PDA

View Full Version : Everybody get ready...

CadaverDawg
09-06-2014, 04:52 PM
The Ole Miss hype machine will be in full force after today. Now there is only one team in MS viewed as a potential contender. I said it after Bowling Green and Kentucky, and I'll say it again... Until we stop doing shit like we did today, everybody needs to STFU about media bias, or OM getting all the pub, etc. we don't deserve any of that shit, because of shit shows like today.

I'm glad we won, and this is not a bashing of our game. It is simply pointing out to all of us that the reason we don't get hype and media love, is because we don't produce style points. If we leave Dak in there today and play our starters on both sides for the first half....we blow that team out by 30+ and the media is drooling over us and Prescott. But instead, we get cute, get injured, and look like we struggled against a turd....so be prepared to be treated like a turd.

OM will step on Vandy's throat, and the drooling will begin and give them the confidence to beat Bama on their home field in a few weeks. We are, and will always be, our own worst enemy. And it blows my mind.

The only way to gain respect now is to beat LSU. But until then, don't expect any love.

But we're 2-0, so Hail State

SDDawg
09-06-2014, 04:54 PM
So OM is going to lie again?! Shocking.

Seriously, Vandy couldn't hang with UAB. Not even close. Ole Miss is shutting them out so far, we'll see if they F it up in the second half. Hugh Freeze is so damned stupid he'll probably start to talk about the Bama game at half-time.

The Bulldogs need to play the 1As consistently and we would have won today by 5 TDs. Our defense was inexcusable, time for Collins to earn that raise this week and learn from this beatdown.

cheewgumm
09-06-2014, 04:56 PM
Also don't
Bitch about not being ranked.

Dawgface
We deserve no respect. Hell, USA will think they can beat us.

cheewgumm
Does Chris jones go to first team when we play SEC?

CadaverDawg
09-06-2014, 04:58 PM
Does Chris jones go to first team when we play SEC?

He's been first team. 1B, remember. Our whole team is on the 1A-1F teams. There is no second team, and they all get trophies after each series. It's horseshit and it's going to get us beat if we're not careful

Saltydog
09-06-2014, 05:00 PM
said is true. There's only one way to get respect and that's to earn it. We didn't earn shit today and that's our fault. Dan needs to quit being so damn cute and let our starters play. He can sit here and call it 1A and 1B all he wants but there's a reason they are second string.

shoeless joe
09-06-2014, 05:03 PM
While I agree for the most part this game did nothing to lower the "dak hype" which in turn will still help us as far as the media goes. He did what he does...get yardage and score TDs. And who gives a flip who gets the hype rite now??? In a month we'll know a lot more and what has happened this week won't matter.

Also, UAB got almost 300 yards of offense on 4 plays. That needs to be fixed but it also needs to be put into perspective. Mullen about screwed us with his plan in first half but once dak stayed in the game was never in question We scored a lot, we're 2-0 (with things to fix), and there is a long way to go this year.

Bothrops
09-06-2014, 05:03 PM
USM would beat Vandy

CadaverDawg
09-06-2014, 05:06 PM
While I agree for the most part this game did nothing to lower the "dak hype" which in turn will still help us as far as the media goes. He did what he does...get yardage and score TDs. And who gives a flip who gets the hype rite now??? In a month we'll know a lot more and what has happened this week won't matter.

Also, UAB got almost 300 yards of offense on 4 plays. That needs to be fixed but it also needs to be put into perspective. Mullen about screwed us with his plan in first half but once dak stayed in the game was never in question We scored a lot, we're 2-0 (with things to fix), and there is a long way to go this year.

Many care about hype....have you not seen the thousands of threads about the media disrespecting us or loving OM? Oh, and recruits love hype too. These shitty performances hurt us whether people want to admit it or not. At least it wasn't a boring game though, it had lots of scoring. I will say that it was better than Bowling Green and Kentucky in that regard. We were never really in jeopardy of losing.

thunderclap
09-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Played that easy early schedule, didn't establish a killer mentality, wouldn't put his foot on the gas, and when it came time to really play we weren't ready. I had hoped he had learned, but he hasn't. Maybe today will do it, but who knows?

