PDA

View Full Version : Wow, really students?

TopDog58
09-06-2014, 03:14 PM
That is pathetic. Nice shot of an empty endzone coming out of HALFTIME.

msstate7
09-06-2014, 03:18 PM
We should have a contest where after the 1st TD in the 4th quarter a student is selected to kick the extra point. It's a win-win. We keep students in the stands and we may make an extra point

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-06-2014, 03:19 PM
I swear...those little ****s have no idea how bad it can be. Please tell me we haven't gotten to the point where we're more worried about winning the party than winning the game....piss poor.

HancockCountyDog

I've never seen anything like it at any SEC school.

MS_half-step
Get over yourself

Maroonthirteen
09-06-2014, 03:23 PM
This game is close. Do young people not care about sports any longer? Is drinking and staring at your phone in optimal comfort more important?

Pricks

DoctorDawg
09-06-2014, 03:32 PM
It looks like its time to put some type of stipulations on student tickets. I dont know what or how, but they make us look horrible. I remember some of the miserable weather conditions we sat through when the Kang was there. And we have a better team and facilities now.

TopDog58
09-06-2014, 03:35 PM
17 u ass wipe. Get off your ugly ass bitch and get back to the stadium.

TopDog58
09-06-2014, 03:37 PM
It looks like its time to put some type of stipulations on student tickets. I dont know what or how, but they make us look horrible. I remember some of the miserable weather conditions we sat through when the Kang was there. And we have a better team and facilities now. was it 93 or 94c, I remember sitting in the cold ass rain watching us get our asses beat by Kentucky. These 17n students have it soooo tough nowadays.

Park duck
09-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Ol lady says student ID'S should be scanned in and out. You leave before the 4th so many times and your ass gets put on the back burner tickets wise.

Gordon Gekko
09-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Dan treated the game like a scrimmage, why shouldn't the students?

DoctorDawg
09-06-2014, 03:57 PM
Sounds good. Make seats assigned like the rest of the stadium. Leave early and lose seating priority.

rcsteph1
09-06-2014, 04:07 PM
Ol lady says student ID'S should be scanned in and out. You leave before the 4th so many times and your ass gets put on the back burner tickets wise.

Good Idea but impossible to Police. They can just go out of the stadium at any gate..

It_Could_Happen
09-06-2014, 04:16 PM
You people are out of control. I'm a damn student and I left in the 3rd because because I almost passed out from a damn heat stroke. Get a life and quit worrying about what a damn 19 year old kid is doing.

Park duck
09-06-2014, 04:18 PM
You people are out of control. I'm a damn student and I left in the 3rd because because I almost passed out from a damn heat stroke. Get a life and quit worrying about what a damn 19 year old kid is doing.

Sorry mama raised a *****

ckDOG
09-06-2014, 04:19 PM

This thread is pathetic. 1) Unless the students occupy 75% of the stadium, you can't say shit about them. 2) it's hot as balls 3) shitty opponent and 4) we look like arse.

Bitch about Dan or getting burned by the deep ball.

civildawg
09-06-2014, 04:23 PM
All you people bitching about the fans at the game:

First, are you actually at the game?
Second, it is hot as hell out there.
Third, why would you stay to watch this crappy team and game plan?

civildawg
09-06-2014, 04:24 PM
Wow we had the same idea ckdog

TopDog58
09-06-2014, 04:25 PM
I was outside for the same amount of time watching girls soccer. Don't have tix. Sorry that you are a big bitch ass P U S S Y

DoctorDawg
09-06-2014, 04:26 PM
What is pathetic is a 19 year old about to pass out from heat, and the stadium is full of people twice his age who can handle it.

TopDog58
09-06-2014, 04:27 PM
Dear MSU ticket office. Prepare for empty seats.
Our fans are whiny ass bitches.

DoctorDawg
09-06-2014, 04:27 PM
Yes,Yes it is, State fans

DoctorDawg
09-06-2014, 04:30 PM
Wear some thinner panties to the game suzy. Your ass us gonna sweat cause its hot.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-06-2014, 04:33 PM
What about the upper decks being more than half empty at kickoff? At least the students showed up for some of the game.

