PDA

View Full Version : Freeze's holy rolling is catching up to Ole Miss

PassInterference
09-05-2014, 04:40 PM
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/olemisssports/2014/09/05/ole-miss-religion-freedom-foundation-freeze/15129629/

A separation of church & state group is looking into Ole Miss.

Now look, I'm not one to get bent out of shape when a government employee happens to be religious. But we all know what's happening at Ole miss is over the line.

Freeze has told a MSU recruit that Freeze fears for the recruit's soul if the recruit chooses MSU - and that's no exaggeration. That is way over the line.

Isn't Freeze an ordained minister? I know he baptized a Tuohy kid and that was a big deal on Ole Miss social media. Here's the story: http://www.bpnews.net/41243/blind-side-son-now-20-is-baptized In that article,Leigh Anne Tuohy mentions her son being baptized by "Coach Hugh Freeze". Not "Hugh Freeze", "Reverend Freeze", or another appropriate title. She said "Coach". It was about being baptized by the head coach of the Ole Miss Rebels.

Just today on Twitter, Freeze quoted the Book of 1st Samuel saying
David RAN quickly toward the battle line to meet the Philistine. 1 Samuel. Crank the buses, these boy are ready to go to Nashville. #GoRebs

Yeah, coach, the story of David is exactly about playing football where God is on the side of the Ole Miss Rebels and rebel opponents are the evil enemies of God.

When that little boy Chance tragically died recently, Freeze tweeted "We love you Chance and know you will be watching every snap with our Savior!"

A slogan for Ole Miss Football has been "Win The Day". Two weeks ago, Freeze tweeted
Lord, help me be a man of grace, giving grace to others, who lie me don't deserve grace, but won't truly live again without it. #WinTheDay That's a nice thought and probably a sincere prayer. But #WinTheDay? Really?

Freeze speaks/quotes like a preacher in the context of Ole Miss Football. This year's slogan is "All In". Check out this Freeze tweet:
Work joyfully and peacefully, knowing that right thoughts and right efforts will inevitably bring about right results. - James Allen #ALLIN

Stuff like this is floating around
http://s28.postimg.org/5dh8yfiel/photo.jpg

Good for Freeze that he is a Christian. Good for him that he tries to be a good influence on people. But quoting scripture in the context that God is on the side of Ole Miss football and that anybody who isn't a Rebel isn't with God is ****ing backwards and offensive.

Bully13
09-05-2014, 04:54 PM
That still pisses me off that he said that to Brown. Does anybody remember how that was confirmed? At any rate, both freeze and those 17's from WI can suck it

Saltydog
09-05-2014, 04:59 PM
nt

Alldawg
09-05-2014, 05:14 PM
I guess I am alone, but I don't get the constant bashing of a man's faith. I understand the rivalry of the game itself, the passion of the fans, but not this. To each his own I guess. Just think there are other things to talk about and critique than a mans faith.

thunderclap
09-05-2014, 05:17 PM
What people are bashing is that he talks out of both sides of his mouth. Constantly.

Goat Holder
09-05-2014, 05:22 PM
I would rather Freeze (and Mullen) be preaching Christianity than not, as long as he's backing it up. Certainly better than other things he could be preaching. I don't get the hate on this subject. Just open season on Christianity I guess. I don't see where Freeze is NOT living a Christian life or anything. He's human, so he'll stumble. What's the big deal?

Come your death bed all you anti-Christian cool guy types will be changing your tune. There ain't no atheists in a foxhole. And for good reason. I'll let you figure out why.

Smitty
09-05-2014, 05:24 PM
I agree Goat

IMissJack
09-05-2014, 05:24 PM
Um, our coach tweets Bible verses sometimes...

Alldawg
09-05-2014, 05:27 PM
I agree with this. I think it's ridiculous that they would investigate this. The world would be better off if the government would leave religion well enough alone. I am thankful that the public school my kids attend still allow prayer

AFDawg
09-05-2014, 05:30 PM
Pretty much every school has players go to church together and has a chaplain.

TheRef
09-05-2014, 05:31 PM
Truthfully, they could send a letter to MSU for almost the same reason. We routinely take our players to church every two-a-days. You see players routinely tweeting about them going to church together in an organized fashion. I'm sure it's purely voluntary for them to go, but still. Do we have a team chaplain? I can't answer that question, but I'm sure someone closer to the program can. So we can't say that we're clean on this one, guys.

msstate7
09-05-2014, 05:32 PM
I would rather Freeze (and Mullen) be preaching Christianity than not, as long as he's backing it up. Certainly better than other things he could be preaching. I don't get the hate on this subject. Just open season on Christianity I guess. I don't see where Freeze is NOT living a Christian life or anything. He's human, so he'll stumble. What's the big deal?

