PDA

View Full Version : Your Thursday Morning "DON"T JUMP!!" Injury Thread

Lloyd Christmas
09-04-2014, 08:22 AM
Word from Robbie on 247 last night is Bear will play, Malcolm may play (apparently he's not even wearing a cast), and that we won't know about Dak until gametime. My guess is we hold Dak out to be safe..although I would really like him to play so we can get some timing issues taken care of before the Corndogs. If you have any additional info feel free to correct me.

MafiaDawg
09-04-2014, 08:25 AM
How does he get hurt in practice when no one is allowed to hit him? Hope he isn't becoming a constant injury risk.

starkvegasdawg
09-04-2014, 08:27 AM
I heard the entire offensive line contacted mono from a stripper at the pony Saturday night. This is from the stripper's roommate's best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother that is a nightshift cook at the Waffle House in West Point. He said he overheard a cell phone conversation from a customer that ordered a double cheeseburger and onion rings that night around 3:00AM.

Jack Lambert
09-04-2014, 08:27 AM
I am not worried if DAk plays this weekend or not and I am not worried about timming issues. His timming did not look bad saturday and he will still practice so that is not issue with me. This game will give the Back Up QB some really good reps.

Lloyd Christmas
09-04-2014, 08:29 AM
How does he get hurt in practice when no one is allowed to hit him? Hope he isn't becoming a constant injury risk.

This is my fear as well. If he is really injured, I hope Mullen discloses whether or not it was during the game or in practice. If it was during the game I'm worried because he barely did any moving around. If it was in practice then I'm at a loss...

I was paranoid before the season started that he would have 1 or 2 injuries during the season..I pray I'm not right. One thing I'll give his back up, DWill can take a shot and keep going. That kid is tough as nails. (Knocks on wood)

Ralph
09-04-2014, 08:30 AM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/cgb7W9VLkI4/maxresdefault.jpg

Todd4State
09-04-2014, 08:30 AM
I heard the entire offensive line contacted mono from a stripper at the pony Saturday night. This is from the stripper's roommate's best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother that is a nightshift cook at the Waffle House in West Point. He said he overheard a cell phone conversation from a customer that ordered a double cheeseburger and onion rings that night around 3:00AM.

So, your source is sevendust?

CadaverDawg
09-04-2014, 08:32 AM
Well, we might as well go ahead and get Damien some serious playing time, because if Dak can get hurt in 2 quarter and a practice, we will need Damien a LOT this year. I'm disappointed.

notsofarawaydawg
09-04-2014, 08:36 AM
http://www.somegif.com/gifs/13798402601330253264.GIF

RossDawg82
09-04-2014, 08:37 AM
If you watch the end of the game, it looks like Dak has a limp when he is heading to the locker room. It was either a limp or a gangster walk, one of the two

starkvegasdawg
09-04-2014, 08:39 AM
If he did get hurt in the game I hope the next time he plays there are no restrictions on his running. He took one sack where he sat on the ball long enough for it to hatch. Wondering if that is the play he got hurt on...if he is indeed hurt.

Lloyd Christmas
09-04-2014, 08:42 AM
Well, we might as well go ahead and get Damien some serious playing time, because if Dak can get hurt in 2 quarter and a practice, we will need Damien a LOT this year. I'm disappointed.

Yep, me too. I guess we will know Saturday.

CadaverDawg
09-04-2014, 08:42 AM
If he did get hurt in the game I hope the next time he plays there are no restrictions on his running. He took one sack where he sat on the ball long enough for it to hatch. Wondering if that is the play he got hurt on...if he is indeed hurt.

Yea, if Mullen really told him not to run the ball much, that pisses me off. You hear time and time again people say they are more likely to get injured while being cautious, than they would be just playing their normal game. Quit holding shit back and let's get out there and let it rip. These guys are young and in great shape....they should be able to get out there and let it all hang out for 12 games a year.

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-04-2014, 08:43 AM
It never crossed my mind how injury prone Dak is. We need to get the 2nd and 3rd team qbs reps the next two weekends.

HancockCountyDog
09-04-2014, 08:43 AM

He also took a monster hit on a TD pass to Bear in the 3rd quarter (I think), the RT simply let his man go and get a free shot on Dak.

CadaverDawg
09-04-2014, 08:45 AM
He also took a monster hit on a TD pass to Bear in the 3rd quarter (I think), the RT simply let his man go and get a free shot on Dak.

True.

Surprise, surprise....our OLine could be the cause of this.

Still surprised our "best OL in Mullen's tenure"* was allowing that much pressure from USM.

