PDA

View Full Version : re-watch thread..

preachermatt83
09-06-2014, 10:16 PM
first thing I noticed is what a cannon Dak actually does have. That first TD pass was a frozen rope over 40 yards down the field. it had no air under it.

preachermatt83
09-06-2014, 10:25 PM
we almost missed the first xp

preachermatt83
09-06-2014, 10:31 PM
Bennie brown is the real deal

hailmari
09-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Bennie brown is the real deal

He was an absolute steal from the state of Alabama.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 02:01 AM
Double pass that UAB beat us deep on....we had Cleveland, Evans, Redmond back there.

Next pass that got them down inside our 10, was a one on one with Tolando Cleveland.

All of these guys are solid contributors....but with the game in jeopardy early, I want Love, Calhoun, Hughes, and Market/Cox in there. Market had the head injury, but you get my drift.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 02:03 AM
Next big pass play was nothing but Calhoun trying to watch the backfield instead of his man that he had one on one coverage with. He didn't get physical with him at all either. It was probably the easiest TD of that WR's life, and was just poor execution by Calhoun. He would tell you the same I'm sure.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 02:04 AM
Seemed like every time we had a big offensive series come up, it was Damien's "turn". Stupid. Killed our momentum and any rhythm we had

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 02:07 AM
Couch even made a point of saying, "Dan, I understand your wanting to build depth, but you have a Heisman candidate in Dak, put him in there and leave him". Dan said "F yo Couch", and kept rotating them.

http://quedup.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/dave-chappelle-****-yo-couch.gif

justwin
09-07-2014, 02:10 AM
Look for LSU to use this in the gameplan against Taveze

Next big pass play was nothing but Calhoun trying to watch the backfield instead of his man that he had one on one coverage with. He didn't get physical with him at all either. It was probably the easiest TD of that WR's life, and was just poor execution by Calhoun. He would tell you the same I'm sure.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 02:11 AM
We had guys running wide open on several plays offensively. Dak tried to force some things. He had Malcolm wide open on a shorter route in the flat, but tried to force it to DeRunnya and almost got it picked on the drive right after the UAB bomb TD against Calhoun.

But he hit Hill on a nice seam route.

On Robinson's TD run, guess who opened the big hole? Clausell had a great kick out block, and Clayborne sealed off the inside. DeRunnya drove the DB into the endzone and JRob did the rest. Great play.

Oh, and earlier when they blew up the play and stuffed Griffin on the handoff....Beckwith was too slow getting over on the pull. Not sure anybody could have gotten their though...Dak was making it easy to guess the snap count. Gotta do a better job of mixing it up where they can't get as good of a jump.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 02:12 AM
Extra points.....ugh.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 02:14 AM
Oh, on UAB's First FG drive....our DL was Adams, James, PJ, and AJ. Again, not a bad group...but it was 7-0. Too early to have an entire second (or third) team DL in there IMO.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 02:15 AM
Tired, going to bed. Will pick up tomorrow at some point. CD-Out

DudyDawg
09-07-2014, 02:21 AM
What channel

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 04:12 PM
Just started back up. Guys, I think Mullen found something yesterday with Clausell at LT and Clayborne at LG. We had multiple runs in the first half that were created by those two. There is no way Clayborne isn't the starter vs LSU.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 04:15 PM
At the 9:00 mark in the 2nd quarter, when Redmond got beat deep....I keep hearing people say we weren't getting pressure...not entirely true. We rushed 4 under their max protect that play, and Eulls still hit the QB vs a double team on that play. He was playing along side PJ too....which I don't think we see much vs the big boys...that will be CJ and Eulls or CJ and Jones. More poor personnel decisions

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 04:19 PM
And we saw a lot of Holmes. He has played pretty well, but I'm wondering if we see less of him and more of Jackson, Richie, and Harris, when it comes to playing good teams. FYI...Richie did not look too good in coverage of TE's in the passing game. McKinney seems undervalued as a cover guy based on what I've seen so far. But when we have Richie and Holmes in together, we struggle in coverage a little.

Wish we could steal UAB's kicker.

Bully Dee Williams
09-07-2014, 04:22 PM
I know one thing for certain after rewatching parts of this game, our offense would run through a brick wall for Dak. That first unit is nasty when they are together. They buy in 100% to our game plan and they just flat make plays.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 04:23 PM
Malone blocked really well too.

On the back to back QB draws at the 7:30 mark In The 2nd, we ran to the right. The first run we ran behind Malone and he destroyed his man and created a nice run for Dak. The next play we had Senior kick his man inside, and pulled Malone for Dak to run behind, and we picked up like 15 yards. Beckwith is currently our weakest link by far. When Clausell, Clayborne, Day, Malone, and Senior are in there....we're tough looking at the film.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 04:24 PM
And Malcolm, RoJo, and Wilson, are a fierce group of downfield blockers. Especially RoJo.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Yep, at the 6:20 mark, QB draw, huge running room for Dak but Beckwith gets abused by his man who stuffs Dak. He would have picked up 10 plus if Beckwith does his job there.

