PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Hype vs Wins... ESPN has taken notice.

EAVdog
09-04-2014, 08:26 AM
Click Me (http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/11454084/ole-miss-rebels-10-teams-needing-match-recruiting-hype-field-success?ex_cid=InsiderTwitter_Hamilton_10teamsNeed WinsToMatchRecruitingHype)

#1 on the list are the Ole Miss Rebels.

Jack Lambert
09-04-2014, 08:32 AM
They are taking a step back. They have a average OL and the backup's are below average , Average QB and the back ups are below average, and below average RB's. They have one really good WR. Their defense will be good if they don't have any injuries and will keep them in games. I think LSU, Alabam, Auburn, MSU, Tenn, will all be loses to them. They will beat A&M, Arkansas and Vandy. They will win all four of their OOC games. They win 7 games this year.

Maroons
09-04-2014, 08:59 AM
What makes you think they will go on the road, a week after playing Bama, and beat A&M?

DawgHouseUnited
09-04-2014, 09:02 AM
Listened to some kids arguing last night at church, and the OM ones were basically throwing Wallace under the bus. They were saying that their best qb was Kincade. Just a bunch of kids, I know, but still interesting to hear them dumping on Captain Bubble Screen.

MaxedOutMaroon
09-04-2014, 09:14 AM
I think OM's lack of corners and in some senses LB will be the death of them in a few games. Also, DawgHouseUnited, I'm not in this whole shindig with the EliteDawgs Premier League, but I'm a big SaintsFC fan.

Dawg61
09-04-2014, 09:25 AM
I think OM's lack of corners and in some senses LB will be the death of them in a few games. Also, DawgHouseUnited, I'm not in this whole shindig with the EliteDawgs Premier League, but I'm a big SaintsFC fan.

You are now. Welcome to the league!! Post more in it

Jack Lambert
09-04-2014, 09:33 AM
What makes you think they will go on the road, a week after playing Bama, and beat A&M?

I am not sold on A&M defense and Ole Miss Defense will give A&M hell. Plus A&M Plays Alabama a week later.

Dawgheadcheese
09-04-2014, 09:37 AM
They will not beat A&M.

EAVdog
09-04-2014, 09:40 AM
After game 1 I think they are headed for 6-6 or 7-5. Depends on the Egg Bowl if they get the 7th win. Which I don't think they win.

Freeze is pulling the redshirt from Rod Taylor for Vandy. Vandy! That is a huge sign that their OL is nowhere near where it needs to be for SEC play.

DawgHouseUnited
09-04-2014, 09:43 AM

Awesome! I picked them up in the ED draft, it's been interesting so far. I've been considering ordering something from them- the jerseys look pretty sharp.

/end threadjack

maroonmania
09-04-2014, 11:37 AM
Apparently recruiting hype these days have a MAJOR influence on preseason polls, we do know that. Seriously, does anyone think that OM would be ranked #15 today without the hype off of a Top 10 class 2 years ago and a Top 20 class last year? NO WAY. They certainly haven't done anything on the field to deserve that coming off of 6-6 and 7-5 seasons. And one of the reasons we aren't ranked is the "perception" that we don't have enough elite talent on our team. Just ask Barrett Sallee and the like who is very symbolic of the lightweights that vote in these polls and are eaten up with recruiting rankings.

Reason2succeed
09-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Sooooo, basically ESPN is saying that Freeze is screwed when the train falls off the track this year. If he can't do it with a Top 10 recruiting class what is he gonna do when the talent dries up?!?

EAVdog
09-04-2014, 12:00 PM
That's pretty much it. He has to show at least improvement or he'll be on the hot seat. If they go 6-6 (worst case) there will be a lot of angry Rebs. Because next year they will be breaking in a new QB and the OL still won't be much better.

SheltonChoked
09-04-2014, 12:22 PM
So a defense with only 3 corners, will give a Sumlin coached offense fits. Right.

I'll have what he's having.

thf24
09-04-2014, 12:41 PM
I am not sold on A&M defense and Ole Miss Defense will give A&M hell. Plus A&M Plays Alabama a week later.

Sumlin's air raid is the perfect counter to OM's defensive scheme and personnel. I think OM will have to score at least 40 to win, and until they magically pull 3 decent o-lineman out of their collective ass to shore up the right side of their line (assuming Tunsil and Morris both stay healthy, or "healthy" in Tunsil's case, which is doubtful), I wouldn't bet on them to score 40 against anyone in the SEC.

messageboardsuperhero
09-04-2014, 12:54 PM
They are taking a step back. They have a average OL and the backup's are below average , Average QB and the back ups are below average, and below average RB's. They have one really good WR. Their defense will be good if they don't have any injuries and will keep them in games. I think LSU, Alabam, Auburn, MSU, Tenn, will all be loses to them. They will beat A&M, Arkansas and Vandy. They will win all four of their OOC games. They win 7 games this year.

Frankly, I think A&M and Arkansas have a better chance of beating UM than UT does.

Not saying UT will definitely lose that game, but I like A&M and Arkansas's chances more.

Westdawg
09-04-2014, 01:06 PM
Sumlin's air raid is the perfect counter to OM's defensive scheme and personnel. I think OM will have to score at least 40 to win, and until they magically pull 3 decent o-lineman out of their collective ass to shore up the right side of their line (assuming Tunsil and Morris both stay healthy, or "healthy" in Tunsil's case, which is doubtful), I wouldn't bet on them to score 40 against anyone in the SEC.

I think they will have to score 45+ at least and have a better turnover number than last weekend I order to remotely stand a chance.

War Machine Dawg
09-04-2014, 01:12 PM
Frankly, I think A&M and Arkansas have a better chance of beating UM than UT does.

Not saying UT will definitely lose that game, but I like A&M and Arkansas's chances more.

Completely agree. ESPECIALLY Arkansas. They are a nightmare matchup for TSUN. That power running game is going to give the undersized BearShark D hell.

dickiedawg
09-04-2014, 04:37 PM
I don't want to seem like I'm standing up for Ole Miss here, because I'm not (seriously, !@#$ Ole Miss). But calling out that Top XX (5, 10, whatever) recruiting class for underperforming is pretty premature. They've played 14 games and are 9-5. The top 4 recruits in that class are easily their 4 best players.

engie
09-04-2014, 05:07 PM
That "top XXX" class is such a misnomer. While they nained the top 4 which are awesome and were no doubt can't miss guys -- #5 is gone(Golson), #6 has been a bust up until this point(Hooks), #7 will be(Kailo), #8 never showed back up(Brassell), #13 is gone(Morgan), along with Robinson(nonqualify), Mireles(gone), Jackson(gone), Hill(gone), and probably a few more...

Suddenly that top 5 class becomes a #16ish class per the 24/7 calculator. I realize "you can't do this" and "all classes have busts and low rated successes" -- but it's interesting that almost half of the top guys in the class have not/will not be anything more than paper victories...

BulldogBear
09-04-2014, 05:12 PM
So, who were #2-#9? I'm not an espn insider.