Come your death bed all you anti-Christian cool guy types will be changing your tune. There ain't no atheists in a foxhole. And for good reason. I'll let you figure out why.

Yeah, well what will you say when Dan starts preaching Scientology to our players, social media, and the GTA?*****

shoeless joe
09-05-2014, 05:33 PM
It's not his religious views that draw the ire of so many. It's how he appears to use it. I have no problem with him or others, like Tebow talking about their faith...but then don't turn around and go about your business like he appears to do. That's he problem. Talking the talk is fine...but when you don't appear to walk the walk it's gonna open you up for criticism. I don't know the man's heart but he appears quite hypocritical even when I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt on the subject.

Saltydog
09-05-2014, 05:34 PM
nt

RougeDawg
09-05-2014, 05:35 PM

Huh? Do what? What does Hugh do that backs up his faith? Turning the other cheek when his own fan yells something? Wishing a recruit or player the best then they decide to decommit or transfer from OM? Suspend his players for anti gay slurs, arrests and fighting?

Do you even pay attention to what he actually does, compares to what he preaches? I'm not going to wait for an answer because it's obvious you've had your head in the sand when it comes to Hypocritical Hugh's false prophesy.

Coach 57
09-05-2014, 05:42 PM
I don't agree with Goat often but I agree with him here. I am a disciple of Christ, I live it, breathe it and sleep it. Without Him (Christ) I would be NOTHING! I don't get the consistent bashing of Freeze. Jesus said we'd (yes I'm grouping myself with a man who claims Christ who happens to be Hugh Freeze) be hated, excluded, reviled, our name spurned as "evil" (Luke 6:22-25) for His namesake. So my question is this are you attacking him because he's the UM coach or because he claims Christ? Because if it's the latter, you better seriously check yourself. Every person at some point is going to DIE the absolute ONLY way you one day get out of that grace is Jesus.

If your claim is that he's "talking but not walkin it" my question is "based on whose standards?" Yours? Saul (who later became Paul) was a tent making Christ disciple bashing raiser of all kinds of kane. What did he do? He wrote half the New Testament. So don't tell me people can NOT change. I'm evidence if that also. So if you want to throw Christians in the out of bashing, toss me in there too.

IMissJack
09-05-2014, 05:46 PM
That is why I don't have a problem with Hugh saying stuff like this. The more someone talks about Christianity, like Hugh, the more scrutiny they open themselves up to. If he really lives what he says, good, I'm all for it. We need good men in positions of authority. However, if not, then he will get called out eventually. It's the same reason that it was such a big deal when Jimmy Swaggert got in trouble. The reason it was such a big deal to the media was he was a preacher that got on TV and told others how to live, without doing it himself. I am a Christian, but believe I have many points to get right in my own life first without telling others what their problems are and elevating myself to sainthood on earth over a football game.

FlabLoser
09-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Freeze has referred to football teamwork as "building the kingdom". Then prays about the kingdom of God.

He equates Ole Miss football with Christianity and I think that's wrong.

LiterallyPolice
09-05-2014, 06:01 PM

I don't really know where I stand on the whole religion thing, but Goat this had a big impact on me. I had a moment of clarity.

You see, whenever Goat starts getting on his high horse and spouting stale platitudes that he thinks are profound.... I know immediately how I stand. I feel the exact opposite of Goat, every time. Thank you Goat! You've opened my eyes!

Dawgtini
09-05-2014, 06:03 PM

You are on fire today goat. I agree with you for about the 5th time today.

Coach 57
09-05-2014, 06:07 PM
High school coaches do it all the time. We once marched around the "battlefield" before the game and after the game to simulate when God used Joshua take down Jericho. What's wrong with that? If you think He doesn't have "plans" for His people and want them carried out then I'm sorry your sense of what is biblical is wrong. I live my life (as ANY who claim Christ) is deemed and REQUIRED to do which is through a relationship with Jesus and the teachings of scripture to GOVERN my life. There will always be victory & defeat. No matter if we won or lost we gave Him praise that is DUE! I don't know what Freeze teaches his kids but if he tries to do what God requires us ALL to do who claim Jesus as Lord & Savior which is witness. He may be doing that. Our lives as disciples are to be testimonies for what God did WITHIN us to be outwardly expressed.

BeardoMSU
09-05-2014, 06:08 PM
I don't really know where I stand on the whole religion thing, but Goat this had a big impact on me. I had a moment of clarity.