TrueMaroon
09-06-2014, 04:34 PM
What is pathetic is a 19 year old about to pass out from heat, and the stadium is full of people twice his age who can handle it.

This^^^^^

MS_half-step
09-06-2014, 04:44 PM
The guy watching girls soccer calls someone a *****?

MS_half-step
09-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Big win for this program though

TopDog58
09-06-2014, 04:47 PM

It's called having kids. You'll understand when you lose your virginity.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-06-2014, 04:47 PM

Super fan**

BogeyGolfer
09-06-2014, 04:56 PM

I laughed at this...

WinningIsRelentless
09-06-2014, 05:08 PM

I take it you are watching on TV? If so don't post stupid crap like that again.

ScoobaDawg
09-06-2014, 05:17 PM
Big win for this program though

Beating UAB is never considered a big win. It's a win. and is expected.

CJDAWG85
09-06-2014, 05:21 PM
Yes, the student section was disappointing. But the entire crowd as a whole was pretty much gone at halftime. Don't just bash them.

IMissJack
09-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Could take away the prime spots in the junction if they are going to all leave.

Cabo32
09-06-2014, 05:40 PM
It was hot, we were playing like shit, I wanted to drink and party and I left. Get over yourself...

aerodawg
09-06-2014, 05:44 PM

Ha, as a non student, this is pretty stupid to say. Half of the whole damn stadium left the game. I would prefer everyone stay, but on the bright side maybe it will open Mullen's eyes to the pathetic decisions he is making and absolute horrid field goal / xp team he is fielding.

Dak and the receivers will never be on the same page by the LSU game because he continues to send Williams in every other series. I am a firm believer that if you have 2 QBs that means you don't have one. Williams is in no way pushing Dak for playing time in a real game, and I am ok with bringing in a change of pace guy for specific situations. But the way Dan is doing this is keeping either of those guys from getting into any kind of rhythm. Anyone that has ever played QB knows you get into rhythms where you just know what your receiver is going to do on an option route. That was clearly a problem today and a big reason we were 0 for 7 on third downs to start the game. He pretty much needs to accept that Williams will not be as good as Dak if Dak goes down. It is okay to put him in game situations but not when it is being detrimental to Dak and his play.

In 100% seriousness, I would ask a couple of the soccer girls to come over and kick field goals while we were practicing to maybe get these pos kickers to grab their balls, man up, and kick a gd football through the uprights.

But yeah half the stadium sucked for leaving, but hopefully it will open Mullen's eyes to shit that was produced on the field today.

Charlie_Sheen420
09-06-2014, 05:55 PM
Just to let those of you at home know how hot it was in the student section, two members of the band fell out from the heat. One fell out and hit his head and started having a seizure, and he had to be removed by medical staff. He was awake and seemed to be okay as they took him away, the other one just got hot and had to be removed and cooled off. These incidents were in the late 3rd and mid 4th when the sun was mostly blocked as well. It was hot as hell the first two quarters, and that sun was directly on the student sections. If the students are hot as hell, and Dan's treating the game like a joke, you expect the students to have to suffer through both? If Dan isn't going to take the game serious, then you shouldn't expect the students too. Plus there were plenty of other non-students that left, it was very hot in there today, hottest game I've ever been at. And yes I stayed the entire game......

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Just to let those of you at home know how hot it was in the student section, two members of the band fell out from the heat. One fell out and hit his head and started having a seizure, and he had to be removed by medical staff. He was awake and seemed to be okay as they took him away, the other one just got hot and had to be removed and cooled off. These incidents were in the late 3rd and mid 4th when the sun was mostly blocked as well. It was hot as hell the first two quarters, and that sun was directly on the student sections. If the students are hot as hell, and Dan's treating the game like a joke, you expect the students to have to suffer through both? If Dan isn't going to take the game serious, then you shouldn't expect the students too. Plus there were plenty of other non-students that left, it was very hot in there today, hottest game I've ever been at. And yes I stayed the entire game......
This sums it up.

