PDA

View Full Version : Per SFBulls247-Bench to USF

BeastMan
05-23-2013, 09:26 AM
Well shit

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-23-2013, 09:28 AM
unbelievable. Just unbelievable. Not sure anyone on our end saw this coming.

msstate7
05-23-2013, 09:29 AM
We are terrible at getting qb's.

BeastMan
05-23-2013, 09:41 AM

All I heard yesterday from "in the know folks" was positive vibes. I went to sleep thinking he was ours. Recruiting is tough sometimes

Goat Holder
05-23-2013, 09:44 AM
Is this guy even any good? He couldn't play at Pedophile State.....he was a 2* that we didn't offer out of HS.......I'm thinking we only wanted him for depth, and he likely knew that. Probably could start immediately next year for USF.

AROB44
05-23-2013, 09:49 AM
I have wondered the same as well.....just how good is he? Got beat out by a Freshman at Penn State. What am I missing?

Goat Holder
05-23-2013, 09:53 AM
People are jumping off a cliff because this guy didn't come, but realistically at this point, MSU is doing well by having 2 decent QBs on the roster at one time in Russell and Dak. Until we have some real QB success consistently, we're going to have trouble attracting the talent unless there is a gaping hole where they can come in and start immediately. Asking a transfer to come in and sit the bench is a little much. We ain't QB U yet, but we also aren't completely hurting. Even assuming Sandberg goes MLB, we'll still likely have 3 QBs on the roster in '14, with Prescott (who everyone's anointed as the savior, Williams and a freshman - probably this Elijah Staley dude). Jonnas Spivey just got an MSU offer.

Coach34
05-23-2013, 09:58 AM
I dont think anybody is jumping off a cliff, I think people just wanted some insurance. I'm more concerned with the fact that our staff thought he was in the bag- and he chooses S. Fla. We seem to be clueless at times in these situations- thats concerning

Goat Holder
05-23-2013, 10:04 AM
How can they ever know? Freeze and his cronies didn't know what Nkemdiche's final decision was until he announced it, as was evidenced by their reaction. This is not a cause for concern.

If you are disappointed in your sources, you can pay me a monthly fee for mine (JUST KIDDING)

FISHDAWG
05-23-2013, 10:08 AM
he was closer to playing time there than he was here ... can't really blame the guy for wanting to play sooner than later ... what I can't understand is he went from the big-10, had a chance at the SEC and now is going to fade into oblivion in some obscure conference playing a lackluster schedule ... I guess the smaller stage was more appealing

Coach34
05-23-2013, 10:14 AM
How can they ever know? Freeze and his cronies didn't know what Nkemdiche's final decision was until he announced it, as was evidenced by their reaction. This is not a cause for concern.

They knew Kimdeechy was coming- all that was show for TV. They knew they were being watched- how dumb would they look if they acted like it wasnt a big deal? Plus, I'm sure it was still exciting when he signed- they got the top recruit in the country.

You know 8 times out of 10 when you have closed and when you dont- if you are any good at it

engie
05-23-2013, 10:15 AM
Play sooner at a midmajor or later in the big leagues... That's EXACTLY what USF is for his entire career outside of this one last season when they won't be able to compete with Louisville for an actual BCS berth anyway. They a rebranded C-USA team.

The fact that he chose the midmajor says alot about more about him than it does us IMO... We didn't need another Schuessler or Favre that was going to run from the competition.

Pollodawg
05-23-2013, 10:15 AM
Meh, our QBs will play in front of 62,000 people. I hope he enjoys playing in front of 6,200.......But I digress. I think he got here, saw Dak, said nope, not in my life time, and left. In all honesty, all he was ever going to be was depth, which we do need. Dak is way more physical and ready to play than Bench is.

ckDOG
05-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Well shit

This is not surprising, I don't care what our coaches thought. QBs don't go to MSU to be the 3rd string. Don't get me wrong, we need the depth badly, but this kid was looking for quick PT (I don't say that negatively, either). He needs an injury and to win heads up against Dak to do that here.

Coach34
05-23-2013, 11:02 AM
Play sooner at a midmajor or later in the big leagues... That's EXACTLY what USF is for his entire career outside of this one last season when they won't be able to compete with Louisville for an actual BCS berth anyway. They a rebranded C-USA team.

I agree with this

maroonmania
05-23-2013, 12:08 PM

I saw it coming because I've seen this same song and dance play out before. Les Koenning couldn't smooth talk a good QB to MSU on his own if his life depended on it. Heck he couldn't even get the Houston commit guy this past season to take a visit. And for me its certainly not jumping off a cliff to not get Bench in and of itself because I believe he is probably a marginal SEC QB at best, its just the total lack of warm bodies at the QB position at this point. There IS going to come a time when we are going to have a rash of injuries at that position like we had in 2007 and we will end up having to play some walk on or move over a guy from receiver to play QB who played it in HS because we don't have but 2 scholly QBs on the entire freakin' roster. And I will upchuck if I hear one more person say that if you get a couple of QBs injured for any time the season in over anyway. Heck, the ONLY decent season we had under Croom we had being led by a 3rd string QB (Wesley Carroll).