PDA

View Full Version : Here's a fun stat

CJDAWG85
09-05-2014, 02:14 PM
The Psycho Defense has only allowed 1 offensive TD in the last 13 quarters. That's pretty damn good.

Political Hack
09-05-2014, 02:21 PM
here's another fun one. Our special teams has scored as many TDs as our defense has given up over the last 3 games.

Coach34
09-05-2014, 02:24 PM
I talked alot last year about us being inexperienced to start the season- then injuries piling up on D early on. Once we started getting healthy and some experience, our D was really damn good. Since the Kentucky game, we really have been a very good D sans A&M.

ShotgunDawg
09-05-2014, 02:32 PM
I talked alot last year about us being inexperienced to start the season- then injuries piling up on D early on. Once we started getting healthy and some experience, our D was really damn good. Since the Kentucky game, we really have been a very good D sans A&M.

We gave up a lot of points against A&M, but, honestly, that's the game that sold me that we had the chance to be special on defense. We blew some coverages in that game that led to long scores, but we got to and contained Manziel as well as any team in the country did and, if I remember correctly, pretty much stuffed their running game as well. LSU and Missouri did very well against A&M last year as well, but I can't help but wonder if Collins gave them the gameplan. A&M had some short fields due to special teams issues and turning the ball over, but our defense caused A&M some big problems.

The week before that A&M we caused South Carolina to have more 3 and outs than anyone did last year. Although, we lost both games, I think those two weeks gave our players a ton of confidence that they could compete with anyone.

Goat Holder
09-05-2014, 02:39 PM
I can't wait to see the D against LSU. From what I saw of them Saturday I don't really think they'll threaten us outside a big play. So IF (huge if) we can score 21 or so on them, I think we win. Obviously this assumes we don't do any stupid ST shit, which is where LSU's depth helps them. Kick it out of the end zone, Mullen.

messageboardsuperhero
09-05-2014, 02:47 PM
I also remember a lot of those points we gave up to A&M were off either the special teams or offense giving A&M good field position. And didn't they get seven points off a blocked punt in the end zone?

Man, thinking about it now reminds me just how awful our ST was last season. We've got to be better than that now.