PDA

View Full Version : 2-0 my take on the game

archdog
09-06-2014, 10:37 PM
1st - fans didn't bring it. It is our responsibilty to bring the atmosphere. I actually heard the fn cheerleaders for the first time in my life today. The atmosphere was dead, and I dont want to hear that it was hot. The players had to do work in that heat. The least we can do is stay in your seat and give them a top knotch atmosphere. At least until we put it away. Then you can leave and get ready for the party. The Greeks need to set the tone. Instead I saw them leaving by the thousands at halftime. When the game was in doubt. Unless you are very old, very young or a fat ass, get a powerade and get your ass back in your seat.
Now for all the old ass people in section 3-5, act like you actually like our football team. Get off your old ass and cheer or go ahead and stop coing to the game so other fans can enjoy your seats. Pathetic.

Alright. We played flat. Our scheme allowed a ton of yards. Safeties, not sure if we even had a safety in the game. Judging by the free running wwrs catching bombs on the skinny post route all day, it didn't look like it. This will not keep me up at night, because Collins will get that cleaned up. Better now than in 2 weeks.

The front seven had a difficult time on containment on running plays. Overall they played pretty good. Both 1 and 2s.

We need to stop this switching out crap on offense. I want Dak to get his, build a lead and then let people get reps. Does it benefit our team when williams gets meaningful reps, yes. Not at the expense of Dak getting his numbers and getting in a flow. I want him to get 35 throws a game to work through his progressions. He needs continuous play. He needs 7tds a game. I want him to blow up the stats. In Dak we Trust. He needs to build up his skill set. Get a lead and then take him out. 7pts was not a lead. 21 would have been.

On D I want Jones and smith on the same side of the line. I don't care if you stunt to get it to happen, but we need something on that line to switch. Too much time to throw the ball.

With all that being said, the game is a learning experience. We need learning experiences that lead to a 14 pt win. I will take 12 more learning experiences. Watch, practice, get better, and prepare to dominate.

Good job to dig deep and get the win. Not worried at all.

CadaverDawg
09-06-2014, 10:43 PM
Good post. I don't think anybody has just come out and said what is on all of our minds, and is a big part of why we're pissed. We want Dak to get his. We've never had a QB with such a ceiling...and we want him to get his stats before we go bringing in our backups. I know that isn't the only thing we're worried about...but let's stop ignoring it.

+1

I seen it dawg
09-06-2014, 11:14 PM
We need Dak to get reps. Stats will come with that but we need him to get all the game reps possible before LSU.

archdog
09-06-2014, 11:29 PM
Exactly. We all want Dak to get some big stats. He may not have been 100%, so I understand switching him out. We just need to let Damian get full reps with the 1a personnel. If Dak goes down, we are not going to do an entire offense substitution.

I would also like to add, Walley looked great and Bear is a man. Hope Jameon knows we are all supporting him through this hard last week. No one has even mentioned on the board how much Jameon and the team had on their minds this last week. Tubby the Hailstate family is with you man.

archdog
09-06-2014, 11:34 PM
Good post. I don't think anybody has just come out and said what is on all of our minds, and is a big part of why we're pissed. We want Dak to get his. We've never had a QB with such a ceiling...and we want him to get his stats before we go bringing in our backups. I know that isn't the only thing we're worried about...but let's stop ignoring it.

+1

Well not knowing about Daks foot injury, no other coach in the NCAA would bench their heisman hopeful with only a 7 pt lead in the game. Let him blow up the stat sheet, then sub. Even then I would rotate only after Dak is gassed. Let Williams come in and run the same exact palyset. Then cycle Prescott back to do the scoring.

aerodawg
09-07-2014, 12:06 AM
1st - fans didn't bring it. It is our responsibilty to bring the atmosphere.

It was loud for the first quarter or so. In fact, it was loud until the second time UAB took the lead. I suspect people got pissed off because we kept running the second team out there. Kind of expected to lose fan interest in a game when your coaching staff clearly treats it like a scrimmage. Think about it, as a typical fan would you want to sit there and cheer hard during "The Maine" v2.0, or look at what the coaches are doing and say 17 it too. Out of the people in that stadium, probably 50% of them have the same passion as most of the people on this board, hence our participation on message boards about Mississippi State Sports.

In a game like that, the cheering feels more like its for not finishing last rather than winning. (If that makes sense)