Covercorner2
09-04-2014, 08:46 AM
Not sure if yall are serious? The dude may or may not be hurt, but all you guys can say is you are disappointed in him and he is "injury prone?" Get a grip

Lloyd Christmas
09-04-2014, 08:47 AM
True.

Surprise, surprise....our OLine could be the cause of this.

Still surprised our best OL in Mullen's tenure was allowing that much pressure from USM.

Hey may have taken some hits because of our line but nothing that I would have thought would cause an ankle injury. If you want to see some shots, watch DWill in last year's Arkansas and Mississippi games. That guy can take a hit and keep truckin.

CadaverDawg
09-04-2014, 08:47 AM
Not sure if yall are serious? The dude may or may not be hurt, but all you guys can say is you are disappointed in him and he is "injury prone?" Get a grip

Didn't say I was disappointed "in him". I'm disappointed if he's hurt. Don't twist people's words.

CadaverDawg
09-04-2014, 08:50 AM
I'm really just venting because it's going to be a bummer if Dak misses a good stat padding game where we could gain more momentum heading into LSU. It would be typical MSU to lose our growing hype due to a fluke injury and a close win over UAB with our backup QB.

I'm sort of hoping that me venting will lead to it not being true, and I will have pulled the ole "College World Series" reverse jinx.*

Political Hack
so Robbie now has the training room orders on how they'll treat Malcom's hand before the training room does?

that's impressive. Kudos to him.

JDog13

Do you have any more info on the cheeseburger? Was it medium well/well done and were the onion rings crispy?

CadaverDawg
09-04-2014, 08:52 AM

Whoa now....what did the person order to drink? #CrucialInfo

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-04-2014, 08:53 AM
Good news on Bear and Johnson, but any injury to Dak means this season is going to be 7 wins at best. If he isn't starting against UAB we are boned for sure.

Covercorner2
09-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Good news on Bear and Johnson, but any injury to Dak means this season is going to be 7 wins at best. If he isn't starting against UAB we are boned for sure.

How exactly are we "boned" if we can probably win easily without him? Theres 16 days until we play an SEC team....

ShotgunDawg
09-04-2014, 08:56 AM
The trend of Dak getting hurt is becoming real and ridiculous.

Turf toe during spring of 2013

Stinger that wouldn't heal last year

Now, a phantom injury that no one knows how or when it happened.

Mullen did make an interesting comment in his press conference the other day when he said, "sometimes, sliding is more dangerous than taking a hit."

I didn't think about it much at the time, but, in light of this news, I'm curious if Dak rolled his ankle while sliding.

We all love Dak, but your greatest ability is your availibility.

engie
09-04-2014, 08:56 AM
Damian will look like a different person if we actually hand him the keys to the Ferrari this year vs the ultra-conservative stuff we put him in last year and always do in mop-up duty.

I'm not saying that's what is going to happen at all nor that Dak is hurt(last I heard he was planning to play on Saturday) -- just that IMO Damian is alot more "ready" than people are giving him credit for.

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-04-2014, 08:57 AM
If it's serious enough to where he can't play at all it may be serious enough to bother him throughout the year. We aren't beating any good team without a healthy Dak.

CadaverDawg
09-04-2014, 08:59 AM
The trend of Dak getting hurt is becoming real and ridiculous.

Turf toe during spring of 2013

Stinger that wouldn't heal last year

Now, a phantom injury that no one how or when it happened.

Mullen did make an interesting comment in his press conference the other day when he said, "sometimes, sliding is more dangerous than taking a hit."

I didn't think about it much at the time, but, in light of this news, I'm curious if Dak rolled his ankle while sliding.

We all love Dak, but your greatest ability is your availibility.

I wondered the same thing. He slid awkwardly....probably because he never slides and was told to slide.

Covercorner2
09-04-2014, 08:59 AM
If it's serious enough to where he can't play at all it may be serious enough to bother him throughout the year. We aren't beating any good team without a healthy Dak.

Soooo, if he doesn't play against UAB that means its "serious?" He didn't play until the 4th quarter against Ole Miss, even though he obviously could've played earlier.... Football players play with injuries all the time, and sometimes only play with them when needed...

engie
09-04-2014, 09:01 AM

There's a big difference between "can't play at all" and "held out for an extra 7 days to get back to 100% for the meat of the schedule".

Everything I've heard is that Dak CAN play on Saturday. It's Dan's decision. It's something small and nagging that they have to weigh out the decision until Saturday...

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-04-2014, 09:01 AM
If Mullen comes out and says he's 100% but we just don't want to risk it I will feel ok about it.

But yeah if he says he's hurt and he can't play this game, I will think we are pretty screwed.