Todd4State
09-06-2014, 05:08 PM
Many care about hype....have you not seen the thousands of threads about the media disrespecting us or loving OM? Oh, and recruits love hype too. These shitty performances hurt us whether people want to admit it or not. At least it wasn't a boring game though, it had lots of scoring. I will say that it was better than Bowling Green and Kentucky in that regard. We were never really in jeopardy of losing.

Bowling Green and UK were both closer than our game today.

Todd4State
09-06-2014, 05:08 PM
Played that easy early schedule, didn't establish a killer mentality, wouldn't put his foot on the gas, and when it came time to really play we weren't ready. I had hoped he had learned, but he hasn't. Maybe today will do it, but who knows?

I think a lot of that had to do with Chris Wilson.

SDDawg
09-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Two things can both be true: first, we were poorly coached and underperformed today, particularly in our secondary. Second, Ole Miss is overrated and is a shitty football team. One is correctable and the other is not. MARK IT DOWN.

CadaverDawg

Exactly. That is one of the reasons I'm frustrated. Does anyone remember in 2012 when we said "Mullen is just being vanilla, we won't play these schemes against real competition", and then when real competition showed up we played the same way and got our teeth kicked in? I remember it, and I'm scared that performances like today will be deemed acceptable and we will do the same things against good teams. We have the talent to have one of the most special years in MSU history...I just don't want us to piss that chance away because we want to be cute and be two or three deep at every position including QB. In case nobody's noticed, Dak is not a finished product....he needs work. So quit screwing with the QB position, and let Dak get a lot of work with the first team offense and playmakers.

CadaverDawg
Bowling Green and UK were both closer than our game today.

That's what I was saying.

BulldogBear
09-06-2014, 05:14 PM
The Ole Miss hype machine will be in full force after today. Now there is only one team in MS viewed as a potential contender. I said it after Bowling Green and Kentucky, and I'll say it again... Until we stop doing shit like we did today, everybody needs to STFU about media bias, or OM getting all the pub, etc. we don't deserve any of that shit, because of shit shows like today.

I'm glad we won, and this is not a bashing of our game. It is simply pointing out to all of us that the reason we don't get hype and media love, is because we don't produce style points. If we leave Dak in there today and play our starters on both sides for the first half....we blow that team out by 30+ and the media is drooling over us and Prescott. But instead, we get cute, get injured, and look like we struggled against a turd....so be prepared to be treated like a turd.

OM will step on Vandy's throat, and the drooling will begin and give them the confidence to beat Bama on their home field in a few weeks. We are, and will always be, our own worst enemy. And it blows my mind.

The only way to gain respect now is to beat LSU. But until then, don't expect any love.

But we're 2-0, so Hail State

Yep, this week, at least, we earned the snickers behind our back that we usually get. We were truly "cute" today.

shoeless joe
09-06-2014, 05:14 PM

Which is why I pointed out that the hype for dak won't go down...that is a positive for us. My point was that hype now isn't as important as hype by November. Let them have their fun now.

Again, I do agree that if we had done what we should we would be in better shape in the mind of many more.

BulldogBear
09-06-2014, 05:16 PM
I'm still looking for a good year and even 9 wins, but the talk of championship possibility just got beat out of me. When has an SEC champion won a game like this 47-34 and given up 500+ yards with 25,000 yards per reception average for the opponent?

CadaverDawg
09-06-2014, 05:16 PM
Which is why I pointed out that the hype for dak won't go down...that is a positive for us. My point was that hype now isn't as important as hype by November. Let them have their fun now.

Again, I do agree that if we had done what we should we would be in better shape in the mind of many more.

Yea, I agree with you about Dak

Saltydog
09-06-2014, 05:22 PM
Do I think they are no.15 in the country, hell no but they are NOT a shitty football team.

IMissJack
09-06-2014, 05:29 PM
As long as we still play each other in Nov. talk is cheap...

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2014, 05:44 PM
I agree Cadaver, we hurt ourselves when it comes to hype. Ole Miss is destroying an awful Vandy team today and stepping on their throat. We don't do that because we get cute and it's asinine. Building depth has become a greater priority than the starters playing well, and I think that's out of whack.

