PDA

View Full Version : Dak "banged up" - Will play per Bonner

chef dixon
09-04-2014, 03:35 PM
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/mississippistatesports/2014/09/04/msu-dak-prescott-foot-injury/15084371/

NorCalDawg
09-04-2014, 03:38 PM
"A person close to Dak Prescott told The Clarion-Ledger the quarterback sustained a foot injury in practice this week." CL journalism at its finest.

TrapGame
What?!! Obviously Bonner doesn't know a damn thing!!! ******************

Lloyd Christmas
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/mississippistatesports/2014/09/04/msu-dak-prescott-foot-injury/15084371/

Good deal. Hope this isn't a trend though..

fishwater99
09-04-2014, 03:45 PM
"I think we were running the ball well with our backs, and when they're running well I'd rather feed them than Dak," Mullen said.

Bully Dee Williams
09-04-2014, 03:46 PM
How do we know Bonner is telling the truth? I want to see some proof.****

CadaverDawg
09-04-2014, 03:49 PM
So does Bonner have an injury?*

mstatefan91
09-04-2014, 03:55 PM
Guys I think Bonner has a head injury (at least that's what a friend told me). You probably shouldn't believe that article!

RossDawg82
09-04-2014, 04:01 PM
why not?

mstatefan91
09-04-2014, 04:11 PM
why not?

Are you asking me? I'm confused

Todd4State
09-04-2014, 04:13 PM
"A person close to Dak Prescott told The Clarion-Ledger the quarterback sustained a foot injury in practice this week." CL journalism at its finest.

I wonder if his source is EliteDawgs?

RougeDawg
09-04-2014, 04:16 PM
I've heard from a reliable source that injury was sustained practice in non contact drill where he slightly rolled his ankle, supposedly stepping on someone's foot. Not sure why his ankles weren't taped but that's a different issue. He should play Saturday, but I'd expect less than what he played against the Buzzards. About 4-6 crisp drives and he will be done. Not to worry boys, we will be fine, and our backups will be getting quality reps along the way.

Dawgface
09-04-2014, 04:17 PM
I hope we get a good early lead then let Williams take over.

MafiaDawg
09-04-2014, 04:20 PM
How stupid do some of you feel right now? Probably not stupid enough. I would expect him to play however much is necessary to win the game handily. I think he needs the reps anyway.

mstatefan91
09-04-2014, 04:23 PM
How stupid do some of you feel right now? Probably not stupid enough. I would expect him to play however much is necessary to win the game handily. I think he needs the reps anyway.

This is the internet. Welcome aboard

TheRef
09-04-2014, 04:34 PM
This is the internet. Welcome aboard

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6935829504/h2227FB0C/

yjnkdawg
09-04-2014, 04:36 PM
Has Bonner being reading ELITEDAWGS and SPS message boards?

Bully Dee Williams
09-04-2014, 04:44 PM
I have a feeling this is just phase one of the epic season long MSU messageboard bipolar breakdown that I call "Dakpocalypse."

Political Hack
09-04-2014, 04:58 PM
so... it seems like Beast was right that there was some potentially bad news on the horizon, yet everyone wants to point fingers still??? I don't get it.

mstatefan91
09-04-2014, 05:01 PM
so... it seems like Beast was right that there was some potentially bad news on the horizon, yet everyone wants to point fingers still??? I don't get it.

Who's pointing fingers? I think everybody is ok now (for the most part).

Goat Holder
09-04-2014, 05:03 PM
He was right about bad news, just wrong about the actual player. It's not Dak and has never been Dak. Or Bear. Nothing special about that.

Bear@Work
09-04-2014, 05:08 PM
I still feel like we should hold him out this weekend. I'd rather have him rested for LSU than have an ongoing nagging injury. If we are going to do what we expect this year, we should be able to beat the Blazers by 15 without 15.

FlabLoser
09-04-2014, 05:14 PM
I hope Williams gets some reps in the game with the 1st team. Would also like to see our 3rd stringer getting 2nd half reps..whoever our 3rd stringer is.

Its is Fitz or Staley? I know Staley said he was RSing. But it could be either one IMO.

Political Hack
09-04-2014, 05:23 PM
He was right about bad news, just wrong about the actual player. It's not Dak and has never been Dak. Or Bear. Nothing special about that.