Covercorner2
09-04-2014, 09:02 AM
There's a big difference between "can't play at all" and "held out for an extra 7 days to get back to 100% for the meat of the schedule".

Everything I've heard is that Dak CAN play on Saturday. It's Dan's decision. It's something small and nagging that they have to weigh out the decision until Saturday...

Exactly

Mullen doesn't discuss injuries like that...

fishwater99
09-04-2014, 09:04 AM
If Mullen comes out and says he's 100% but we just don't want to risk it I will feel ok about it.

But yeah if he says he's hurt and he can't play this game, I will think we are pretty screwed.

If he's 100% why in the Hell wouldn't DAK play?

starkvegasdawg
Whoa now....what did the person order to drink? #CrucialInfo

I didn't want to include this info because it would really be cause for concern. He ordered pink lemonade. To the other question the burger was well done but the onion rings were soggy. He also ordered extra pickles and no mayo.

Eric Nies Grind Time

Yeah, I know...it would just make me feel a hell of a lot better if Dak even played just the first series of the game then pulled him for Damian. As illogical as that is, I guess I just don't fully trust coaches when they are talking about injuries.

Political Hack
09-04-2014, 09:05 AM
he's apparently been practicing or else everyone and their momma would know. I don't think his issue is serious at all... or at least I hope not.

I'm more concerned about MoJo and Bear possibly being banged up.

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-04-2014, 09:07 AM
If the Bear injury is serious that is about the most MSU injury of all time.

CadaverDawg
09-04-2014, 09:07 AM
I didn't want to include this info because it would really be cause for concern. He ordered pink lemonade. To the other question the burger was well done but the onion rings were soggy. He also ordered extra pickles and no mayo.

+1

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to starkvegasdawg again"

starkvegasdawg
09-04-2014, 09:08 AM

Horse hockey. If he's 100% you don't hold out your starting star QB on what might happen. What kind of message does that send the rest of the team? You're expendable but he isn't? Like to think Dak would call bs on that move.

Dog316
09-04-2014, 09:10 AM
I'm really just venting because it's going to be a bummer if Dak misses a good stat padding game where we could gain more momentum heading into LSU. It would be typical MSU to lose our growing hype due to a fluke injury and a close win over UAB with our backup QB.

I'm sort of hoping that me venting will lead to it not being true, and I will have pulled the ole "College World Series" reverse jinx.*

^^^^^^

Would you mind practicing your venting on your dog. If you don't have a live dog perhaps you could practice venting by using iPhone Notes or some similar app! Venting in public is for sissies.

Lloyd Christmas
09-04-2014, 09:11 AM
He slid awkwardly....probably because he never slides and was told to slide.

I remember thinking it looked awkward as well. If he really does have an ankle injury I bet that's where it came from.

Original48
09-04-2014, 09:12 AM
Yea, if Mullen really told him not to run the ball much, that pisses me off. You hear time and time again people say they are more likely to get injured while being cautious, than they would be just playing their normal game. Quit holding shit back and let's get out there and let it rip. These guys are young and in great shape....they should be able to get out there and let it all hang out for 12 games a year.
My sentiments exactly. You and Starkvegas have reiterated what several of us were talking about post game. Stand there and get hit?? There were a couple of weird sacks...and if Dak takes off like he normally would he would at least have the ability to slide or get down. But bottom line..as you said...let her rip! Playing cautiously lends to injuries like this.

CadaverDawg
09-04-2014, 09:14 AM
My sentiments exactly. You and Starkvegas have reiterated what several of us were talking about post game. Stand there and get hit?? There were a couple of weird sacks...and if Dak takes off like he normally would he would at least have the ability to slide or get down.

100% agree

Coach66
09-04-2014, 09:15 AM
Nm

Tripp McNeely
09-04-2014, 09:16 AM

If he and the coaching staff are thinking about holding him out and making sure he was 100% ready for LSU, which is VERY possible, you'd never in a million years come out and say that...what message does that send to the rest of the team, the other team, how much does it change up USA and LSU's preparation (not knowing what QB to gameplan for)...if the coaching staff is thinking that (which they probably are), never, EVER say it. CDM "controls the message" in situations like this better than I've ever seen.

engie
09-04-2014, 09:17 AM

After 5 years, what makes you think Mullen is going to give us a straight answer on this in year 6? I wouldn't be surprised if he refuses to address it at all and we're left guessing...

ScoobaDawg
09-04-2014, 09:18 AM

Far from boned, and even if he doesnt play against UAB i doubt he misses more than a game. If it was something more severe it would be out already.
As mentioned..Damian should be able to beat UAB, defense might have to make sure they hold them to 10 or less to be safe...which im hoping for already.