Dak isn't a finished product and needs to play. Our first team offense must find an identity and rhythm. I felt like we began to find an identity today, due to circumstances, but that wasn't Dan's plan. Dan really lacks feel for the flow of a game. He's a good program runner and Xs and Os guy but lacks feel for the flow of football.

IMissJack
09-06-2014, 05:47 PM
You can still get depth by letting the first team get up by 21 then putting in 1B. That is what I don't like about Dan's system of substitution.

CadaverDawg
09-06-2014, 05:48 PM
I agree Cadaver, we hurt ourselves when it comes to hype. Ole Miss is destroying an awful Vandy team today and stepping on their throat. We don't do that because we get cute and it's asinine. Building depth has become a greater priority than the starters playing well, and I think that's out of whack.

Dak isn't a finished product and needs to play. Our first team offense must find an identity and rhythm. I felt like we began to find an identity today, due to circumstances, but that wasn't Dan's plan. Dan really lacks feel for the flow of a game. He's a good program runner and Xs and Os guy but lacks feel for the flow of football.

+1

SDDawg
09-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Do I think they are no.15 in the country, hell no but they are NOT a shitty football team.

They have played worse competition than we have so far and they'll have the same record at the end of the day. They're completely untested. No asterisks, saracasterics, or anything else required.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty0u4gqQNuI

CadaverDawg
09-06-2014, 05:50 PM
You can still get depth by letting the first team get up by 21 then putting in 1B. That is what I don't like about Dan's system of substitution.

Or here's a thought....just sub a few of the 1B's in at a time, instead of making an entire line shift. You take a drastic step down when you go from the entire 1st team to the entire 2nd team. Yes, we're talented two deep, but our 1sts are our 1sts for a reason.

CadaverDawg
09-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Randy, you're looking foolish calling OM out today. Just stop. Seriously.

TopDog58
09-06-2014, 05:54 PM
We will beat Mississippi by two TDs. Not worried about them AT ALL.

Alldawg
09-06-2014, 05:55 PM

JScottDova
09-06-2014, 06:00 PM
The worst part is that this is the only SEC vs SEC matchup. Guess what we will be hearing about for the next 48-72 hours? I'm going to go out on a limb and say don't turn on the SEC Network until about Wednesday.

SDDawg
09-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Randy, you're looking foolish calling OM out today. Just stop. Seriously.

Dude, drop the hammer if you need to. They're playing the worst team we've seen in our conference for years. Why should we tolerate our own fans saying how good they are?!? I will never understand that about State fans, just sick of the bullshit. This will be the last post, ban or no.

17 Freeze!

CadaverDawg
09-06-2014, 06:02 PM
Dude, drop the hammer if you need to. They're playing the worst team we've seen in our conference for years. Why should we tolerate our own fans saying how good they are?!? I will never understand that about State fans, just sick of the bullshit. This will be the last post, ban or no.

17 Freeze!

Umm...we're not. You started a thread about how bad they are. Just tone that shit down, it makes you look stupid on a day where they're waxing a team and we struggled.

defiantdog
09-06-2014, 06:02 PM
Who cares about OM.... They're playing a Vandy team who would lose to USM and they beat a Boise team who would lose to UAB. Vanderbilt will not win a game this year. But at least OM is keeping the starters rolling and letting them get experience. I just wish we'd actually play the game first, then get cute.

But we'll find out how good we are when we play LSU and OM will find out how good they are when they play Bama. Until then, it's like Coach said.... Scrimmages. We just gotta make sure we don't lose our shit again next week.

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2014, 06:06 PM
Vandy is probably worse than any of Crooms teams. I don't think Ole Miss is very good either, but, after our performance today, we should probably just worry about ourselves. We have no room to talk right now.

I mean, can you imagine what A&M will do to us if we can't get our secondary ironed out? I almost glad today happened against a team we were much better than. Now we can fix our holes and be ready for the teams that can beat us.

SDDawg
09-06-2014, 06:15 PM
I just wish we'd actually play the game first, then get cute.

Good point.