I don't know that we've gotten clarification on Bear. And Dak is banged up... as is MoJo.

ShotgunDawg
09-04-2014, 05:24 PM
I still feel like we should hold him out this weekend. I'd rather have him rested for LSU than have an ongoing nagging injury. If we are going to do what we expect this year, we should be able to beat the Blazers by 15 without 15.

First off, you don't know the severity of the injury, so your opinion is irrelevant

Secondly, you really want our starting QB to not play for three weeks before going to LSU? The game doesn't work tht way. Dak needs to play.

War Machine Dawg
09-04-2014, 05:29 PM

Beast is still a douchenozzle for making that post. I don't care if he's a mod or not. Kinda like we all supposedly learned in elementary school, if you can't share with the class then don't bring it. Plus, Beast's post was so vague it's the ultimate way to be right no matter what happens. I have no respect for that BS. If you've got info, say it. Posts like that should get you banned, mod or not.

mstatefan91
09-04-2014, 05:31 PM
Beast is still a douchenozzle for making that post. I don't care if he's a mod or not. Kinda like we all supposedly learned in middle school, if you can't share with the class then don't bring it. Plus, Beast's post was so vague it's the ultimate way to be right no matter what happens. I have no respect for that BS. If you've got info, say it. Posts like that should get you banned, mod or not.

He was correct. I talked to him in private before the Clarion Ledger article came out. He just didn't feel comfortable telling everybody at one time I suppose

MrKotter
09-04-2014, 05:34 PM

Have not seen anyone pointing fingers. Just several upset about the childish manner the info was brought to the boards attention. The "I know something you don't know" horseshit a few on here (mods included) like to pull is 17ing stupid.

Political Hack
09-04-2014, 05:50 PM
so, half a meltdown early in the week is worse than a full meltdown later in the week?

BulldogBear
09-04-2014, 06:05 PM
Idk about all this but I do know a whole bunch of people that have chronic buttpain.

#eggbowl #butthurt

Political Hack
09-04-2014, 06:26 PM
Idk about all this but I do know a whole bunch of people that have chronic buttpain.

#eggbowl #butthurt

I like where your heads at.

NorCalDawg
09-04-2014, 06:43 PM
so, half a meltdown early in the week is worse than a full meltdown later in the week?

Yes. It's a meltdown strategy management technique currently being employed by many of the more progressive message boards nowadays. I like it.**

Political Hack
09-04-2014, 06:46 PM
Yes. It's a meltdown strategy management technique currently being employed by many of the more progressive message boards nowadays. I like it.**

I can't stop looking at your avatar.

NorCalDawg
09-04-2014, 06:49 PM
I can't stop looking at your avatar.

'Bad Buddha' by Mark Bryan. Dude does some mind-blowing stuff.

http://www.artofmarkbryan.com

Bully Dee Williams
09-04-2014, 07:00 PM
The best way to avoid any (mini or not) meltdown and minimize speculation is to not really say anything publicly until facts are established. Lets be honest no one knew anything certain when that thread was started. Heck, no one knows anything for certain right now. Yesterday made every MSU messageboard look silly.

BulldogBear
09-04-2014, 07:03 PM
I was thinking a more en vogue take on Jabba the Hut and Leia

engie
09-04-2014, 07:05 PM

No -- what it actually accomplished was a full meltdown -- and a bunch of negative, useless speculation that gives a bunch of people just the nudge they needed in order to share every bit of dirt they had heard on us in the past 6 months -- most of which was better left unsaid and off the boards. Our team has answered a shitload of questions about stuff that shouldn't have been a distraction this week -- and I'm just talking about the BS that's been aired in speculation -- not the parts that were true.

Either say it or don't is my thought. Causing a meltdown with wild speculation is the absolute worst case scenario for us.

mstatefan91
09-04-2014, 07:08 PM
No -- what it actually accomplished was a full meltdown -- and a bunch of negative, useless speculation that gives a bunch of people just the nudge they needed in order to share every bit of dirt they had heard on us in the past 6 months -- most of which was better left unsaid and off the boards. Our team has answered a shitload of questions about stuff that shouldn't have been a distraction this week -- and I'm just talking about the BS that's been aired in speculation -- not the parts that were true.

Either say it or don't is my thought. Causing a meltdown with wild speculation is the absolute worst case scenario for us.

I haven't seen any dirt.. Guess I'm looking in the wrong places or in the wrong way....