You see, whenever Goat starts getting on his high horse and spouting stale platitudes that he thinks are profound.... I know immediately how I stand. I feel the exact opposite of Goat, every time. Thank you Goat! You've opened my eyes!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzwuwvYhI31r4mv5l.gif

Maroons
09-05-2014, 06:09 PM
What people are bashing is that he talks out of both sides of his mouth. Constantly.

Freeze preaches Christian faith but then looks the other way and/or condones their egregious recruiting shenanigans. I'll believe he's sincere when they stop paying players just to take an official visit, just to use one example.

And I'm a Christian, by the way.

msstate7
09-05-2014, 06:12 PM
High school coaches do it all the time. We once marched around the "battlefield" before the game and after the game to simulate when God used Joshua take down Jericho. What's wrong with that? If you think He doesn't have "plans" for His people and want them carried out then I'm sorry your sense of what is biblical is wrong. I live my life (as ANY who claim Christ) is deemed and REQUIRED to do which is through a relationship with Jesus and the teachings of scripture to GOVERN my life. There will always be victory & defeat. No matter if we won or lost we gave Him praise that is DUE! I don't know what Freeze teaches his kids but if he tries to do what God requires us ALL to do who claim Jesus as Lord & Savior which is witness. He may be doing that. Our lives as disciples are to be testimonies for what God did WITHIN us to be outwardly expressed.

Only problem I have with it is that your/my enemies aren't God's enemies.

Coach 57
09-05-2014, 06:20 PM
^^^do what?^^^

Should that NOT be self explanatory? We are ALL God's children even Gentiles have a chance to be grafted into "The Vine" through the acceptance of Christ as Savior & Lord no matter what team you play for. I figured I wouldn't have to explain that one. SMH.

msstate7
09-05-2014, 06:26 PM
^^^do what?^^^

When you march into a game as a band of Christians against the other team like God is leading you into it sorta makes it like God is against the other team.

I think freeze does this a lot. Didnt he say God helped OM win against lsu bc they gave Him the glory or something to that effect? Telling richie brown that he fears for his soul if he goes to state. Does that bring glory to Jesus?

gravedigger
09-05-2014, 06:28 PM
I don't really give his rhetoric that much thought. I am saddened to see Christians be so publicly sanctimonious that they perpetuate insincerity.

That said I think you are letting him get to you more than you should.

PassInterference
09-05-2014, 06:28 PM
When you march into a game as a band of Christians against the other team like God is leading you into it sorta makes it like God is against the other team.

Bingo.

And to remove all doubt about this opinion, Freeze fears for the soul of a recruit who chose MSU over Ole Miss.

Reason2succeed
09-05-2014, 06:38 PM
Did any of you read the article or better yet comprehend what is in question? The problem is not what Freeze promotes or doesn't promote. He has a right to do that and so does OM. However, you cannot use taxpayer money for promoting any religious faith whether Muslim, Christian, Hindu, etc.

CadaverDawg
09-05-2014, 06:42 PM
Freeze says whatever parents want to hear in front of parents, and whatever players want to hear in front of players. The same guy talking about giving it all to God and playing for God, is the guy cussing at fans in the stands, and allowing cheating to go on right under his nose. His faith is not the issue here, guys (57, Goat, etc)....the problem is that he uses his faith for personal gain and when it is convenient to use it. When the cameras are on, he's a man of God....when the cameras are off (or when he thinks they're off), he's cussing at fans and pushing kids to go get drunk and screw randoms. THAT is why Christians like myself, have a problem with Freeze. I am by no means a perfect man....but I also don't walk around telling everybody I'm perfect. Freeze is far from a man that "does everything to glorify God", yet he walks around proclaiming that he and his team "do everything to glorify God".

I hate this debate, because I feel wrong being judgemental, but some of you guys acting like there's a bunch of Christian bashing going on on this board, are totally missing the point. Most of us are Christians, but that doesn't mean if a hater of God tweets a Bible verse we have to say he's a good man. Tweeting verses does not make one a man of faith. You have to walk the walk, not just talk the talk. And you guys that claim to be Christians, ought to know this more than anybody. It's easy to show up on Sunday, but what are you doing from Monday to Saturday.

I think that's what people are saying. Don't turn it into something it's not.

BeardoMSU
09-05-2014, 06:43 PM
Did any of you read the article or better yet comprehend what is in question? The problem is not what Freeze promotes or doesn't promote. He has a right to do that and so does OM. However, you cannot use taxpayer money for promoting any religious faith whether Muslim, Christian, Hindu, etc.

Bingo. This has nothing to do with whether or not Freeze uses religion, it's if they use taxpayers dollars to pay their chaplain, etc.

Freeze could nip this in the bud rather easily. You're making over 2 million a year; just pay for the chaplain or whatever else yourself. Done.