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-04-2014, 09:21 AM
I'm not worried about UAB even without Dak. I am worried about LSU, A&M, Auburn, Alabama and Ole Miss.

MaxedOutMaroon
09-04-2014, 09:21 AM
The first thing I'm going to do when I see Josh is ask him who has been handing him the ball this week, and that will develop my opinion.

ScoobaDawg
09-04-2014, 09:27 AM
I'm not worried about UAB even without Dak. I am worried about LSU, A&M, Auburn, Alabama and Ole Miss.

Oh i agree the season expectations change a lot if Dak has a major injury.

To show a sign its not that serious, vegas ALWAYS knows. and the game hasnt been pulled from sites yet.

mstatefan91
09-04-2014, 09:34 AM
God knows. The thread says that Dak may or may not be available Saturday because truly nobody knows if he's hurt or not and if he is hurt, how bad it is.

But all you guys seem to be able to do is assume that Dak is hurt and that it is serious.

Also, Bafoom has already told us that if Dak is hurt that we have Damien who is the same exact QB just with less hype so we all know we will be ok either way now.**

CadaverDawg
09-04-2014, 09:35 AM
When did the board take a trip back to Junior high lingo?

http://www.troll.me/images/bender/well-were-boned-thumb.jpg

JDog13
09-04-2014, 09:38 AM

Prayers sent

MaroonStateofMind
09-04-2014, 09:42 AM
Word from Robbie on 247 last night is Bear will play, Malcolm may play (apparently he's not even wearing a cast), and that we won't know about Dak until gametime. My guess is we hold Dak out to be safe..although I would really like him to play so we can get some timing issues taken care of before the Corndogs. If you have any additional info feel free to correct me.

I believe this is the hit that Dak got hurt on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPOSloubq0c

Statefan
09-04-2014, 09:43 AM
This thread is ridiculous.

So what if Dak tweaked his ankle or something. All indications is that IF there is an injury, he will be fine in a week or two and we will continue as always. We will still destroy UAB with Damian, Robinson and the best defense in the conference. That goes for USA too. No need to play Dak if it's something that could become a serious injury with a bad hit

I don't mind him not taking off and running... It's really a catch 22. What would you be posting if he ran a TD in in the 3rd quarter and broke a vertebrae like Bryce Petty last weekend?

We will be fine, Dak will be fine, the season will still go on if we play UAB without him this week.

As for Bear, how injured could he be? He had a sick TD catch AFTER his "injury".

Everyone needs to chill, we will be good to go by the LSU game

CadaverDawg
09-04-2014, 09:44 AM

Jesus, who was that? Senior??

mstatefan91
09-04-2014, 09:47 AM
This thread is ridiculous.

So what if Dak tweaked his ankle or something. All indications is that IF there is an injury, he will be fine in a week or two and we will continue as always. We will still destroy UAB with Damian, Robinson and the best defense in the conference. That goes for USA too. No need to play Dak if it's something that could become a serious injury with a bad hit

I don't mind him not taking off and running... It's really a catch 22. What would you be posting if he ran a TD in in the 3rd quarter and broke a vertebrae like Bryce Petty last weekend?

We will be fine, Dak will be fine, the season will still go on if we play UAB without him this week.

As for Bear, how injured could he be? He had a sick TD catch AFTER his "injury".

Everyone needs to chill, we will be good to go by the LSU game

Wow, someone who finally gets it

ShotgunDawg
09-04-2014, 09:52 AM
Late last night David Murray responded to the Dak question by saying, "Without saying yea or nay on the guy in question, I'll remind that P.J. Jones wore a boot around campus from mid-August through the bowl game. Started 11 games anyway. Last week Kaleb Eulls came to the mid-week presser in a boot, started the opener as usual."

I think Mullen has put the kibosh on the media and players from saying anything, but, if you read between the lines, I think it's clear whats going on: Something happened in the game and Dak got banged up. Nothing serious, and he could play if needed, However, with who we are playing this weekend, he is questionable,

Paul has said similar things as Dave.

Dave posted this on the free board. Not premium content

MaroonStateofMind
09-04-2014, 09:56 AM

Yes, I believe so.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-04-2014, 09:57 AM
Dak was not hurt during the game. It is a minor thing that happened in practice. Could he play Saturday sure he could but if he's less than 100% say 80-85% & you can give him an extra weeks rest & still handily win a game then why not? I know we're all sensitive when it comes to Dak but everything is & will be ok. We've held guys out of games before against lesser opponents to heal some nicks & bruises this would be the same thing.

Lloyd Christmas
09-04-2014, 09:57 AM

Good Lord. That was f**king horrible.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-04-2014, 09:59 AM

It's a bad angle on the video but the reason Senior fell is bc Beckwith stepped on his foot on his 1st step.

