PDA

View Full Version : This week sets up good for the Shump fans.

Leroy Jenkins
09-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Probably wont run the "banged-up" QB much, and Shump will be ready to make amends for missing a week. JRob may not work too much in the 2nd half and we will be in "kill the clock" mode.

mstatefan91
09-04-2014, 06:42 PM
I want Shump to get some reps with the first team. Most of the time he comes in at goal line or with the second team.

Todd4State
09-04-2014, 06:50 PM
If Robinson and Shumpert are good enough to split carries, it's a good thing. The only question is if Shumpert is good enough to do so.

CadaverDawg
09-04-2014, 06:53 PM
Aren't we all Shump fans? (Except Goat)

Leroy Jenkins
09-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Aren't we all Shump fans? (Except Goat)

Some more than others. There are those who think he should be playing Safety.

HailState39110
09-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Shump is great around the goaline. He is the type of back the could average 20 rushing yards and 2 TDs a game .

Todd4State
09-04-2014, 07:42 PM
Shump is great around the goaline. He is the type of back the could average 20 rushing yards and 2 TDs a game .

Or 80-100 if given enough carries. Just because you are a tall running back that initiates contact, it doesn't mean that you are going to be less successful. See Eric Dickerson, who was a tall running back even though Shumpert is no Dickerson.

If you combine Shumpert's physicality with Robinson's, that's a really good tandem. And one thing I loved about Jackie- since I've shared many things that I don't like- was when he would have two big, physical running backs like Michael Davis and Kevin Bouie. If you combine two physical backs with what Dak can do, that's pretty scary.

Leroy Jenkins
09-05-2014, 10:36 AM
Or 80-100 if given enough carries. Just because you are a tall running back that initiates contact, it doesn't mean that you are going to be less successful.

Calling it now. At least 85 on the ground for Shump.

UMCDawg16
09-05-2014, 10:40 AM
I'm proud to say I'm a Shump fan. The guy is a beast and is going to surprise some people.

msstate7
09-05-2014, 10:58 AM
I love shump. I want him to get carries bc of his physicality. Tackling him will wear down defenses

archdog
09-05-2014, 02:02 PM
I don't care if we pull a band member out of the stands, if they hang on to the ball, break arm tackles, fight for first downs, and score then we are going to alright.
Shump last year was like a long ball hitter. Sitting dead red on every opportunity. Looking to show off. Now with a year under his belt, I hope he can gain those extra couple of yards by running to daylight and knowing when to punish people versus getting skinny to gain an extra yard or two.

Our RB, as most everyone can agree, is looking to be in good shape. Aeris is going to add to this dimension and we have a couple more guys coming in next year that will also add to it. Mullen is recruiting well on this position.

msstate7
09-05-2014, 02:06 PM
I don't care if we pull a band member out of the stands, if they hang on to the ball, break arm tackles, fight for first downs, and score then we are going to alright.
Shump last year was like a long ball hitter. Sitting dead red on every opportunity. Looking to show off. Now with a year under his belt, I hope he can gain those extra couple of yards by running to daylight and knowing when to punish people versus getting skinny to gain an extra yard or two.

Our RB, as most everyone can agree, is looking to be in good shape. Aeris is going to add to this dimension and we have a couple more guys coming in next year that will also add to it. Mullen is recruiting well on this position.

Has anyone seen nick Gibson? Does he have a 2nd gear to break long runs?

Ralph
09-05-2014, 02:15 PM
I love shump. I want him to get carries bc of his physicality. Tackling him will wear down defenses

Shump should watch M. Lynch run the ball over and over bc he has that same type potential to be tough guy to bring down. Love shump

SDDawg
09-05-2014, 03:07 PM
Shump is a great football player. I think there are 4 or 5 spots on the field where he could be effective for us, I love his tenacity and physicality. I think his ceiling is much higher than what most think, hopefully he'll show some of that this weekend.