PDA

View Full Version : Realize I am probably overreacting or don't have correct

Dawgowar
09-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Info, but why are we getting screwed onto ESPN3 this week and not an actual channel? Other than the obvious reason that we are not one of the big six? If that placement isn't a reminder to "know our place" don't know what is. Not a decent SEC matchup this weekend anyway

Is there an channel on DTV we are going to be on that I am missing? Thought we did this deal so everybody got coverage to go with the cash.

ShotgunDawg
09-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Info, but why are we getting screwed onto ESPN3 this week and not an actual channel? Other than the obvious reason that we are not one of the big six? If that placement isn't a reminder to "know our place" don't know what is. Not a decent SEC matchup this weekend anyway

Is there an channel on DTV we are going to be on that I am missing? Thought we did this deal so everybody got coverage to go with the cash.

Game is on Fox Sports South at 1:00. It's like channel 640 on DTV

Pollodawg
09-05-2014, 07:32 PM

Is it a premium channel? I have choice.

Dawgowar
09-05-2014, 07:38 PM

Thanks, you saved my wife and dog from a lowlevel middle age rant of futility. Mine shows 646 fsshd.

Dawg61
09-05-2014, 07:39 PM

Fox Sports Network not Fox Sports South

MarketingBully01
09-05-2014, 07:55 PM

What exactly does that mean? Which Fox Sports will it come on?

oldjoedawg
09-05-2014, 08:03 PM
On Uverse it is advertised as channel 724 or 1724(HD)....

Yossarian
09-05-2014, 08:14 PM

On Directv, it's FSSOHD (646), which is Fox Sports South, I think.

Political Hack
09-05-2014, 08:16 PM
comcast?

Dawg61
09-05-2014, 08:44 PM

They are two different channels like ESPN and ESPN2. For me on Comcast the game is being shown on Fox Sports NETWORK which is 1675HD and the channel it's not on is Fox Sports South which is 1676HD. Just check your guide. The SEC games are listed for the entire year as playing on FSN or 1675.

MarketingBully01
09-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Excellent, on vacation so don't know which channel the game is on. Thanks for the clarification there. :)

Pollodawg
09-05-2014, 09:14 PM
The only one I saw it on earlier was 654, and I don't even think I have that channel. I'm going to be pissed if I miss this game.

defiantdog
09-05-2014, 09:17 PM
comcast?

It's showing it's going to be on channel 703 on Comcast.... not too sure about that though

yjnkdawg
09-05-2014, 10:11 PM
The only one I saw it on earlier was 654, and I don't even think I have that channel. I'm going to be pissed if I miss this game.

If you have the Choice Package, on Directv, then you have the Fox Sport Network, which should be Channel 646, Fox Sport South as one your regional sport's channels.

preachermatt83
09-05-2014, 10:11 PM
on fox sports south and fox sports net on DISH. I have the hopper so its channel 412-10 on mine.

Bear@Work
09-05-2014, 11:17 PM
This stinks. Out of 12 SEC games this weekend, 11 are on ESPN and we get shafted to Fox? Hopefully the ninja can work things out better in the future. We shouldn't have to put up with that.

Dawg61
09-05-2014, 11:40 PM
This stinks. Out of 12 SEC games this weekend, 11 are on ESPN and we get shafted to Fox? Hopefully the ninja can work things out better in the future. We shouldn't have to put up with that.

Haha there's atleast one SEC game a week on FSN and honestly there coverage is pretty dang good plus the screen isn't filled with a bunch of shit scroling all the time or a bunch of stats/logos everywhere. I enjoy their coverage and they usually have great announcers too. FSN is a great channel for sports coverage imo. It will look gloriously better in FSNHD than shit standard definition that the SEC alternate channels will be in. This is not a bad thing but a good thing to be on FSN. We can do a whole lot worse and have done a whole lot worse than our worst coverage of the year being on FSN.

Percho
09-05-2014, 11:43 PM
830 xfinity Southaven

ScoobaDawg
09-06-2014, 03:40 AM

The ninja won't be doing anything for us as long as he is at Arizona.

ScoobaDawg
09-06-2014, 03:41 AM
On Uverse it is advertised as channel 724 or 1724(HD)....

and it says that channel doesnt allow recording... F*** me...

TUSK
09-06-2014, 03:52 AM

Really?

c'mon...

really?

BogeyGolfer
09-06-2014, 06:42 AM

To be honest, no one really cares to watch Us and UAB other than State fans and the handful of UAB fans that exist. This isn't exactly a prime match-up. I'm just glad it's on the tube and I can get back home from my son's game and catch the 2nd half.

Bully13
09-06-2014, 08:35 AM

that sux if true Scooba, I'm gonna look into this more as I have U-verse as well. it may mean you have to call in and pay. that's very unusual for u-verse to say "won't allow recording"..

Bully13
09-06-2014, 08:41 AM
I'm in N. TX and it's on 754 or 1754 and I hit the red button and is saying "will record".. I would call u-verse if I were you Scooba.

preachermatt83
09-06-2014, 09:54 AM

that's bc the game hasn't sold out yet.. if it doesn't it will be blacked out here.

preachermatt83
09-06-2014, 09:55 AM
before anyone has a coronary, Im just kidding.

Bully13
09-06-2014, 09:56 AM
I still wanna know why my u-verse says "will record" and scooba's having trouble.

yjnkdawg
09-06-2014, 10:09 AM
Haha there's atleast one SEC game a week on FSN and honestly there coverage is pretty dang good plus the screen isn't filled with a bunch of shit scroling all the time or a bunch of stats/logos everywhere. I enjoy their coverage and they usually have great announcers too. FSN is a great channel for sports coverage imo. It will look gloriously better in FSNHD than shit standard definition that the SEC alternate channels will be in. This is not a bad thing but a good thing to be on FSN. We can do a whole lot worse and have done a whole lot worse than our worst coverage of the year being on FSN.

I have Directv and it shows HD on the alternate channel and a Directv tech rep (from Mississippi) told me last week that it would be HD.

yjnkdawg
09-06-2014, 10:14 AM

If this were last year, and we were on CSS, then I would agree with you. There is nothing wrong with FSN.

BulldogBear
09-06-2014, 10:21 AM
that sux if true Scooba, I'm gonna look into this more as I have U-verse as well. it may mean you have to call in and pay. that's very unusual for u-verse to say "won't allow recording"..

I have UVERSE and it's letting me record it. Do you have other stuff lined up to record at same time? My DVR will only record so much HD (and probably normal format too) at a time.

Bully13
09-06-2014, 11:18 AM
I have UVERSE and it's letting me record it. Do you have other stuff lined up to record at same time? My DVR will only record so much HD (and probably normal format too) at a time.

Didnt think of that...but they usually say that If memory serves

TaleofTwoDogs
09-06-2014, 11:32 AM
For you Verizon guys its Fox Sports Southwest channel 77. Also a replay on channel 75 (SEC Net) late, late Monday night.