LC Dawg
09-04-2014, 10:00 AM
Last year our starting qb was hurt for the 2nd game and we officially burned the redshirt of our true freshman qb. So get ready all you Fitzgerald fans because he could play this week.

Also, Mississippi State football just retweeted a tweet from Dak wishing his mom a happy birthday. The guy's got a lot on his mind today. I hope, for his sake not ours, he's not adding to it by having to deal with an injury.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-04-2014, 10:02 AM

Best o-line ever

Reason2succeed
09-04-2014, 10:03 AM
I think Dak plays for at least a quarter. Mullen would hate to ruin Dak's draft status by having him labelled as injury prone. Play the kid and let him get two TDs then sit him and let Damien take over. Ankle sprains are not the end of the world. Tape it up.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-04-2014, 10:04 AM
With basically 2 years left before he has to think about pro ball I'm pretty sure Dan doesn't care at all about Dak's draft status.

mstatefan91
09-04-2014, 10:04 AM
I expect to see him for a quarter or so. We will try to score two to three TD's with him in and then let him sit. If he's been practicing then there really is nothing to worry about guys.

RougeDawg
09-04-2014, 10:09 AM
I expect to see him for a quarter or so. We will try to score two to three TD's with him in and then let him sit. If he's been practicing then there really is nothing to worry about guys.

I'm with you on this. Think the boot is just to keep from aggravating anything if there really is anything. If it was bad, he wouldn't be practicing. He may be wearing a boot to prevent injury.

Dawg496
09-04-2014, 10:11 AM
Wearing a boot might be a style choice, we don't know. Speculation is bad so let's just wait until there is word (there won't be) or we see Damian trot out to take the first snap against LSU.

Reason2succeed
09-04-2014, 10:12 AM
With basically 2 years left before he has to think about pro ball I'm pretty sure Dan doesn't care at all about Dak's draft status.

Scouts will definitely look at how many times Dak answered the bell. Sitting out for minor injuries would raise major red flags. It doesn't matter when it was. You do realize that Dak is a junior and COULD go its year if things go well right? Ask yourself if you think that Tebow or Relf ever played with a minor injury. We know Relf was playing with banged up ribs. Ain't no ankle keeping Dak out of a game!

Goat Holder
09-04-2014, 10:20 AM
Word from Robbie on 247 last night is Bear will play, Malcolm may play (apparently he's not even wearing a cast), and that we won't know about Dak until gametime.

It really is amazing how stupid the internet can be. Neither Robbie nor you know anything about what's going on. The amount of wannabes on the net these days, especially regarding MSU sports, is staggering. This board especially, took a hit on reputation yesterday. 247 seems to be following suit.

MarketingBully01
09-04-2014, 10:23 AM
Scouts will definitely look at how many times Dak answered the bell. Sitting out for minor injuries would raise major red flags. It doesn't matter when it was. You do realize that Dak is a junior and COULD go its year if things go well right? Ask yourself if you think that Tebow or Relf ever played with a minor injury. We know Relf was playing with banged up ribs. Ain't no ankle keeping Dak out of a game!

Tebow played LSU with a concussion. Dak is a tough kid. I think he plays the first half.

FlabLoser
09-04-2014, 10:24 AM
Lost in the referee collision talk is the closing speed from Tubby. Tubby was pretty far away from the path of that ball and then he turned and went for it. Came out of nowhere to get in the collision.

I think the ref prevented a worse collision from happening. The ref was a crash test dummy between two oncoming cars.

MarketingBully01
09-04-2014, 10:26 AM
It really is amazing how stupid the internet can be. Neither Robbie nor you know anything about what's going on. The amount of wannabes on the net these days, especially regarding MSU sports, is staggering. This board especially, took a hit on reputation yesterday. 247 seems to be following suit.

All of the MSU boards were dominated by speculation Goat. That's just the nature of the beast when a rumor comes out that your star QB got hurt.

Goat Holder
09-04-2014, 10:29 AM
All of the MSU boards were dominated by speculation Goat. That's just the nature of the beast when a rumor comes out that your star QB got hurt.

It proved how uninformed the boards really are. Or maybe I just know the right people. Most times, if you really know something that could possibly be sensitive information, you don't post it on message boards. When the news broke yesterday, it was very entertaining to see the rumors swirl, especially when I knew what had happened.

BogeyGolfer
09-04-2014, 10:38 AM
It proved how uninformed the boards really are. Or maybe I just know the right people. Most times, if you really know something that could possibly be sensitive information, you don't post it on message boards. When the news broke yesterday, it was very entertaining to see the rumors swirl, especially when I knew what had happened.