Also, for all the people who point to their religions activities as being "voluntary", those type of situations always come with peer pressure from your fellow teammates, not to mention that individual wanting to stay in the good graces of the coaching staff, especially when religion is that big of a cultural factor, as it is at OM.

DLGDawg
09-05-2014, 06:43 PM
I don't get the hate on Freeze showin his faith either. As a Christian myself, I will not try to get a splinter out of his eye when I have a log in mine.

Without writing a bunch of stuff, there's one thing that I would want non Christians to know.

All Christians are hypocrites! But as believers we are saved hypocrites. Now, that's a strong word but I use it to make the point. I'm not saying all Christians are leading double lives. It's just that ALL Christians sin and fall short.....none are worthy of His grace...no not one. Our goal is to become more like Jesus. But no one can achieve perfection as a fallen human being while on this earth.

BeardoMSU
09-05-2014, 06:45 PM
I hate this debate, because I feel wrong being judgemental, but some of you guys acting like there's a bunch of Christian bashing going on on this board, are totally missing the point. Most of us are Christians, but that doesn't mean if a hater of God tweets a Bible verse we have to say he's a good man. Tweeting verses does not make one a man of faith.

Well said, Cadaver.

http://i.imgur.com/45WW0wy.gif

BulldogDX55
09-05-2014, 06:51 PM
I don't get the hate on Freeze showin his faith either. As a Christian myself, I will not try to get a splinter out of his eye when I have a log in mine.

Literally no one has done this.

Coach34
09-05-2014, 07:00 PM
You are on fire today goat. I agree with you for about the 5th time today.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/0baa83a97d20366d97f7491cc42c8395/tumblr_msko66bSPI1sfyszho1_400.gif

CadaverDawg
09-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Literally no one has done this.

Exactly. Not sure where this "bashing his faith" stuff is coming from.

If I walk around preaching thou shalt not steal, and then go steal something when you aren't watching me.....and you then say that I'm wrong for not practicing what I preach......are you "bashing my faith"? No, you're saying I need to start preaching through my actions and not just my words. Those 2 things are VERY different.

BeardoMSU
09-05-2014, 07:02 PM
http://giphy.com/gifs/eu0aMjtJsD1dK

I wouldn't have pegged you as a Kevin Smith fan, Coach.

Color me impressed ;)

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Freeze says whatever parents want to hear in front of parents, and whatever players want to hear in front of players. The same guy talking about giving it all to God and playing for God, is the guy cussing at fans in the stands, and allowing cheating to go on right under his nose. His faith is not the issue here, guys (57, Goat, etc)....the problem is that he uses his faith for personal gain and when it is convenient to use it. When the cameras are on, he's a man of God....when the cameras are off (or when he thinks they're off), he's cussing at fans and pushing kids to go get drunk and screw randoms. THAT is why Christians like myself, have a problem with Freeze. I am by no means a perfect man....but I also don't walk around telling everybody I'm perfect. Freeze is far from a man that "does everything to glorify God", yet he walks around proclaiming that he and his team "do everything to glorify God".

I hate this debate, because I feel wrong being judgemental, but some of you guys acting like there's a bunch of Christian bashing going on on this board, are totally missing the point. Most of us are Christians, but that doesn't mean if a hater of God tweets a Bible verse we have to say he's a good man. Tweeting verses does not make one a man of faith. You have to walk the walk, not just talk the talk. And you guys that claim to be Christians, ought to know this more than anybody. It's easy to show up on Sunday, but what are you doing from Monday to Saturday.

I give this post a 99 out of 100. The only glaring problem I had was he misspelled judgmental.

CadaverDawg
09-05-2014, 07:03 PM
I give this post a 99 out of 100. The only glaring problem I had was he misspelled judgmental.

Haha, I was wondering why it kept separating judge and mental. Guess you just showed me why. Doh

Alldawg
09-05-2014, 07:05 PM
The bashing is coming from the OP.
"The Holly Roller". If that is not bashing, then I apologize

Coach34
I wouldn't have pegged you as a Kevin Smith fan, Coach.

Color me impressed ;)

I'm an eclectic

BeardoMSU

That was funny, Bark.

Unfortunately for you, is that Cadaver has absolutely NO sense of humor. NONE whatsoever.

Oops, I forgot these "*****************************"

Tdawg
09-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Well this board has already established that every SEC school cheats--even gone as far as to encourage and in some cases try to organize cheating to behoove our school. So, CadaverDawg, by your rationale, no coach in the SEC, including ours, can be a Christian outwardly because they are complicit in the 'cheating' that takes place? Cheating, by the way, that is not against any laws of man or the bible--only against the rules of an organization recently judged to be in violation of antitrust laws for not allowing players to be paid.