I do agree that it was a very unnecessary distraction to our team.

Bully Dee Williams
09-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Mullen just said this on Dawg Talk,"Dak practiced today and is fine. A lot of time this kind of thing gets blown out of proportion."

NorCalDawg
09-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Beat me to it Bully Dee.

Political Hack
09-04-2014, 07:33 PM

I just don't see the harm in discussing something that's going to be news in 24 hours regardless. If it's coming, it's coming. I can see why some people don't like the generalize statements that cause rampant speculation, but this is a message board... it happens.

mstatefan91
09-04-2014, 07:37 PM
Mullen just said this on Dawg Talk,"Dak practiced today and is fine. A lot of time this kind of thing gets blown out of proportion."

Do you have actual proof that he said this?????********************************

Todd4State
09-04-2014, 07:38 PM

I suspect this is why Dan doesn't like to talk about injuries.

Lloyd Christmas
09-04-2014, 07:39 PM

Hell yea I'm still pointing the finger. How is this not clear? It wasn't the act of posting a rumor that made him a douche..it's the fact that he didn't give any context except BAD NEWS and left everyone to speculate and act nuts. It was the boiler plate Troll move. What he should've said:

"Guys, heard there may be an injury to one of our starters..can't say for sure yet, may be bullshit."

How hard is that?

If he had just been clearer in his message instead of make a dead Indian joke people would've never gotten on his case.

mstatefan91
09-04-2014, 07:39 PM
I suspect this is why Dan doesn't like to talk about injuries.

Probably so. Nobody ever makes it through a football season unscathed.

sandwolf
09-04-2014, 08:03 PM
I just don't see the harm in discussing something that's going to be news in 24 hours regardless. If it's coming, it's coming. I can see why some people don't like the generalize statements that cause rampant speculation, but this is a message board... it happens.

When somebody comes to the board and posts, "hey everybody, i know something that yall dont know and i am not going to tell yall what it is but its not good so just be ready!" everybody is going to let him know what an attention starved douche bag he is. Now i can see why people might not like being called out for being an attention starved douche bag, but this is a message board....it happens.

engie
09-04-2014, 08:12 PM

That's the problem -- it wasn't "discussing something that's going to be in the news in 24 hours" -- it was "nah nah, I know something you don't know" -- which brought out an assload of rampant speculation about what it could be, which includes most of the negative things people heard internally about the team in the past couple of months -- ZERO of which is positive for MSU in any way and does nothing but serve the ego of whoever started the thread. It fails one of the basic missions of this board.

I think free is a great poster overall. Tremendous poster. But he messed up with that thread.

Lloyd Christmas
09-04-2014, 08:16 PM
That's the problem -- it wasn't "discussing something that's going to be in the news in 24 hours" -- it was "nah nah, I know something you don't know" -- which brought out an assload of rampant speculation about what it could be, which includes most of the negative things people heard internally about the team in the past couple of months -- ZERO of which is positive for MSU in any way and does nothing but serve the ego of whoever started the thread. It fails one of the basic missions of this board.

I think free is a great poster overall. Tremendous poster. But he messed up with that thread.

Amen brother. See my post above.

MarketingBully01
09-04-2014, 08:18 PM

I completely agree Engie. This is the worst rumor mill shit our fans have spewed this week in a while and probably only 15% of the shit will turn out true and I am not talking about this site but ALL the MSU sites.

Coach34
09-04-2014, 08:29 PM
ok...

Dakota is sore
MoJo's has a hand and could sit as precaution
Bear according to people I know is likely to sit a couple weeks

Robbie 247 is towing the company line so he doesnt get kicked in the nuts by Mullen

Goat Holder
09-04-2014, 08:30 PM
I don't know that we've gotten clarification on Bear. And Dak is banged up... as is MoJo.

You don't get it.

I don't need clarification from this board, or anywhere else. Malcolm Johnson is injured. Dak and Bear are not. The stupid rumors that came up yesterday were about MoJo, and I have no clue how Dak and Bear got dragged into it. Just proves that all this board's wannabe info guys are FOS. Nothing more, nothing less.

codeDawg
09-04-2014, 10:41 PM
ok...