I ended up staying the whole time, but it was absolutely hot as hell getting there 50 minutes before kickoff and holding down our seats. The sun was blinding off the white concrete.

DudyDawg
09-06-2014, 06:09 PM
A) non students, how many hours before kick off did you get in and stand the entire time, before and during the game? Seriously, how long were you there before the game???

B) stayed the whole game, but wanted to leave because of the shit product I saw. Missing extra points??

C) what student (or anyone) will spend 5 hours STANDING in that heat to see us rotate first and second string all first half. I didn't get in three hours early to watch Damian fumble snaps in a 3 point game. Take the ****ing lead and then out in the back ups

IMissJack
09-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Hottest game I ever remember was against Texas in Sherrill's first year. Band members passed out in the run out line. But, I survived. I realize this was not Texas today.

DudyDawg
09-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Hottest game I ever remember was against Texas in Sherrill's first year. Band members passed out in the run out line. But, I survived. I realize this was not Texas today.

Speaking of that state, the TAMU game a couple years ago was about as hot as today. Got hotter as Johnny bent us over too. 1 pm kickoff in September isn't a good plan

Smitty
09-06-2014, 06:20 PM
We should be proactive and go full on NASCAR with the fans. Allow for coolers to be brought in. Water cuts down on the heat factor. Beer keeps people happy. Works for LFL

MaxedOutMaroon
09-06-2014, 06:21 PM
I am a student and stayed until 2 minutes left and saw the end of the jumbo tron. Fellow students leaving frustrates me almost as much as idiots slamming their cowbell if the opponents get a first down. Yes, it was hot, but get over it. I literally saw students get mad and leave when we missed the second extra point. I just shook my head

DudyDawg
09-06-2014, 06:25 PM
I am a student and stayed until 2 minutes left and saw the end of the jumbo tron. Fellow students leaving frustrates me almost as much as idiots slamming their cowbell if the opponents get a first down. Yes, it was hot, but get over it. I literally saw students get mad and leave when we missed the second extra point. I just shook my head

I agree that other students leaving is stupid. But, at the same time, who wants to stay and watch that piss poor showing (ST especially) while having to arrive an hour or two early. I can't really blame people, students or not, for leaving today. Usually, it irritates me. Today, not so much. I was embarrassed to see that

Smitty
09-06-2014, 06:27 PM

Finished five years ago but the football ignorant students pissed me off as well. I grew up with it and just took for granted that fact. Some dopes that became state fans 4 weeks ago just don't get it.

mstatefan91
09-06-2014, 06:33 PM
It was hot as hell in there for sure. I have the sunburn to prove it but I stayed the whole game, and I'm standing. I always expect the stadium to be less full on hot days and for people to leave at halftime, but today was embarrassing all around (both on and off the field).

rcsteph1
09-06-2014, 06:37 PM
This thread is pathetic. 1) Unless the students occupy 75% of the stadium, you can't say shit about them. 2) it's hot as balls 3) shitty opponent and 4) we look like arse.

Bitch about Dan or getting burned by the deep ball.

If UAB was a Shitty opponent what does that make us? Yes I saw #4

HereComesTheSpiral
09-06-2014, 06:39 PM
This was definitely not one of those games to be drinking whiskey at

DudyDawg
09-06-2014, 06:40 PM
This was definitely not one of those games to be drinking whiskey at

I disagree.......

HereComesTheSpiral
09-06-2014, 06:43 PM
I disagree.......

Play on the field, yes it was a two fifths kind of game. Heat, probably not a good idea.

It_Could_Happen
09-06-2014, 06:43 PM

Thank god someone else agrees with me. I love how these people at home love to call out the students when they were not even there.

DudyDawg
09-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Play on the field, yes it was a two fifths kind of game. Heat, probably not a good idea.

