PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else going to re-watch the game late tonight?

CadaverDawg
09-06-2014, 09:05 PM
I always watch each game 2 or 3 times looking for different things (I'm weird like that). But one thing I noticed that was commented on in the game thread, but not since then....Nick James. James played with a little fire under his ass today. I was so proud seeing him not quit when he was being held, and continue to truck down that QB and take him down on 4th down late in the game. Let's not forget, James is a Sophomore.

And I know we had moments of little push by the DL, but we also had several plays where Preston, Eulls, CJ, and especially BMac and Benny B were in the backfield.

I'm wanting to watch for where our safeties were on the long TD's. Can someone explain why we were playing their WR's one on one? I know they ran it well last week, but were we that afraid of their run game, or was it a test from Collins to see if we could lock up and load the box? I was just really surprised that we allowed them to burn us on multiple long TD's without a safety in sight.

The reason I'm asking the defensive question, is because IMO, Collins tends to lean more towards not giving up the big play typically in the past. Seems like he is far more comfortable with his corners guessing deep and being beaten on an out route, than to allow a WR behind them. So it got me wondering if we were just seeing what we had in our corners in terms of lock down ability. But I may be way off.

Thoughts?

starkvegasdawg
09-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Am I watching again? Oh hay-uh-al no.

CadaverDawg
09-06-2014, 09:27 PM
Am I watching again? Oh hay-uh-al no.

Ha, I'm a glutten for punishment. I always re-watch the games, even if we get killed.

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2014, 09:36 PM
I'm not sure what I'd learn from watching it again. It would just make me more furious.

BeardoMSU
09-06-2014, 09:37 PM
What time and what channel will it be on?

ScoobaDawg
09-06-2014, 09:37 PM
Hell no. deleted it from the DVR second the live game finished. I have no interested in watching that 1st half again.

CadaverDawg
09-06-2014, 09:41 PM
What time and what channel will it be on?

DVR. I'm deep into the Bourb, so I may end up watching it tomorrow, or it might look like I have it on split screen if I decide to watch it tonight.

preachermatt83
09-06-2014, 10:07 PM
man that aint weird. I watch every game 3-4 times atleast.