Hopefully we're just getting Beckwith work.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Great pass protection, and blitz pick up by JRob...Wilson drops pass. That's followed by a HUGE hole opened up by Clausell and Malone for a Dak run for the first down. Damn.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 04:30 PM
I just realized I may have gotten Malone and Clayborne mixed up on a few of these. Malone is working a lot along side Clausell and looking good. Beckwith continues to get abused

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Dak had to throw one away because Senior missed his block. On the Walley TD, Malone pulled and got a great block. That was a good looking play. Walley with the bird man wings after the TD, ha.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 04:39 PM
So I just looked back, and it has been Malone the whole time. No Clayborne in sight. Where is Clayborne? Why is he not playing in place of Beckwith? Our best two OL are Clausell and Malone out of the starting group, with Day being 3rd, Senior 4th, and Beckwith a distant 5th. This is the first time I've focused on the OL for several plays in a row...and Malone is a beast.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 04:42 PM
4:58 mark. We line up Adams, Eulls, CJ, and AJ....blitz BMac, and CJ absolutely destroys the QB. Just crushes him as he's forced to get rid of it and throw it away. What a lick. It's a shame, we haven't been able to see CJ play along side the starters as much yet...but that is probably going to be a little wrinkle we break out for LSU. If we're getting this much pressure without playing our best 4 together....I can't wait to see Smith, CJ, Eulls, and Ryan Brown out there together.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 04:44 PM
I'm super impressed with Benny brown's development. I definitely didn't think he would be a locked in starter in our LB corp by late in his freshman year....but he has put in the work and is solid. He made a nice open field tackle in the flats in pass protection around the 4:20 mark

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 04:48 PM
When Dak almost threw the pick at the 2:45 mark, he did the look left, throw right thing, where he throws it regardless of coverage. I hate that. He can't do that or it will be a pick 6 vs LSU. Besides, he had RoJo wide the hell open over the middle. Tried to force it to Fred Brown and it was almost a pick 6

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 04:50 PM
And the very next play he threw a terrible pass behind Gabe Myles. It looked like Dak had, yet again, made up his mind before the snap that he was going to Gabe with it. Had Fred Brown and Ashton Shumpert open to the left of Myles.

These are the things Dak has to work on. He is still trying to choose his WR before the snap.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-07-2014, 07:45 PM
Clayborn didn't play yday his grandmother passed. Desper was the swing guard yday.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Clayborn didn't play yday his grandmother passed. Desper was the swing guard yday.

Yea, I was confusing Malone with Clayborne. Malone looked stout. I hope we get Clayborne back and replace Beckwith as a starter. Hate that Clayborne lost his grandma

Ifyouonlyknew
09-07-2014, 07:52 PM
Yea Malone has been at LG both games. Beckwith has been at RG. Beckwith graded out top OL last week. I haven't gotten a chance to re watch the whole game yet for this week but I trust your observations.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-07-2014, 07:54 PM
Also concerning the DL there was a drive or 2 where we had Smith, Jones, James, & Brown in. I think we'll start to see more of that lineup as the year goes on.

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-07-2014, 07:59 PM
Ill admit I was wrong about bennie brown. Never thought he would contribute.

Loved seeing nick james stop that 4th down play. Effort.

DudyDawg
09-07-2014, 08:07 PM
Nick impressed me the view times I paid close attention to him. I saw one play where they double teamed him and he didn't move back an inch. It was like two lineman pushing a wall. It caused the back to bounce it and I think we tackled him for a loss. His size and effort can make him effective even if he doesn't play that much

HoopsDawg
09-07-2014, 08:10 PM
Nick impressed me the view times I paid close attention to him. I saw one play where they double teamed him and he didn't move back an inch. It was like two lineman pushing a wall. It caused the back to bounce it and I think we tackled him for a loss. His size and effort can make him effective even if he doesn't play that much

He would be a good NG in a 3-4.

maroonmania
09-07-2014, 09:28 PM
Wish we could steal UAB's kicker.

If we did we would just screw him up.

Homedawg
09-07-2014, 10:02 PM
We had guys running wide open on several plays offensively. Dak tried to force some things. He had Malcolm wide open on a shorter route in the flat, but tried to force it to DeRunnya and almost got it picked on the drive right after the UAB bomb TD against Calhoun.

But he hit Hill on a nice seam route.

On Robinson's TD run, guess who opened the big hole? Clausell had a great kick out block, and Clayborne sealed off the inside. DeRunnya drove the DB into the endzone and JRob did the rest. Great play.

Oh, and earlier when they blew up the play and stuffed Griffin on the handoff....Beckwith was too slow getting over on the pull. Not sure anybody could have gotten their though...Dak was making it easy to guess the snap count. Gotta do a better job of mixing it up where they can't get as good of a jump.

Not sure what block you are referring to w Clayborne on the td run, because he wasn't even in the game. Malone was at LG

CadaverDawg
09-07-2014, 10:05 PM
Not sure what block you are referring to w Clayborne on the td run, because he wasn't even in the game. Malone was at LG

Yea, we established that. I was confusing Malone with Clayborne. Malone looked great yesterday