Dakota is sore
MoJo's has a hand and could sit as precaution
Bear according to people I know is likely to sit a couple weeks

Robbie 247 is towing the company line so he doesnt get kicked in the nuts by Mullen

Geez. If we freaked out like this every time Relf had a boo-boo we would have brought down the internet in MS.

tupelopix
09-04-2014, 10:49 PM
Geez. If we freaked out like this every time Relf had a boo-boo we would have brought down the internet in MS.

Relf was one tough SOB. He played several games with broken ribs and took direct shots to them. When I had a broken rib, it hurt to sleep. Much less get hit by an SEC linebacker.

thf24
09-04-2014, 11:04 PM
Beast is still a douchenozzle for making that post. I don't care if he's a mod or not. Kinda like we all supposedly learned in elementary school, if you can't share with the class then don't bring it. Plus, Beast's post was so vague it's the ultimate way to be right no matter what happens. I have no respect for that BS. If you've got info, say it. Posts like that should get you banned, mod or not.

Beast has always been a class act so I'm not going to hold this one time against him, but I agree that if you've got info and you decide to post any of it, post all of it. Hinting at a rumor instead of just sharing the rumor doesn't soften the blow, it only causes greater and wilder hysteria. Without fail, as this instance clearly proved.

preachermatt83
09-04-2014, 11:05 PM

i agree with this.. completely .

preachermatt83
09-04-2014, 11:07 PM
what did Lloyd Christmas get banned for? just curious. I disagree with him on this issue for the most part but he is usually a very good poster.

Coach34
09-05-2014, 07:55 AM
what did Lloyd Christmas get banned for? just curious. I disagree with him on this issue for the most part but he is usually a very good poster.

He's on a short vacay for something. All is well

hells bells
09-05-2014, 09:47 AM

Never thought I would need a beer and a Xanax before noon and a day before game day. Cheers and down the hatch.

Political Hack
09-05-2014, 09:51 AM
You don't get it.

I don't need clarification from this board, or anywhere else. Malcolm Johnson is injured. Dak and Bear are not. The stupid rumors that came up yesterday were about MoJo, and I have no clue how Dak and Bear got dragged into it. Just proves that all this board's wannabe info guys are FOS. Nothing more, nothing less.

uhhh... you're wrong. Dak is banged up, at a minimum and as much as has been confirmed through normal media sources that spoke directly with our head coach.

BulldogBear
09-05-2014, 10:37 AM
Banged up or not,

Dak = Bard the Bowman

Die, dragons, die.

MarketingBully01
09-05-2014, 11:00 AM
uhhh... you're wrong. Dak is banged up, at a minimum and as much as has been confirmed through normal media sources that spoke directly with our head coach.

Dak is banged up sure but you could also say that about 80% of all football players after the first week. Shit, I am sure half the A&M team is banged up after their USCe game. Banged up is a big difference from sprained foot and out 3-4 weeks which is what all the assholes were saying (not Beast) not to mention Bear will play this weekend so really the only rumor that was even remotely on the mark was Malcolm Johnson with his hand and even that was over blown since he will be back in a couple of weeks. Heck, you could probably say Bo Dirt is banged up as well. It's just the nature of football.

MarketingBully01
09-05-2014, 11:06 AM
Also I thought Bonner's article was crap. He is a journalist and should be held to a higher standard then message board super heros spouting rumors of things they heard.

BeastMan
09-05-2014, 11:12 AM
Also I thought Bonner's article was crap. He is a journalist and should be held to a higher standard then message board super heros spouting rumors of things they heard.

Why? B/c he quoted sources? You realize that a media without sources is communism level reporting right? I'm not a huge Bonner fan but I have no problem with what he wrote.

RougeDawg
09-05-2014, 11:18 AM

Yea, heard he was on his way to Aspen to deliver some briefcase.

MarketingBully01
09-05-2014, 11:22 AM
Why? B/c he quoted sources? You realize that a media without sources is communism level reporting right? I'm not a huge Bonner fan but I have no problem with what he wrote.

Yes but shouldn't this source be Dak or Dan themselves and not a source "close to Dak"? And in reporting you used to need at least three sources to confirm your reporting. I just don't think an article like that needs to be written especially since it really didn't do anything. Dak will play but we knew that. Dak is banged up and we knew that.

preachermatt83
09-05-2014, 11:26 AM

10/4

preachermatt83
09-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Yea, heard he was on his way to Aspen to deliver some briefcase.

NICE! Wonder who all caught that.