I'm not sure if you've ever met Freeze, as have I and have known him for years, but he is genuine in his faith--imperfect but genuine. I really don't understand why we take an issue like this when, if perpetuated against ANY OTHER school our stance would be 180 degrees, and try to twist ourselves into a justifiable stance that allows us to continue bashing a man simply because of the university with which he is affiliated.

THESE types of threads are the ones that end up in recruits hands. THESE type of threads are the ones that make US look like hypocrits--not Freeze. THESE type of threads are the ones that do far more damage to the reputation of our FANS and university.

Look, I'll fall in line cheering against UMiss, toeing the company line to say the things in an effort to try and help US, but this is bullshit People like CadaverDawg should be ashamed to try and rationalize their utterly hypocritical and unjustifiable stance all in an effort to help MSU. And ironically, you're doing the exact opposite of helping us.

civilengineerdog
09-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Well this board has already established that every SEC school cheats--even gone as far as to encourage and in some cases try to organize cheating to behoove our school. So, CadaverDawg, by your rationale, no coach in the SEC, including ours, can be a Christian outwardly because they are complicit in the 'cheating' that takes place? Cheating, by the way, that is not against any laws of man or the bible--only against the rules of an organization recently judged to be in violation of antitrust laws for not allowing players to be paid.

I'm not sure if you've ever met Freeze, as have I and have known him for years, but he is genuine in his faith--imperfect but genuine. I really don't understand why we take an issue like this when, if perpetuated against ANY OTHER school our stance would be 180 degrees, and try to twist ourselves into a justifiable stance that allows us to continue bashing a man simply because of the university with which he is affiliated.

THESE types of threads are the ones that end up in recruits hands. THESE type of threads are the ones that make US look like hypocrits--not Freeze. THESE type of threads are the ones that do far more damage to the reputation of our FANS and university.

Look, I'll fall in line cheering against UMiss, toeing the company line to say the things in an effort to try and help US, but this is bullshit People like CadaverDawg should be ashamed to try and rationalize their utterly hypocritical and unjustifiable stance all in an effort to help MSU. And ironically, you're doing the exact opposite of helping us.

Good Buddy Hugh who he has known for years. Did he Baptize your kid too?

Tdawg
09-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Look man, some things go beyond the rivalry. In my opinion, this is one of them.

BeardoMSU
09-05-2014, 07:12 PM

I've shared a beer with Mullen, can you say the same about Freeze? (I'm sure you can't talk about it if you have....)

Look, nobody is removed from hypocrisy, but when you paint your football program as a bastion of Christian fail and moral fiber, you are setting yourself up for embarrassment; simple as that.

Yes, Dan tweets scripture occasionally, but it's not on the same level of indoctrination that Freeze takes it. Also, since I know Dan's an Episcopal, I suppose I generally give him the benefit of the doubt.

Edit: unless you're physically allergic to alcohol (17 that), I don't trust anyone who is too ashamed to drink a beer in public.

Coach34
09-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Freezus spouts all kinds of Christianity and throws his Faith out there to define- that's fine by me

Freezus also has boosters pay recruits to visit and encourages the party lifestyle for these recruits on visits.

I know both of these to be true. If you're gonna talk the talk- walk the walk. That's the only problem I have with him.

godlluB
09-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Ok, so back up a minute. What if MSU's next head coach is Muslim. He's a deeply religious man and wants to share his faith with his players. He organizes team events at the local Mosque. It's purely voluntary, of course. There's no way that it would affect your playing time if you missed out on that important team bonding opportunity. *wink wink*. All players will be provided with custom Adidas prayer mats, and time will be provided during each practice so players can join the coach in his daily prayers.

Or maybe a little closer to home. What if Cohen hired a Rabbi to serve the spiritual needs of the team? What if Jack Cristil had read from the Talmud during halftime?

BeardoMSU
09-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Ok, so back up a minute. What if MSU's next head coach is Muslim. He's a deeply religious man and wants to share his faith with his players. He organizes team events at the local Mosque. It's purely voluntary, of course. There's no way that it would affect your playing time if you missed out on that important team bonding opportunity. *wink wink*. All players will be provided with custom Adidas prayer mats, and time will be provided during each practice so players can join the coach in his daily prayers.

Or maybe a little closer to home. What if Cohen hired a Rabbi to serve the spiritual needs of the team? What if Jack Cristil had read from the Talmud during halftime?
Eggsactly. That's why its just easier to leave the religion for Sunday.

Bully Dee Williams
09-05-2014, 07:25 PM

This!