Well, I wasn't going to post on this but from what I'm being told Dak is fine... That's all I'm going to say, and I will not address other players.

mstatefan91
09-04-2014, 10:41 AM
All you have to hear is that the man is practicing to know that whatever it is is not serious. Can we lock this thread and all other threads like it until after the game Saturday mods?

(leave the Dak Injury Update thread though lol)

CadaverDawg
09-04-2014, 10:50 AM
Best o-line ever

+1

preachermatt83
09-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Horse hockey. If he's 100% you don't hold out your starting star QB on what might happen. What kind of message does that send the rest of the team? You're expendable but he isn't? Like to think Dak would call bs on that move.

awesome! I thought I was the only person in the world that used that phrase!

CadaverDawg
09-04-2014, 11:12 AM

Only thing worse is to say nothing and then claim you knew it all.

preachermatt83
09-04-2014, 11:13 AM

yes but it wasn't on him, notice what beckwith does... steps right on top of Senior's foot! Put Claybourn in the game and bench beckwith! Please!.

preachermatt83
09-04-2014, 11:19 AM
one question... why is Goat allowed to remain on this board. He adds nothing to it and always has something negative to say about ED in general. Ban him for good and get it over with.

ScoobaDawg
09-04-2014, 11:22 AM

BINGO. Of course he knows it all. I mean he has Dak and Dan on speed dial obviously.

ScoobaDawg
09-04-2014, 11:26 AM
one question... why is Goat allowed to remain on this board. He adds nothing to it and always has something negative to say about ED in general. Ban him for good and get it over with.

Banning him just allows him to change to one of his other 10 personalities. He is relentless to post on message boards. If one of the Admins ever get mad enough at him they can make at least that username disappear at least. But they allow him to stay. I personally dont agree with him A LOT. but he is good for traffic I guess.

preachermatt83
09-04-2014, 11:27 AM
Banning him just allows him to change to one of his other 10 personalities. He is relentless to post on message boards.

IP Ban?

maroonmania
09-04-2014, 11:30 AM
Last year our starting qb was hurt for the 2nd game and we officially burned the redshirt of our true freshman qb. So get ready all you Fitzgerald fans because he could play this week.

Also, Mississippi State football just retweeted a tweet from Dak wishing his mom a happy birthday. The guy's got a lot on his mind today. I hope, for his sake not ours, he's not adding to it by having to deal with an injury.

Fitzgerald SHOULD play for various reasons. One, you should ALWAYS have at least 3 QBs ready to go, we saw that last year and in 2007 and in other years where we have gotten multiple QBs hurt and the 3rd stringer is called on. Second, I feel you should have a QB in every class. Play Fitzgerald who would be the only QB in the current FR class and then redshirt Staley who becomes your FR QB next year. We have Tiano and Virgil coming in right behind them anyway.

ShotgunDawg
09-04-2014, 11:31 AM
yes but it wasn't on him, notice what beckwith does... steps right on top of Senior's foot! Put Claybourn in the game and bench beckwith! Please!.
BTW, according to 247, Beckwith graded out the highest against USM.

ScoobaDawg
09-04-2014, 11:34 AM
IP Ban?

Not always that simply. and not my call.

ScoobaDawg
09-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Fitzgerald SHOULD play for various reasons. One, you should ALWAYS have at least 3 QBs ready to go, we saw that last year and in 2007 and in other years where we have gotten multiple QBs hurt and the 3rd stringer is called on. Second, I feel you should have a QB in every class. Play Fitzgerald who would be the only QB in the current FR class and then redshirt Staley who becomes your FR QB next year. We have Tiano and Virgil coming in right behind them anyway.

So you want to burn a potential red shirt for Fitz to maybe play a quarter this whole season? As long as Dak is playing we dont need to play 3 Qbs in a game and if Dak doesnt play Saturday do we really need to play Fitz for one quarter if the game is in hand and waste a year? Whether Fitz redshirts or not wont play a factor in Fitz vs Staley in who starts next year or the year after. One is going to either transfer or change position likely.

GreenheadDawg
BTW, according to 247, Beckwith graded out the highest against USM.