Ha, agree with that. Bad day to drink it, good game to slug it. Sweat most of it out sadly

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-06-2014, 06:51 PM

As a said earlier, I am a student too, and it really irritates me how many students leave early. But I also understand that most students don't love MSU sports like I do. I understand that there's other things to do besides go to the football game. It really bothers me, but I understand at the same time...

ScoobaDawg
09-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Thank god someone else agrees with me. I love how these people at home love to call out the students when they were not even there.

BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN THERE in the same hot days. Now, if you are a student who was there and didn't leave then noone is talking about you. I was one of those students only a few years ago who never left a game early.

DudyDawg
09-06-2014, 06:55 PM
BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN THERE in the same hot days. Now, if you are a student who was there and didn't leave then noone is talking about you. I was one of those students only a few years ago who never left a game early.

And no current students on here are mad at people like you who stayed when you were one. It's just annoying to hear people who don't go say that the students are shit. And I would be willing to bet the percentages that left today are close to those that left similar games in the past. There will always be die hards and there will always be fair weather fans. 2014 or 1990 it's always like that. Just how sports work

ScoobaDawg
09-06-2014, 06:57 PM
As a said earlier, I am a student too, and it really irritates me how many students leave early. But I also understand that most students don't love MSU sports like I do. I understand that there's other things to do besides go to the football game. It really bothers me, but I understand at the same time...

Exactly....and its not just a msu thing as has been noted. It will be interesting in a few years once the current crop of students graduate and have to pay BC dues and not get as good as tickets. Will they be more likely to stay for the full game or will more alumni start leaving earlier because thats what they did in college...

CadaverDawg
09-06-2014, 06:58 PM
And no current students on here are mad at people like you who stayed when you were one. It's just annoying to hear people who don't go say that the students are shit. And I would be willing to bet the percentages that left today are close to those that left similar games in the past. There will always be die hards and there will always be fair weather fans. 2014 or 1990 it's always like that. Just how sports work

Well, us fans that have graduated don't live on campus....so, that's really a little silly to expect every MSU fan in the country to be at a game or else they can't complain or question why students or fans are leaving at half time. I personally understand why people left today, but normally I don't.

It looked like Mullen wanted to let the 1st team leave the stadium at several points in the game...so I wouldn't blame fans for leaving.

DudyDawg
09-06-2014, 07:00 PM
Exactly....and its not just a msu thing as has been noted. It will be interesting in a few years once the current crop of students graduate and have to pay BC dues and not get as good as tickets. Will they be more likely to stay for the full game or will more alumni start leaving earlier because thats what they did in college...

I think that any alumni (new alums especially) will be more likely to stay than an average student. If that alum made the effort and sacrifice to pay for tix and travel then they are a fan. The average student won't travel back for every game and buy season tix. The alums that do all of that are the ones who don't leave early when they are a student

ScoobaDawg
09-06-2014, 07:02 PM
I think that any alumni (new alums especially) will be more likely to stay than an average student. If that alum made the effort and sacrifice to pay for tix and travel then they are a fan. The average student won't travel back for every game and buy season tix. The alums that do all of that are the ones who don't leave early when they are a student

Good point and i hope it is true. but again if its not, it wont just be a MSU issues and will be interesting to see how stadiums and game days evolve further to encourage students /alumni to stay longer.

DudyDawg
09-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Well, us fans that have graduated don't live on campus....so, that's really a little silly to expect every MSU fan in the country to be at a game or else they can't complain or question why students or fans are leaving at half time. I personally understand why people left today, but normally I don't.

It looked like Mullen wanted to let the 1st team leave the stadium at several points in the game...so I wouldn't blame fans for leaving.

I'm not trying to say every state fan should be there. Some can't. But to start a thread that's completely one sided (as in not acknowledging how early students have to come and such) and bitch when you weren't even there is dumb IMO. Things happen, people can't come. But if you couldnt, don't try to throw a hissy fit at those who did come and left a game that was hosted in Satan's living room. (Obviously this is directed at the guy who was bitching while at a soccer game). Cant come, fine. But don't throw a fit about it

DudyDawg
09-06-2014, 07:07 PM
Good point and i hope it is true. but again if its not, it wont just be a MSU issues and will be interesting to see how stadiums and game days evolve further to encourage students /alumni to stay longer.