I am a Christian and support Christian values. However, Freeze is an employee of the state of Mississippi and his salary is in part paid for by tax money. As a person in that position, you cannot use your office to publicly promote religion. It is one thing to live a Christian lifestyle and lead by a Christ-like example while holding a public job/office, but it is something altogether different to basically proselytize when you are in that position. There is a lot of wisdom in the separation of church and state because believe it or not we're not all Christians.

Plus, Freeze is shady as heck and uses religion in a manipulative way in my opinion.

CadaverDawg
09-05-2014, 07:35 PM

Wut?? Where did you draw these conclusions. I said nothing about being openly Christian. I am a fan of that. What I'm not a fan of, is going overboard preaching something you don't practice, and using God for your personal career gain. Where you got that nonsense you claimed I meant, I have no clue.

CadaverDawg
09-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Oh and TDawg, I'm a Christian. You judging me, especially twisting my words and falsely judging me, is totally against what you claim to be about. So may want to get off your judgmental high horse and look in the mirror after reading your post to me

FlabLoser
09-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Freeze says whatever parents want to hear in front of parents, and whatever players want to hear in front of players. The same guy talking about giving it all to God and playing for God, is the guy cussing at fans in the stands,

He told an ESPN interviewer that he never cusses. Never. Not on the practice field. Not on gameday. Never.

There's a difference between a run of the mill Christian who tries to hold himself to high standard and fails from time to time vs this false teacher dude who claims something he is totally not.

Bully13
09-05-2014, 08:04 PM

It's called individual communities having the freedom to do what they want to do. I know this probably pisses you off, but the vast majority of Americans are either Christian or they don't really care about religion. In Mississippi, that "vast majority" goes way up further towards the Christian side of things. There's only a handful of college football teams that would tolerate or accept a muslim coach who pushed or offered islam teachings to their players in this country. why do the God haters feel so compelled to let the overwhelming minority rule religious freedom in this country?

How many Ole Miss players have complained about Freezus' Christianity? heh, maybe there are a few that don't like it, but if so, why did they sign? why can't they just do what they want to do and be just left the hell alone?

the problem I have with Freezus, is what he said to Richie Brown and his message seems to insinuate that God is on Ole Miss' side. that's the part that's messed up.

JDog13
09-05-2014, 08:08 PM

http://i59.tinypic.com/cjfyr.jpg

JScottDova
09-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Bingo. This has nothing to do with whether or not Freeze uses religion, it's if they use taxpayers dollars to pay their chaplain, etc.

Freeze could nip this in the bud rather easily. You're making over 2 million a year; just pay for the chaplain or whatever else yourself. Done.

It's not okay to use tax money to pay chaplains? So who pays the chaplains in the armed forces? They are officers. What about the chaplain for Congress? What about the chaplain for the Supreme Court? What about the staff at the National Cathedral? Oh wait, they must All be volunteers.

On a different note, if you are going to use the argument that he shouldn't be doing it, let's explore that a little further. Mullen tweeting once would, under the law be the same as Freeze doing it every day. One player taking a knee and "Tebowing" would be the same because they are being compensated by the state in the form of a scholarship.

I respect the people that do it when they will admit they aren't perfect or God-like, but that they strive to be. Seems to me that there are two head coaches that do that in Mississippi. There are probably more, but I know one is ours and one is theirs.

And as far as sending recruits out to screw ransoms and paying players, I would think the coach doesn't have any part of this. The see no evis, hear no evil, plausible deniability scenario. Maybe I'm wrong.

BeardoMSU
09-05-2014, 08:11 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/cjfyr.jpg

You are my hero, JDog.

BeardoMSU
09-05-2014, 08:15 PM
On a different note, if you are going to use the argument that he shouldn't be doing it, let's explore that a little further. Mullen tweeting once would, under the law be the same as Freeze doing it every day. One player taking a knee and "Tebowing" would be the same because they are being compensated by the state in the form of a scholarship.

Uh, Tebow going to one knee to pray is fine; that's his choice, he's not being forced, one way or the other. The team's coach "persuading" the team to do it together, is something all together different.

And the military also makes available chaplains of other faiths, so I guess they at least attempt to be fair.

Tdawg
09-05-2014, 08:19 PM
It's not okay to use tax money to pay chaplains? So who pays the chaplains in the armed forces? They are officers. What about the chaplain for Congress? What about the chaplain for the Supreme Court? What about the staff at the National Cathedral? Oh wait, they must All be volunteers.

I respect the people that do it when they will admit they aren't perfect or God-like, but that they strive to be. Seems to me that there are two head coaches that do that in Mississippi. There are probably more, but I know one is ours and one is theirs.

And as far as sending recruits out to screw ransoms and paying players, I would think the coach doesn't have any part of this. The see no evis, hear no evil, plausible deniability scenario. Maybe I'm wrong.

