PDA

View Full Version : Injuries

Vandelay Industries
09-06-2014, 07:05 PM
I missed the game today, were there any major injuries?

CadaverDawg
09-06-2014, 07:06 PM
Cox looked like he hurt a hammy, and Calhoun got hurt but returned. Not sure about any others.

Coach34
09-06-2014, 07:07 PM
Cox either:

had a severe cramp in his Hammy- and will be sore but back next week
pulled his hammy and is out 3-4 weeks
or tore his hammy and is done for the season

DudyDawg
09-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Looked like Market took a knee in the head on that special teams tackle. Walked right to the locker room. Looked like a clear concussion (I think it was Kendrick Market, but not positive). Someone in the 20s got their bell rung making a kickoff tackle

CadaverDawg
09-06-2014, 07:11 PM
Looked like Market took a knee in the head on that special teams tackle. Walked right to the locker room. Looked like a clear concussion (I think it was Kendrick Market, but not positive). Someone in the 20s got their bell rung making a kickoff tackle

Yep, it was Market. Forgot about that. Took a knee to the head and it had to be a concussion.

DudyDawg
09-06-2014, 07:15 PM
Yep, it was Market. Forgot about that. Took a knee to the head and it had to be a concussion.

Thought it was. That's a big loss IMO. He's a hell of a tackler as a safety on ST and when he spells Hughes/cox. He walked off with those drunk legs you see with a concussion. Hope it was a small one and they were just being safe.

jalakin
09-06-2014, 07:25 PM
I think market gashed his head too bc my wife said she saw blood

Maroon Diapers
09-06-2014, 07:29 PM
I'm real worried about cox. He laid face down on the table on the sidelines for several minutes before sitting up to get ice wrapped. The medical staff never did stretch him out like you typically do for a cramp.

CadaverDawg
09-06-2014, 07:30 PM
I'm real worried about cox. He laid face down on the table on the sidelines for several minutes before sitting up to get ice wrapped. The medical staff never did stretch him out like you typically do for a cramp.

I think we'll find out he's done for the year. I thought it as soon as I saw that he couldn't put weight on his leg and had to be carried off. Is it too late to get a med redshirt if so?

mstatefan91
09-06-2014, 07:34 PM
I think we'll find out he's done for the year. I thought it as soon as I saw that he couldn't put weight on his leg and had to be carried off. Is it too late to get a med redshirt if so?

Doubt he's done for the year. Unless he completely tore the hamstring that is...

CadaverDawg
09-06-2014, 07:35 PM
Doubt he's done for the year. Unless he completely tore the hamstring that is...

Well, even a severely pulled hamstring is REALLY tough to completely heal during a season for a guy playing in the secondary. I think he tore it.

mstatefan91
09-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Well, even a severely pulled hamstring is REALLY tough to completely heal during a season for a guy playing in the secondary. I think he tore it.

True. If it is a pretty severe strain then it could still take up to 3 months to completely heal.

godlluB
09-06-2014, 07:55 PM

They said on the radio that he had a gash on the side of his head, but John Carrero seemed to imply that it didn't look like a concussion.

defiantdog
09-06-2014, 08:03 PM
True. If it is a pretty severe strain then it could still take up to 3 months to completely heal.

And we probably won't find out until Saturday before the game next week.