PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Mullen says kicking is not a problem!!!

TrapGame
09-06-2014, 05:30 PM
I shit you not.

Said Sobes was kicking 50 yarders thru the uprights pre-game and is waiting for it to all click for his kickers in game.

CadaverDawg
09-06-2014, 05:33 PM
If true, Dan is the problem.

SDDawg
09-06-2014, 05:33 PM
What is he supposed to say? Both of my kickers suck and they're fired? You don't understand the kicking game if you do that.

The kicking is not good, he knows it. I believe the staff thought they'd solved it with McGrath and he didn't execute well and didn't fit in. No excuses, but we are clearly carrying this issue forward.

IMissJack
09-06-2014, 05:34 PM
I shit you not.

Said Sobes was kicking 50 yarders thru the uprights pre-game and is waiting for it to all click for his kickers in game.

I think we are all waiting for this....

BulldogBear
09-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Maybe he means it was a problem with snapping and/or holding.

TrapGame
09-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Mullen said their FG % in practice is fantastic but everybody wonders why it's not translating to game day.

CadaverDawg
09-06-2014, 05:37 PM
If Sobieski was drilling 50 yarders pregame, why we're we going for it when inside the 30?

TrapGame
09-06-2014, 05:38 PM
If Sobieski was drilling 50 yarders pregame, why we're we going for it when inside the 30?

Good question. I think Dan's blowing some smoke.

ckDOG
09-06-2014, 05:39 PM
Ability isn't the problem. Kicking is a mental game. We have mental midgets. Tell them to nut up or GTFO. This coddling isn't putting the ball through the uprights when they count for points.

preachermatt83
09-06-2014, 05:40 PM
well then he is dumber than I thought

Todd4State
09-06-2014, 05:40 PM
What is he supposed to say? Both of my kickers suck and they're fired? You don't understand the kicking game if you do that.

The kicking is not good, he knows it. I believe the staff thought they'd solved it with McGrath and he didn't execute well and didn't fit in. No excuses, but we are clearly carrying this issue forward.

I'd rather hear something like- we're going to address that this week.

I'm not all that surprised that we are struggling with kicking. I just have to wonder at what point do we go back to Bell- who IMO is actually better than Sobiesk and Graves- or go with someone else. I thought we had a walk-on kicker from Tupelo?

Todd4State
09-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Maybe he means it was a problem with snapping and/or holding.

I did notice that Bell seemed to have an issue getting the laces out.

Insert Ace Ventura references here.

UMCDawg16
09-06-2014, 05:43 PM

THIS THIS THIS

starkvegasdawg
09-06-2014, 05:43 PM
I shit you not.

And I took the leaked Kate Upton pics.

IMissJack
09-06-2014, 05:44 PM
Can you imagine the calls after the game today if Mullen took calls like Sherrill used to?

Smitty
09-06-2014, 05:47 PM
Dan doesn't throw players under the bus like the good reverend.

blacklistedbully
09-06-2014, 05:48 PM
Gentlemen, it is called, "CHOKING". Both our kickers are chokers. It's that simple. I have played with and against guys that are chokers. They can look like All-Stars in practice, and coaches will let themselves believe they have to get that "awesome talent" on the field. But when it matters, the ONLY thing you can count on from those losers is that they will choke, time-after-time-after-time.

Sobiesk - CHOKER!
Evans - CHOKER!

End of story.