THIS^^^^

BrunswickDawg
09-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Just to throw a little more food for thought.....
Isn't what many are doing idolatry?? In the scripture it talks about placing people/objects/ideas ahead of or equal with God as being one if the great evils of the Old Testament? To me, using religion as a motivating force for a team is fine. It's when you get that "mission creep" and place anything as trivial as football on a level with God that you begin to have problems.

Political Hack
09-05-2014, 08:24 PM
I hope some of y'all didn't go to State. Otherwise Freeze may fear for your soul.

BeardoMSU
09-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Isn't what many are doing idolatry?? In the scripture it talks about placing people/objects/ideas ahead of or equal with God as being one if the great evils of the Old Testament? To me, using religion as a motivating force for a team is fine. It's when you get that "mission creep" and place anything as trivial as football on a level with God that you begin to have problems.

Indeed. After all, we're talking about football here; a sport, a game, something we play/watch/talk about for fun. In other parts of the world people go to sleep every night worrying about their children dying from disease, starvation, and racial/religious cleansing.

Perspective, people...it's one of our greatest gifts.

BeardoMSU
09-05-2014, 08:25 PM
I hope some of y'all didn't go to State. Otherwise Freeze may fear for your soul.

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/153/63/1063153.gif

Mjoelner34
09-05-2014, 08:26 PM
The thing that stands out to me about this is that it shows Coach34 knows somebody in Madison, WI. After all, I'm sure that he and Elitedawgs are behind it all. **

Political Hack
09-05-2014, 08:29 PM
It's called individual communities having the freedom to do what they want to do. I know this probably pisses you off, but the vast majority of Americans are either Christian or they don't really care about religion. In Mississippi, that "vast majority" goes way up further towards the Christian side of things. There's only a handful of college football teams that would tolerate or accept a muslim coach who pushed or offered islam teachings to their players in this country. why do the God haters feel so compelled to let the overwhelming minority rule religious freedom in this country?

How many Ole Miss players have complained about Freezus' Christianity? heh, maybe there are a few that don't like it, but if so, why did they sign? why can't they just do what they want to do and be just left the hell alone?

the problem I have with Freezus, is what he said to Richie Brown and his message seems to insinuate that God is on Ole Miss' side. that's the part that's messed up.

"religious freedom" only happens irrespective of majority or minority rule.

RougeDawg
09-05-2014, 08:53 PM

Well thank God we are born with an abundance of brain cells, because I lose a few thousand reading this. What are you rambling about? Nobody is criticizing Prophet Beavs faith. We are simply reiterating the many times he has been hypoctitical. How he talks a talk and walks a different walk. How he talks about living a Christian lifestyle, but condones recruiting parties with provided alcohol and coeds. How he tells thy followers to turn ones cheek, then attempts to go in the stands after one of his own. How he uses social medial to berate any recruit or player who decommits or transfers away from his program or class, but instructs his bag men to target every other teams top recruits. How he preaches a family atmosphere of accountability, but is yet to suspend a player for drug/alcohol arrests, fighting, and yelling anti gay slurs at a school sponsored function.

Everything about the guy tells the objective observer that Hugh is just a dog and long show. If you send me the coordinates of that rock you are living under I'll send a rescue team over to save you. It's either this or you are just as delusional as the bears. Or you are a bear. No way a rational, logical minded individual would not be able to see Hypoctite Hugh's true colors by now. I and a few others have had him pegged since day one.

FlabLoser
09-05-2014, 08:58 PM

Like insisting that COACH HUGH FREEZE baptize as certain person's son. As if getting baptized isn't enough. There's one human on the planet who just has to be the one to do it. The Ole Miss Football coach needs to put a little hotty toddy into it.

Political Hack
09-05-2014, 09:13 PM
if I ever make it to heaven and hear an angel say "hotty toddy," I'll quickly be escorted to hell.

BrunswickDawg
09-05-2014, 09:16 PM
if I ever make it to heaven and hear an angel say "hotty toddy," I'll quickly be escorted to hell.

If I can't ring my cowbell in heaven, then I guess I'll be right there with you.

BulldogDX55
09-05-2014, 09:44 PM
If I can't ring my cowbell in heaven, then I guess I'll be right there with you.

I doubt that will be a problem. If the old saying is true, then Mississippi State fans are responsible for more angels getting their wings than any other institution.

