3 carries though? And Holloway had too many? I honestly don't care where Shump plays. I just don't want us wasting his talent. I've said it all along.... we didn't redshirt him because he wanted to play. And now in year 2, he's playing but is limited to 3 carries?

RiverCityDawg
09-07-2014, 12:22 PM
You mean you didn't see that extra gear in THREE carries yesterday?

Three carries, all spring, and last year. We haven't seen ONE flash of anything to give an indication that he has the quickness to be an impact RB in the SEC. I'm not giving up on him yet, but at some point we should see SOMETHING other than good lead blocking or short physical runs against Alcorn St.

And for the record, I certainly don't think he has the quickness or speed for defense. MAYBE LB if he could add about 15 more pounds... But if he did that I would rather him just stay on offense as a FB.

DudyDawg
09-07-2014, 12:49 PM
I'm not saying he's a game breaker or star or anything more than a very good number 2 and FB. Judging him off three carries and a true frosh year where he was extremely limited in chances is a bit early. And Ashton shumpert will never play linebacker at MSU. Look at who we have. He's staying on O

Goat Holder
09-07-2014, 12:53 PM

Not overreacting to a game. I'm offering my opinion after seeing Shumpert play many times. He's a good hitter. End of discussion.

"Goat blah blah insert faggy insult here" is not going to make you and cadaver dawg less wrong. Might pad your ego I suppose.

Goat Holder
09-07-2014, 12:55 PM
Jesus, you guys are incredible. What did he have, 2 carries yesterday? It's one game into his Soph season (true Soph), and our fans are writing the guy off. Chill out.

As mstate7 said, if he would have gotten Holloway's carries we could have more to judge him on. I'm not saying he will be a stud, but it's far too early to rush to judgement.

Stop crying dude, seriously. Nobody is writing him off. He can be an incredible football player at another position. That's not writing him off. You're acting butt hurt.

DudyDawg
09-07-2014, 12:57 PM
Not overreacting to a game. I'm offering my opinion after seeing Shumpert play many times. He's a good hitter. End of discussion.

"Goat blah blah insert faggy insult here" is not going to make you and cadaver dawg less wrong. Might pad your ego I suppose.

Nothing about you constantly contradicting yourself pads my ego.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 01:03 PM
Stop crying dude, seriously. Nobody is writing him off. He can be an incredible football player at another position. That's not writing him off. You're acting butt hurt.

So you just basically told me I'm right, but resorted to saying I'm "crying" and "butt hurt". First of all, why would I be crying if I'm right...and second of all, how are you so talented that you can see emotion through words on a page? Is that one of your split personality advantages? Every time you resort to telling someone they're whining, or when you don't add anything, but just say you're right...you're wrong and you've lost a debate. You know it, and I know it.

msstate7
09-07-2014, 01:06 PM
I think shump is the type of rb that needs 10+ carries to be successful. He hits a defense and hits it till they're beat physically. I'd like to see a game where shump relieves jrob for around 10 carries and see if shump's physical nature would take a toll on a defense

DudyDawg
09-07-2014, 01:06 PM

How do you not see how stupid you sound. In one post you say that people use "faggy insults" towards you. In your very next post you used faggy insults.

Goat Holder
09-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Is that one of your split personality advantages?

Probably. Let me go ask myself and find out.

DudyDawg
09-07-2014, 01:09 PM
I think shump is the type of rb that needs 10+ carries to be successful. He hits a defense and hits it till they're beat physically. I'd like to see a game where shump relieves jrob for around 10 carries and see if shump's physical nature would take a toll on a defense

I agree. One thing I also don't like is us basically giving a running back a full drive. Why not switch during the drive to stay fresh? That's where I think shump will be good. When Jrob has three or four good runs in a row and subs in a fresh shump to plow a winded linebacker. That'll be when you see what he can do.

Maybe that rotation will change during the meat of the schedule. At least I'm hoping so

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Probably. Let me go ask myself and find out.

That was actually pretty funny

Goat Holder
09-07-2014, 01:11 PM
How do you not see how stupid you sound. In one post you say that people use "faggy insults" towards you. In your very next post you used faggy insults.

