PDA

View Full Version : So Dak's stats...

CadaverDawg
09-06-2014, 06:34 PM
Does that make him 30-51, for roughly 500 yards, and 8 TD's on the year? To go with 130-ish yards rushing and a TD?

Against 3 INT's?

Not too bad.

Need to clean up the interceptions, but his stats still look good despite an ugly game overall today by the Dawgs.

UMCDawg16
09-06-2014, 06:37 PM
He has 2 INTs.

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2014, 06:37 PM
2 INTs right?

GreenheadDawg
09-06-2014, 06:38 PM
We will see how he does against SEC defenses.. After today I'm just disgusted. Not with Dak but with ******* hard-headed ass. Put your best players on the ****ing field and let them play. We looked really bad today. Our DBs should be embarrassed

CadaverDawg
2 INTs right?

Oh, I thought he threw 2 today, but you're right...just 1

missouridawg
His 12 for 25 today was a little disappointing, but he does have 9 TDs in the season and thats sharing some snaps, as well as not running any in our first game

DudyDawg
09-06-2014, 06:44 PM
We will see how he does against SEC defenses.. After today I'm just disgusted. Not with Dak but with ******* hard-headed ass. Put your best players on the ****ing field and let them play. We looked really bad today. Our DBs should be embarrassed

Yeah, I agree. His pick today was bad, yet I didn't blame him too much. How can you expect him to be good when he's sitting 30 minutes between his series. No rhythm doing that. Can't blame him that much. Consistently getting cold isn't good. First drive was great, wish he woulda stayed in to keep that mojo going. Dan micro managed too much today IMO

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2014, 07:12 PM
Dak isn't a finished product and is still developing his passing ability.

He is never going to have Bo Wallace's completion percentage because we throw the ball down the field an awful lot and Bo throws bubble screens and quick short. We can do that because we run the ball far better than Ole Miss. Ole Miss uses short passes as their running game, and thus Wallace has a good completion percentage when he is a below avg passer.

Dak is a powerful runner that is growing as a passer. As long as he hits the open plays down the field and limits mistakes, I could care less what his completion percentage is.

MarketingBully01
09-06-2014, 07:28 PM
His 12 for 25 today was a little disappointing, but he does have 9 TDs in the season and thats sharing some snaps, as well as not running any in our first game

In all honesty, he couldn't get rhythm early and to me that affected his completion percentage.

hailmari
09-06-2014, 07:34 PM
I believe he was really trying to get Tubby a TD (considering the week he had) and ended up forcing a floater. He had somebody open around the five yard line if I saw it right.

IMissJack
09-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Dak seems to be best at throwing when he steps straight into the pass in the middle of the field, rather than floating anything.

mstatefan91
09-06-2014, 07:37 PM
I believe he was really trying to get Tubby a TD (considering the week he had) and ended up forcing a floater. He had somebody open around the five yard line if I saw it right.

This is what I thought after the INT as well.

Dak was not the problem today in any way. Today was on the defense and game plan.

CadaverDawg
09-06-2014, 07:38 PM
In the past (Russell) , I feel like our QB's had trouble throwing the deep ball because they were throwing it too far in fear of an INT. But now, I feel like Dak and Damien have trouble due to under throwing the deep ball because they have such big WR's. IMO, the two throws Dak needs to work on, are the deep ball, and most importantly, the Endzone jump ball. We should try to perfect that jump ball and let Wilson go up and get it.

CadaverDawg
09-06-2014, 07:40 PM
This is what I thought after the INT as well.

Dak was not the problem today in any way. Today was on the defense and game plan.

Totally agree. I just hate that Dan screwed with our momentum and rhythm early. Dak could have had a monumental day if we let him roll with the first team O for every series in the first half.

preachermatt83
09-06-2014, 07:41 PM
we threw the ball 20+ yards a ton today which I like seeing. That explains the lower pct of completions too.

starkvegasdawg
09-06-2014, 07:42 PM
I'm already catching hell from bears making fun of Dak. Told him he led nation in td's and of course he said that didn't impress him. Said he should be playing high schools. Told him he would at thanksgiving.

CadaverDawg
09-06-2014, 07:45 PM
I'm already catching hell from bears making fun of Dak. Told him he led nation in td's and of course he said that didn't impress him. Said he should be playing high schools. Told him he would at thanksgiving.

Ignore em. He's got 4 more passing and 1 more rushing TD than Bo Dirt. And less INT's. They can't really say shit about Dak.

Dallas_Dawg
09-06-2014, 08:21 PM
I love Mullen but he is arrogant enough to try and treat these first games like NFL preseason games and play everybody on the team. The dumb ass has glossed over one tiny detail which is rhythm. Which is why NO NFL coach swaps out entire 11s after one or two series and then goes back to the starters. You let your starters play and after you are satisfied with the score, then you call the 2nd team to trot out there.
You never see NFL teams switch complete units during a preseason game. Mullen needs to quit trying to be ****ing cute and go punch teams in the damn throat.

Treemydawg
09-06-2014, 08:51 PM
Totally agree. I just hate that Dan screwed with our momentum and rhythm early. Dak could have had a monumental day if we let him roll with the first team O for every series in the first half. This is just hilarious that I made a post similar to this just a few days ago and got blasted on here for it. If Dan doesn't stop rotating qb's and let Dak run the offense and get in a rhythm we are in for a long season. There is no reason for rotating him in and out of the game plain and simple. He is our qb, a leader on the field, and everyone seems to play with a little more effort when he is on the field. Leave him in the game for Christ sake and let him have the reps he needs to become a better qb. God forsake he gets hurt and goes down we will just have to cross that bridge with Williams when we get there. He can still get meaningful reps after the game is in hand.