PDA

View Full Version : Derek Sherrod

Dallas_Dawg
09-04-2014, 09:50 PM
Derek entered the game in the first half due to GB's right tackle getting injured. He's been beaten for sacks twice here in the 3rd quarter. Granted, Seattles rush ends that beat him are beasts, but I sure would like to see him do well. Great guy from all accounts but has struggled when not injured since he's been in the league.

thf24
09-04-2014, 11:29 PM
If I remember correctly, several scouting reports when he was a senior said that he was dominant in college through sheer size and athleticism, but might struggle in the pros because he lacked enough of a mean streak, and tonight seemed to reflect that. Regardless, he needs to have the chance to string a good chunk of a season together before being judged. I really hope he can improve and succeed.

FlabLoser
09-05-2014, 07:00 AM
He did OK. Giving up 2 sacks in his 1st game back against one if the best DEs is not bad.

BeastMan
09-05-2014, 07:11 AM
On Mike and Mike they said he struggled today. Shannon Sharpe was critical of the scheme though. Said they should have went dbl TE more to help out

Coach34
09-05-2014, 08:59 AM
Sherrod was a good Dawg- but he got abused last night

Political Hack
09-05-2014, 09:14 AM
he struggled, but it was his first action in a long time against potentially the best defense in the NFL. Nowhere to go but up based on that. Also, I think he's an OG in the NFL... He's not going to be able to consistently get in his drops and stop a Clowney or Watt type DE. I'd use him as a #6 swingman, which is essentially what GB did last night.

Coach34
09-05-2014, 02:25 PM
Yeah- with the leg troubles- Guard may indeed be his new home