I agree that it'll be interesting. That's the biggest thing you deal with working in sports. Home vs stadium experience. Big changes are coming to make the stadiums win that fight. Hell, we've got two big HD examples of trying to win that fight

IMissJack
09-06-2014, 07:26 PM
If we win by 30 we are not having the same discussion. I think everyone is just pissed off about the way we played today.

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Since the temperature is less at the tailgate, right? Get a 17'ing life

BeardoMSU
09-06-2014, 08:14 PM
I'll say this: I stayed the whole game, but.....it was hot. When I say hot, I literally felt like I was being cooked. It was weird honestly, because I'm usually good in the heat; I think it may have been the light and heat reflecting off the concrete, but damn. And btw, I'm a person who spent 8 years as a member of the FMB, and I've suffered through ass-whoopings in 100 degree heat, but today was just bad. Both my GF and I felt like we were going to pass out.

bluelightstar
09-06-2014, 08:23 PM
I'll say this: I stayed the whole game, but.....it was hot. When I say hot, I literally felt like I was being cooked. It was weird honestly, because I'm usually good in the heat; I think it may have been the light and heat reflecting off the concrete, but damn. And btw, I'm a person who spent 8 years as a member of the FMB, and I've suffered through ass-whoopings in 100 degree heat, but today was just bad. Both my GF and I felt like we were going to pass out.

Agree. It felt just oddly hot out there -- I was literally right next to the band and they were passing out left and right.

archdog
09-06-2014, 08:24 PM
It was pathetic. But it was hot as balls in there. Students are pussies. This game was tight at half and they were leaving. All they have to do is go get some concessions, get hydrated like all the old people and get back in there amd try to effect the game.

Dawg61
09-06-2014, 08:52 PM
Don't schedule anymore 1pm games in September. That's just retarded.

ScoobaDawg
09-06-2014, 08:55 PM
Don't schedule anymore 1pm games in September. That's just retarded.

You do realize TV dictates game times right? so unless you want us to leave the SEC thats not going to happen.

DudyDawg
09-06-2014, 08:59 PM
It was pathetic. But it was hot as balls in there. Students are pussies. This game was tight at half and they were leaving. All they have to do is go get some concessions, get hydrated like all the old people and get back in there amd try to effect the game.

How many hours did you enter DWS before kickoff?? Stand the whole time? Legit questions.

Not saying people should leave, but don't be blind. Standing is much worse than sitting in heat. Perfect example of why we need Greek and block seating. Don't need to go in as early, can tell who leaves

Dawg61
09-06-2014, 09:08 PM
You do realize TV dictates game times right? so unless you want us to leave the SEC thats not going to happen.

Put in a request then. It's fu@king Mississippi. They should take heat into consideration when scheduling the tv games and if they aren't they need to be.

Charlie_Sheen420
09-06-2014, 09:13 PM
Some students are on a budget, they don't have disposable income like the older folks. $4 for just a water can be pricey for a student....

TheRef
09-06-2014, 09:46 PM

Want to know the real problem. $4 for a bottle of water on the hottest game of the season. Really? $4? I'm a poor ass college student and there's only so many $4 bottles of water I can stand to drink/spend. I stayed the entire game so nip that in the bud. Do I like students leaving early? No. Do I blame them for the heat? Hell no. This is one of those games that you just chalk up for the weather and crappy play on the field. We don't have a home game for a month, guys. Plus, let's be honest, how many people were watching our game on FSN?

DudyDawg
09-06-2014, 09:48 PM
Nice job on the 'tron, ref

TheRef
09-06-2014, 09:50 PM
Nice job on the 'tron, ref

Thanks, man. Giving blood as a student has benefits.