I was just about to post this. I don't know how. I'm definitely not a OL guru but I thought he looked pretty bad. He got knocked on his ass several times

MaxedOutMaroon
Hope he's wrong, but JRob said Dak hasn't practiced and isn't playing this week. Not detrimental, but you can kiss rewards goodbye. Not that it's what matters but dang

MaxedOutMaroon
09-04-2014, 11:44 AM
Also he sounded like it was a 1 week thing

GreenheadDawg
09-04-2014, 11:47 AM
Hope he's wrong, but JRob said Dak hasn't practiced and isn't playing this week. Not detrimental, but you can kiss rewards goodbye. Not that it's what matters but dang

Please don't take this the wrong way or as a knock on Dak.. But F*CK.. If he gets hurt playing 2 and half quarters against USM what the hell is gonna happen when we hit SEC play. This is concerning to me. I cut down a friend who said Dak was injury prone this summer but I may be eating my words. Im sure Dak would play with every bone broke in his body and it's probably Dan being overly cautious

MarketingBully01
09-04-2014, 11:50 AM
We shall all see this Saturday anyway. If he hasn't practiced all week, why would all this shit come out yesterday? Just another speculator speculating. Personally, I think he is just a little banged up maybe at 85% instead of 100. Either way, we will find out Saturday. I bet he plays a half though.

MaxedOutMaroon
09-04-2014, 11:56 AM
We shall all see this Saturday anyway. If he hasn't practiced all week, why would all this shit come out yesterday? Just another speculator speculating. Personally, I think he is just a little banged up maybe at 85% instead of 100. Either way, we will find out Saturday. I bet he plays a half though.

I sure hope you're right and I'm wrong. But I didn't even ask him if Dak was going to play. He just told me. Good news is PJ was with us too, and he was like, "Dak isn't playing?" So who the Hell knows and Josh is not the most reliable person. Just relaying the message

engie
09-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Banning him just allows him to change to one of his other 10 personalities.

He needs to kick over to a different personality. The one ever since he got back from his "vacation" has been intolerable.

MarketingBully01
09-04-2014, 12:04 PM
He needs to kick over to a different personality. The one ever since he got back from his "vacation" has been intolerable.

You're telling me Engie but I guess the funniest thing I have seen through this latest version of the "rumor mill" this week is the amount of posters who know players that say completely opposite things. I've never seen anything like what I have seen this week on the rumor mill and it has taken over every MSU message board too. That is the most interesting thing.

starkvegasdawg
09-04-2014, 12:10 PM

mstatefan91
09-04-2014, 12:10 PM
No offense to J Rob, but he is easily the least dependable person on the team for that kind of information. He could be right, but he could seriously be wrong. Not to mention the rumor came out after yesterday's practice and according to most Dak has been practicing. He may not practice today or tomorrow to give the initial inflammation time to alleviate before Saturday but that doesn't mean he isn't playing.

Maroonthirteen
09-04-2014, 12:12 PM
The drink is unimportant. The fact someone ordered a hamburger at WAFFLEhouse, says it all. They don't know squat. So I will call this rumor busted.

Reason2succeed
09-04-2014, 12:24 PM
He may have rolled his ankle. He may have sat out a practice. He may be wearing a boot. But he is not missing the game on Saturday. I won't believe it until Mullen says it (which he won't) or I see it.

yjnkdawg
09-04-2014, 12:26 PM
You're telling me Engie but I guess the funniest thing I have seen through this latest version of the "rumor mill" this week is the amount of posters who know players that say completely opposite things. I've never seen anything like what I have seen this week on the rumor mill and it has taken over every MSU message board too. That is the most interesting thing.

That's one reason I dropped my paysite subscriptions, after the CJ Johnson circus. I let all that stuff stress me out me out and paying money to do so. Makes a lot of sense I guess?

MaxedOutMaroon
09-04-2014, 12:27 PM
This is my last perspective on it. I view it as he is probable and a game time decision.

RattStevens
09-04-2014, 12:27 PM
Dak was just seen with big bird.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/400x299q90/905/m5EJZ7.jpg

HancockCountyDog
09-04-2014, 12:29 PM
I think this thread and the threads yesterday prove that we really need to find something to talk about for the next three weeks during the week, because we will be doing a lot of winning with nothing else to talk about.

When there is nothing but good things to talk about, people just feel the need to make up bad shit.

Should Tuesday - Thursday be required MSU basketball posts? That would fix this shit.

MadDawg
09-04-2014, 12:29 PM
Speaking of big bird, didn't Freeze flip someone off in the game the other night. ***

Dak was just seen with big bird.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/400x299q90/905/m5EJZ7.jpg

MarketingBully01
09-04-2014, 12:31 PM
That's one reason I dropped my paysite subscriptions, after the CJ Johnson circus. I let all that stuff stress me out me out and paying money to do so. Makes a lot of sense I guess?

Yeah, you are right. I guess I should have also stated I have never seen anything like this since the Chris Jones recruitment saga...LOL...man our fans are gullable at times. I think this Dak rumor was started because he was seen wearing a boot around campus. The truth is AJ from Alabama wore a boot for half the season last year. Dak may be a little banged up but that is the nature of the game. I still say he plays for a half or so.

mstatefan91
09-04-2014, 12:55 PM
The real question though guys is this: Will the stadium be done in time?

