PDA

View Full Version : Bulldog Backer with great news on his cancer battle!

FlabLoser
09-04-2014, 10:28 AM
Backer posted this over on 247

Dr. Carlstromm, Chief of Interventional Radiology at Mayo Clinic came by to see me in my hospital bed and informed me that the cryotherapy of the cancer in my gut was 100% successful! He said they killed it all. He used 3 probes to pump the freezing gas into the tumor (and pull out the remains) and even cancelled the MRI I was scheduled to have in the morning, because he was so confident in the success. Thank you my friends and fellow Bulldogs for your thoughts and prayers!

God is good.

DownwardDawg
09-04-2014, 10:50 AM
Outstanding news!!!!!

MrKotter
09-04-2014, 10:54 AM
That is great news.

CadaverDawg
09-04-2014, 10:59 AM
God is Good, indeed. Great news

Political Hack
09-04-2014, 11:01 AM
awesome. happy for Backer. he's a great dawg.

ScoobaDawg
09-04-2014, 11:43 AM
Backer is a hoot to have a discussion with about MSU sports and im glad he is still gonna be around kicking to do such.

drunkernhelldawg
09-04-2014, 01:03 PM
I'm a fan of the certain, individualistic voice of Backer. Glad he's recovering.

starkvegasdawg
09-04-2014, 01:28 PM
Finally, some news about someone being healthy again on this board. Great to hear he's better.

War Machine Dawg
09-04-2014, 01:41 PM
That's amazing!

preachermatt83
09-04-2014, 02:38 PM
PTL!! GOD is GOOD!

BulldogBacker
09-04-2014, 02:57 PM
I had a percutaneous cryoablation of my pancreatic cancer. It went wonderfully well! The interventional radiologist put three probes into the tumor through my belly and pumped freezing gas into the tumor creating an ice ball of it. I spent that night in St. Mary's Hospital (part of Mayo Clinic) and was released this morning at 10:00. I have virtually no pain, no diet restrictions or physical restrictions at all. This is a pioneering procedure and I was lucky to have a well defined tumor. Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers!

CadaverDawg
09-04-2014, 02:59 PM
I had a percutaneous cryoablation of my pancreatic cancer. It went wonderfully well! The interventional radiologist put three probes into the tumor through my belly and pumped freezing gas into the tumor creating an ice ball of it. I spent that night in St. Mary's Hospital (part of Mayo Clinic) and was released this morning at 10:00. I have virtually no pain, no diet restrictions or physical restrictions at all. This is a pioneering procedure and I was lucky to have a well defined tumor. Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers!

That's awesome, Backer. Congrats man. Can anybody have this procedure? Or is it still in the "experimental" phase? Sounds incredible

TheRef
09-04-2014, 03:01 PM

Welcome back, Backer. Glad to hear that everything went well!

BulldogBacker
09-04-2014, 03:06 PM
That's awesome, Backer. Congrats man. Can anybody have this procedure? Or is it still in the "experimental" phase? Sounds incredible

The procedure is done in a few places in the country, including most major medical centers, like John's Hopkins, Cleveland Clinic, UC San Francisco, M.D. Anderson, Barnes Hospital (Washington University) in St. Louis, Mass General, etc. Mayo Clinic, however., pioneered interventional radiology.

Todd4State
09-04-2014, 03:08 PM
This is awesome! Glad that you are doing well Backer, and Praise God!

CadaverDawg
09-04-2014, 03:09 PM
The procedure is done in a few places in the country, including most major medical centers, like John's Hopkins, Cleveland Clinic, UC San Francisco, M.D. Anderson, Barnes Hospital (Washington University) in St. Louis, Mass General, etc. Mayo Clinic, however., pioneered interventional radiology.

Good info. I come across pancreatic cancer a lot in my line of work. It sure is refreshing to see you fight through it and win, Backer. Many people don't realize just how severe Pancreatic Cancer is among the types of cancer. I'm sincerely happy for you, brother.

Bothrops
09-04-2014, 03:32 PM
Man that's awesome! Thank God.

Dawgface
09-04-2014, 04:29 PM
Wow, never heard of that procedure being done internally. Makes sense though. Sounds similar to the freezing they do on some skin cancers.

Congrats to you!

Coach34
09-04-2014, 04:46 PM
That's great news. Keep on keepin on and get your ass back in that stadium

thunderclap
09-04-2014, 05:02 PM
Great news for ol BB.

Mjoelner34
09-04-2014, 05:04 PM

Does that mean you want your cooler returned with adult beverages for the next tailgate or do you still want diet Coke?

Dawgcentral
09-04-2014, 05:45 PM

That news is fantastic Backer. It sounds as if you were in the right place with folks who used an innovative procedure to get the desired results.
So glad to see things are going well. Life is precious, and I know your loved ones are grateful.

I seen it dawg
09-04-2014, 06:17 PM
Awesome news

BulldogBear
09-04-2014, 06:33 PM
Great to hear. So many times with pancreatic cancer the news has not been good to here. Thanking the Lord for this.