PDA

View Full Version : This Regional Projection backs up what I heard Monday

Coach34
05-23-2013, 11:58 AM
on where we stand...State, NC State, UCLA, Louisville all battling for spots just out of the top 8

http://www.collegebaseballnation.net/2013/05/cbn-regional-projection-23.html

The Croom Diaries
05-23-2013, 12:10 PM
If we win the SEC Tourney by beating SC, A&M, Vandy and LSU then we have a great shot. Oregon is playing Utah who sucks this weekend so their RPI can only go down plus they are only 6-10 vs. the top 50. Florida State lost to GA Tech already in the ACC Tourney, if they have poor showing they could move down from 6th in RPI, and they are only 14-13 vs. top 50 currently. I really think we have an excellent shot at a national seed if we win the SECT.

bulldogcountry1
05-23-2013, 12:41 PM
That's a tough regional. Two other 40-game winners and an in-state rival?

gravedigger
05-23-2013, 01:16 PM
So according to that, if all top seeds won their regionals, we'd play LSU in Baton rouge and USCe would play Vandy.

But, however many 2-4 seeds win their tournament, the lowest would play the highest national seed to win. Vandy would get the lowest seed to win their regional, LSU would get the next lowest, etc.

Or do they try to regionalize the super regions too?

The Croom Diaries
05-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Or do they try to regionalize the super regions too?

Pretty much. There is no snake format like in the basketball tournament. If we are #14 overall it doesn't mean we'll be matched up opposite #3, we may get #1, #5, #8, etc.

Coach34
05-23-2013, 01:29 PM
So according to that, if all top seeds won their regionals, we'd play LSU in Baton rouge and USCe would play Vandy.

No we are matched with the Fla State Regional in that one

Vandy- Indiana
NC- SC
LSU- Clemson
Virginia- Louisville
Oregon St- Kansas St
UCLA-Fullerton
Oregon- NC State

Coach34
05-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Pretty much. There is no snake format like in the basketball tournament. If we are #14 overall it doesn't mean we'll be matched up opposite #3, we may get #1, #5, #8, etc.

but they are not going to put the #9 or #10 team in a match-up with the #1 or #2 seed- they dont move teams more than a spot or so to induce match-ups

The Croom Diaries
05-23-2013, 02:27 PM
but they are not going to put the #9 or #10 team in a match-up with the #1 or #2 seed- they dont move teams more than a spot or so to induce match-ups

They will come up with some BS ranking to do what they want. If they want to create a Super Regional of MSU vs. LSU they will slot LSU down to #7 or 8 so they can justify it when really they should be #3 or 4.

engie
05-23-2013, 02:59 PM
They will come up with some BS ranking to do what they want. If they want to create a Super Regional of MSU vs. LSU they will slot LSU down to #7 or 8 so they can justify it when really they should be #3 or 4.

Against college baseball rules. Host teams can not be matched with a national seed from the same conference in Super Regionals.

The way you see SEC teams constantly matched up in super regionals happens because a road SEC team won a regional elsewhere as an "underdog"...

The Croom Diaries
05-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Against college baseball rules. Host teams can not be matched with a national seed from the same conference in Super Regionals.

Didn't know that. I figured all bets were off after Regionals in favor of getting matchups of close proximity. I'm sure they'll throw Arkansas or Ole Miss as the #2 in the Regional across from us.

engie
05-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Didn't know that. I figured all bets were off after Regionals in favor of getting matchups of close proximity. I'm sure they'll throw Arkansas or Ole Miss as the #2 in the Regional across from us.

That, they just might do...

Coach34
05-23-2013, 03:49 PM
That, they just might do...

I'd love that. A Super in Starkville for a berth to the CWS?

Todd4State
05-23-2013, 05:10 PM
I can't see the committee putting together a regional where we played every team in the regional during the regular season.