TUSK
09-06-2014, 10:35 PM
man... gonna beat Auburn, gonna win in Baton Rouge? Fans don't win games, but they can help.

the "heat"... wow...

sleepy dawg
09-07-2014, 01:16 AM
All you people bitching about the fans at the game:

First, are you actually at the game? Yes. I've missed 1 home game in the past 6 years... and went to many more before that. I went to almost every home game when I was a student, and left early (4th quarter) maybe twice.
Second, it is hot as hell out there. It's Mississippi. That's how it is. It will be cold as shit in a couple of months. Quit being a *****.
Third, why would you stay to watch this crappy team and game plan? Why would you buy a ticket? If you're going to leave half way through, please just leave the tickets to real fans. You hurt more than you help.

RougeDawg
09-07-2014, 04:44 AM

Heat stroke? Most of us work, WORK in f*cking heat like that ALL DAY! Did you and the other students have to run home to ice down your ******s? That's the only explanation. I sat out there all day yesterday. No excuses for leaving early. The game was still close and our players needed your support, but the students shit the bed more than the team yesterday.

Jack Lambert
09-07-2014, 09:06 AM
I totally agree, Students get cheap tickets, they are students and should stay at the game however the rest of the stadium was clearing out as well. It wasn't just the students who took off. I was in the stands one hour before game and was there 15 minutes after. I wanted to leave at half and would have but my son and his friend did not so we stayed. I am paying for it today. Worse sunburn I have had in a long time plus I am drained of energy.

It was horible conditions to watch a ball game. I just don't see how little kids and elderly made it and many of them got to the middle of the fourth. I don't think I will attend another game that takes place at this time this early in the season. Sorry it is just tough. I am surprise the NCAA allows it. After all they suspose to be looking after the welfare of the student athelete.

BulldogDX55
09-07-2014, 09:23 AM

17 u ass wipe. Get off your ugly ass bitch and get back to the stadium.

was it 93 or 94c, I remember sitting in the cold ass rain watching us get our asses beat by Kentucky. These 17n students have it soooo tough nowadays.

I was outside for the same amount of time watching girls soccer. Don't have tix. Sorry that you are a big bitch ass P U S S Y

Dear MSU ticket office. Prepare for empty seats.
Our fans are whiny ass bitches.

You were at a soccer game for two hours. Congratulations. Now, **** off. Any chance we can get an ip location on this guy? There wasn't even a soccer game yesterday, and hasn't been one at 1:00 or close to it all season.

Heat stroke? Most of us work, WORK in f*cking heat like that ALL DAY! Did you and the other students have to run home to ice down your ******s? That's the only explanation. I sat out there all day yesterday. No excuses for leaving early. The game was still close and our players needed your support, but the students shit the bed more than the team yesterday.

Sorry we can't all be blue collar badasses like you with the disposable income to buy $4 bottles of water all afternoon. Heaven forbid we don't want to put our health at risk to watch an ugly football game that was treated like an exhibition game like our coaching staff.

DudyDawg
09-07-2014, 09:34 AM

Key word: sat. Not stand.

Also, did you go in two and a half hours early? And stand?

I've worked a summer on a farm in Starkville. It never got that hot. There's shade, water, wind. Breaks from work. There wasn't that at the game. Apples to oranges.

RC3
09-07-2014, 09:58 AM
It was hot. Real hot. We were playing like dookie. I don't blame anyone for leaving early.

Cabo32
09-07-2014, 10:19 AM
It was hot. Real hot. We were playing like dookie. I don't blame anyone for leaving early.

Are you crazy?!?!? Our team needed us for motivation to beat a mid tier cusa team***

Your level of comfort should not be a deciding factor on why you would leave the game early**

RC3
09-07-2014, 10:24 AM
I chose to stay for most of the game. I think I left with 6:00 mins on the clock. But I had to fight the urge to leave at halftime and if we had been up three or four tds I probably would have. One of the hottest games I can remember

scottycameron
09-07-2014, 10:43 AM
promise them they'll pass out juice boxes and orange slices at the end.