Because I'm not stupid, and I didn't insult anyone.

Fred Garvin
09-07-2014, 01:36 PM
Ummm. How many fumbles has shumpert had?

MaxedOutMaroon
09-07-2014, 01:55 PM
CadaverDawg like the guy said no on is writing him off. I hope he turns into the best RB MSU has ever seen. I'm just saying from what I saw yesterday, he was not impressive. I realize I'm basing it off 3 carries and his blocking, but what do you want us to do just overlook it? The reason I thought to ask was so many people were talking him up this week and he didn't back it up. JRob averages over 6 yard per carry on his career, Shumpert has not; therefore, it's hard to believe he is a future stud. Your insights have been helpful and positive though

defiantdog
09-07-2014, 01:59 PM
CadaverDawg like the guy said no on is writing him off. I hope he turns into the best RB MSU has ever seen. I'm just saying from what I saw yesterday, he was not impressive. I realize I'm basing it off 3 carries and his blocking, but what do you want us to do just overlook it? The reason I thought to ask was so many people were talking him up this week and he didn't back it up. JRob averages over 6 yard per carry on his career, Shumpert has not; therefore, it's hard to believe he is a future stud. Your insights have been helpful and positive though

He does average 4.9 yards a carry for just under 50 carries in his career.

MaxedOutMaroon
09-07-2014, 02:06 PM
He does average 4.9 yards a carry for just under 50 carries in his career.

Pretty good, but most carries are against Alcorn state, but let me put it on the record. "I hope he's a stud and great." Just haven't seen those flashes of greatness

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 02:09 PM

So...you agree that it was on only 3 carries? And you do realize that he was playing with the second team O? And you do realize he averages almost 5 yards per carry through his career so far?

If you realize those things...what am I missing in saying that you are jumping the gun with this thread?

If you are going to start this thread about Shump, then I'm waiting on threads about Holloway, Graham, Damien Williams, Dez Harris, Hutcherson, etc... Because I don't think those guys have broken a big TD run, had a TD catch, or forced a fumble or interception in their first 5 plays of the season either.

The problem with this thread and with those jumping to conclusions, is that some of you guys are obsessed with flash. You can't see Shumpert blocking blitzing LB'ers to keep Dak from getting smoked....you can't see Shump blowing up a LB'er to open a lane for Robinson or Dak near the goal line. You just want a guy that rips off long runs and scores a TD every game, and Shump isn't, and never will be, that guy. Doesn't mean he isn't a RB, or that he should move to defense. It's just like Goat saying Rea should be a grad assistant when he has a year of eligibility left, just because he had a bad year last year. It's short sighted and makes no sense.

My opinion.

Todd4State
09-07-2014, 02:16 PM
I'm just trying to figure out why running to contact is a bad thing for a running back?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCAJ_fH0XoU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvHPZi7_apk

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 02:18 PM
I'm just trying to figure out why running to contact is a bad thing for a running back?

Yep, especially when our fans have taken the "running to contact" thing and run with it to an extremely exaggerated level. Yesterday Shump took a handoff and kicked it outside because, low and behold, there were defenders there! Not the type of thing you would ever see him do based on this board's narrative.

whosyourdawgy
09-07-2014, 02:19 PM
I would like to see Shump in our hurry up after jrob and Dak have run it a few times and got the D a little tired. Then hit them with power of Shump up the gut. He will punish them then. He definitely is one that wil get better in game the more he touches the ball.

Goat Holder
09-07-2014, 02:21 PM

Shumpert doesn't have those guys' running ability. It's easy to see.

Goat Holder
09-07-2014, 02:26 PM
It's just like Goat saying Rea should be a grad assistant when he has a year of eligibility left, just because he had a bad year last year. It's short sighted and makes no sense.

Nope

Fundamental logic flaw, again. I've never been a fan of Rea.

You are trying so hard to take me down that you completely whiff on the point at hand.

DudyDawg
09-07-2014, 02:27 PM
Pretty good, but most carries are against Alcorn state, but let me put it on the record. "I hope he's a stud and great." Just haven't seen those flashes of greatness

They are also with a second and third team o-line as a true frosh. If you want to use facts use them all.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 02:29 PM
Nope

Fundamental logic flaw, again. I've never been a fan of Rea.

