PDA

View Full Version : Watching the Chucky ******* special on the SEC network got me to wondering

Mjoelner34
09-04-2014, 07:38 PM
if I could remember what I was doing that day when I found out about him. I remember when it happened, I just didn't remember if I was at a game that day or not. Turns out that I wasn't. We were at Auburn that day.

Looking at our schedule that year, we were at USM, at Georgia, at Florida, at Auburn, at Alabama and at LSU then we were in Jackson vs. Ole Miss. Bear Bryant, Joe Pa, Knute Rockne, Pete Carroll and Nick Saban would get their asses kicked with that schedule! At least our athletic budget was in the black.

Todd4State
09-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Heck, who did we play in Starkville? Memphis State?

Bully Dee Williams
09-04-2014, 08:05 PM
That was back in the stone ages before the reign of the Kang. We played almost all of our home games in Jackson and the SEC could have cared less if we played that brutal schedule. It is crazy that we played those road games, though.

Goat Holder
09-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Ole Miss' schedule usually consisted of MSU, LSU, Tennessee and Arkansas. Then a bunch of lollypops.

State82
09-04-2014, 08:50 PM
Just watched it myself. I don't know if its been on before but that was my first time to see it regardless. Man, that was tough to watch. Of course, I knew the story but not a lot of the details regarding Gaines and its long term effect in his life. Really great documentary.

Tdawg
09-04-2014, 11:34 PM
They played Florida, Georgia, LSU, Alabama, MSU, Tennessee, and Vanderbilt. Also played Arkansas in non-conference. Played 3 of those SEC games in the road. They're other 3 NC games were Memphis, Tulane and Arkansas St.

That year we played Vandy, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, Bama, LSU and Ole Miss. In NC we played ULM, Tulane, Memphis and USM.

So, in conference we had the exact same schedule except they had Tennessee and we had Auburn. OOC we had ULM and USM while they had Arkansas and Arkansas St.

Not sure how a discussion of Chucky digressed into an SOS discussion, but I don't think we have any room to brag on SOS in 1989.

BulldogBear
09-05-2014, 06:55 AM
The ******* filter still works I see