BrunswickDawg
09-05-2014, 09:52 PM
I doubt that will be a problem. If the old saying is true, then Mississippi State fans are responsible for more angels getting their wings than any other institution.
+1

GrassOfDWS
09-05-2014, 10:05 PM
The Bible is pretty clear. Everything we do should be to glorify and honor God. Do I think some of the things he says he does to glorify God are more to glorify himself or his football team? Yes. Am I guilty of similar infractions? Yes. Whether he likes it or not, or if anyone else likes it or not, since he is the coach of an SEC school that can be pretty high profile, his life and things he says will come under much more scrutiny than myself or any of us. I think he sometimes forgets that and goes overboard.

CadaverDawg
09-05-2014, 10:15 PM
The Bible is pretty clear. Everything we do should be to glorify and honor God. Do I think some of the things he says he does to glorify God are more to glorify himself or his football team? Yes. Am I guilty of similar infractions? Yes. Whether he likes it or not, or if anyone else likes it or not, since he is the coach of an SEC school that can be pretty high profile, his life and things he says will come under much more scrutiny than myself or any of us. I think he sometimes forgets that and goes overboard.

Excellent post. Totally agree

joedog
09-05-2014, 10:18 PM
http://s12.postimg.org/kytm2fu4t/wolf_in_sheeps_clothing1.jpg

RougeDawg
09-05-2014, 10:32 PM

You almost owed me a beer for this one.... Took all I had not to spray my screen.

BeardoMSU
09-05-2014, 10:34 PM

Replace that wolf's head with a beaver, and you've got artwork worthy of the Louvre.

Mutt the Hoople
09-05-2014, 11:18 PM
I think Freeze is trying to do what Bobby Bowden did at Florida State....be a good solid Baptist who mamas wanted their babies to play for, while the boosters and other characters did the dirty work of paying players, getting the players out of trouble, getting their girlfriends abortions, etc.

Problem is, Florida State is a major university with limitless resources, while ole miss is a division 2 school trying to make the big time and there's not as many layers of deniability there as there is at Florida St.

Goat Holder
09-05-2014, 11:34 PM
Replace that wolf's head with a beaver, and you've got artwork worthy of the Louvre.

Then it wouldn't have the same appeal. 'Wolf in sheeps clothing' is the saying I believe

Goat Holder
09-05-2014, 11:36 PM
I think Freeze is trying to do what Bobby Bowden did at Florida State....be a good solid Baptist who mamas wanted their babies to play for, while the boosters and other characters did the dirty work of paying players, getting the players out of trouble, getting their girlfriends abortions, etc.

Problem is, Florida State is a major university with limitless resources, while ole miss is a division 2 school trying to make the big time and there's not as many layers of deniability there as there is at Florida St.

FSU is nothing more than USM in a heavily populated state

Liverpooldawg
09-05-2014, 11:41 PM
When you are using Christianity to sell something else that is a sin. If you are using something else to sell Christianity it isn't. I won't judge Freeze on this because in all honesty I don't think any human can. The Lord WILL judge it however. That is between Freeze and him.

SDDawg
09-05-2014, 11:53 PM
Bottom line to the Christians on this thread: if you believe Freeze and his religious talk, you've been duped. His actions speak louder than his words, he doesn't act like a man of faith. He simply talks like one. HUGE difference.

joedog
09-05-2014, 11:57 PM
Then it wouldn't have the same appeal. 'Wolf in sheeps clothing' is the saying I believe

Exactly, but the wolf is part beaver as it has the beavers teeth.

OurState
09-06-2014, 03:28 AM

So your saying he's Bobby Bowden without the talent?
All college football coaches are self interested snake oil salesmen getting rich on the back of kids.
The religious ones are particularly offensive.

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-06-2014, 08:49 AM
Every person in this thread idolizes football. Yall are all going to hell. I doubt yall spend as much time on the christian message board as here. Id also bet that all yall watch or attend more football a week than church or bible reading. Everyone is hypocrites. People who say faith is their most important thing are usually lying. Actions speak louder than words.

I vaguely know Freeze. He is a good "christian" man. Does he know what goes on? Id guess so but that will go on regardless. Freeze's faith has no real bearing on his team. When they walk out of that locker room, theyre teenagers that still drink, smoke weed and get girls pregnant. Nothing can stop that.

Edit - back to the article. Did anyone actually read it? This is basically the school prayer crap. If you cant understand why either shouldnt go on, me explaining it wont help. It has been explained in this thread.

Edit 2 - Deleted. Nm

Political Hack
09-06-2014, 09:17 AM
I personally see more moral issues with limiting a prospects ability to prosper off of their skills than the other way around. I think the NCAA is as morally corrupt as any organization in the country. Confusing "christianity" with someone's willingness to overstep ludicrous NCAA regulations is absurd. I don't think Jesus will scold you for giving a recruit a bagel with cream cheese on it... and I've felt that way for years.