You are trying so hard to take me down that you completely whiff on the point at hand.

I'm just pointing out facts. Don't want to look dumb, don't say dumb shit.

War Machine Dawg
09-07-2014, 03:17 PM
Shump runs too upright and too much East West. He also tackles himself basically. Everyone on this board wanted Milton gone but Milton was better than what we are seeing from Shump.

Milton couldn't hold onto the football. If you can't hold onto the football, you don't need to play in the SEC. Thought that was about as obvious as a John Correro sideline report.

defiantdog
09-07-2014, 03:41 PM

Would love to see a video of Brandon Hill's hit on the UAB safety that knocked his helmet off yesterday

Dawg61
09-07-2014, 11:00 PM
Milton couldn't hold onto the football. If you can't hold onto the football, you don't need to play in the SEC. Thought that was about as obvious as a John Correro sideline report.

He lost two fumbles in two years. He had 234 yards on 47 carries for a 4.97 yards per carry and he scored 4 touchdowns. Shumpert has 198 yards on 49 carries for a 4.04 yards per carry and 3 touchdowns. But he doesn't have two fumbles. Two. Man that's awful. He should just quit forever. He lost two fumbles in two years.**

War Machine Dawg
09-07-2014, 11:21 PM
He lost two fumbles in two years. He had 234 yards on 47 carries for a 4.97 yards per carry and he scored 4 touchdowns. Shumpert has 198 yards on 49 carries for a 4.04 yards per carry and 3 touchdowns. But he doesn't have two fumbles. Two. Man that's awful. He should just quit forever. He lost two fumbles in two years.**

He fumbled it wayyyyy more than two times. Only losing 2 means he was lucky as hell. C'mon, mane.

Dawg61
09-07-2014, 11:31 PM
He fumbled it wayyyyy more than two times. Only losing 2 means he was lucky as hell. C'mon, mane.

He fumbled it a total of three times in two years and he lost two of them. But keep saying he had fumbling issues. I mean the rumor was he fumbled in practice some too right? Shit cut his ass. Oh wait. We did. Now he is scoring TDs for Mcneese St. I am sure he will fumble a bunch though right? Stupid to push him out.

Johnson85
09-08-2014, 09:01 AM
Why'd he only have 3 carries though? And Holloway had too many? I honestly don't care where Shump plays. I just don't want us wasting his talent. I've said it all along.... we didn't redshirt him because he wanted to play. And now in year 2, he's playing but is limited to 3 carries?

I suspect Holloway is getting chances ahead of Shumphert for the same reasons that SHumpher missed the first game.

Holloway is going to be Perkins lite this year. Clearly Shumphert is a better fit, but Holloway is doing things the right way and Shumpert has had a slip up. It sucks for Shumpert because he could really use the reps right now and he's basically missed two games where he could have gotten some good reps. Hate it for him but I do like the incentive it sets up for everybody.

Johnson85
09-08-2014, 09:03 AM
He fumbled it a total of three times in two years and he lost two of them. But keep saying he had fumbling issues. I mean the rumor was he fumbled in practice some too right? Shit cut his ass. Oh wait. We did. Now he is scoring TDs for Mcneese St. I am sure he will fumble a bunch though right? Stupid to push him out.

I don't think we pushed him out. He was not the number one back in his class, Robinson was. Then he had some fumbles in key situations in limited carries. Maybe it was just flukishly bad luck, but he made costly mistakes when he got his chances. I assumed that he left looking for more playing time. You're the first person I've heard say we pulled his scholarship. Where'd you get that information?

Dawg61
09-08-2014, 09:09 AM
I don't think we pushed him out. He was not the number one back in his class, Robinson was. Then he had some fumbles in key situations in limited carries. Maybe it was just flukishly bad luck, but he made costly mistakes when he got his chances. I assumed that he left looking for more playing time. You're the first person I've heard say we pulled his scholarship. Where'd you get that information?

Where did I say we pulled his scholarship? I said we pushed him out. Because we did.