War Machine Dawg
09-04-2014, 01:17 PM

But doesn't saying you're trying the reverse psychology cancel out the reverse psychology? And doesn't me pointing it out cancel out your cancel out? (See what I did there?)

TheRef
09-04-2014, 01:20 PM
This thread makes my head hurt...

War Machine Dawg
09-04-2014, 01:20 PM
Damian will look like a different person if we actually hand him the keys to the Ferrari this year vs the ultra-conservative stuff we put him in last year and always do in mop-up duty.

I'm not saying that's what is going to happen at all nor that Dak is hurt(last I heard he was planning to play on Saturday) -- just that IMO Damian is alot more "ready" than people are giving him credit for.

I've said all offseason that based on what I saw from Damian last year, I'm very comfortable with him starting should the need arise. He's arguably the best pure passing QB on the roster and does an adequate job running. That said, I'm calling bullshit on this whole "Dak is injured" panic. If he were hurt, it would've leaked from someone on the team by now. No way a bunch of 18-22 year olds addicted to social media don't let it slip by now.

starkvegasdawg
09-04-2014, 01:26 PM
This thread makes my head hurt...

Dammit Ref, Now you've gone and started a rumor on being hurt. Are you going to be able to do your forecasts? Who is your backup? Is he hurt? Oh hell, I bet he is. Probably got a stress headache looking at the latest GFS models and that caused him to spill his Strange Brew coffee in his lap burning himself. The whole season is just shot to hell now.

TrapGame
09-04-2014, 01:27 PM
It's all an elaborate ruse designed to weave its way through the entire season. Mullen is planning the ultimate mind-****. This is just the tip of the iceberg. We'll hear rumors of burning red shirts along with widespread flu among the team. Don't believe a damn word! Mullen is a master of misinformation. He makes Goebbels look like a retarded Baghdad Bob!!! Just sit back and enjoy!

War Machine Dawg
09-04-2014, 01:28 PM
It's a bad angle on the video but the reason Senior fell is bc Beckwith stepped on his foot on his 1st step.

Geebus, can we PLEASE FREE CLAYBORN?!!!!

TheRef
09-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Dammit Ref, Now you've gone and started a rumor on being hurt. Are you going to be able to do your forecasts? Who is your backup? Is he hurt? Oh hell, I bet he is. Probably got a stress headache looking at the latest GFS models and that caused him to spill his Strange Brew coffee in his lap burning himself. The whole season is just shot to hell now.

I will neither confirm nor deny my injury for this week's game. I'm currently talking to a specialist and my backup is willing and able to take over at any time on my responsibilities. But if I have any say in it, I will perform this weekend.

War Machine Dawg
09-04-2014, 01:32 PM

Way to add to the conversation AND pat yourself on the back without actually bringing anything substantive to the board.

http://i.imgur.com/7WuyEtn.gif

CadaverDawg
09-04-2014, 01:33 PM
If Dak, Malcolm, and Bear play Saturday, this thread is going into the ELITE Threads forum along with Ennis's thread. Some classic zingers and drama in this thread.

starkvegasdawg
09-04-2014, 01:33 PM
I will neither confirm nor deny my injury for this week's game. I'm currently talking to a specialist and my backup is willing and able to take over at any time on my responsibilities. But if I have any say in it, I will perform this weekend.

I just realised, we don't even know who your backup is. This is a conspiracy, that's what this is. One great, big, damn conspiracy. And everyone's in on it.

Dawgface
09-04-2014, 01:39 PM
Way to add to the conversation AND pat yourself on the back without actually bringing anything substantive to the board.

http://i.imgur.com/7WuyEtn.gif

+1.

fishwater99
09-04-2014, 01:45 PM

Why do you always want to ban people? Did you even notice that I'm back..

joedog
09-04-2014, 01:55 PM
http://s11.postimg.org/yzcxiagsj/nonsense_thread.jpg

Goat Holder
09-04-2014, 02:02 PM

I told you what you needed to know in the thread yesterday that the mods got mad and locked.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?20060-Dead-Indians-Have-Struck&p=238435#post238435

Then I reaffirmed it:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?20069-Robbie-on-247-says&p=238500#post238500

Goat Holder
09-04-2014, 02:05 PM
He is relentless to post on message boards.

Relentless Effort

BulldogDX55
09-04-2014, 02:18 PM
Guys, I was walking around in Starkville's graveyard and saw this:

http://i.imgur.com/ldvNnLd.jpg

I am sure it is just precautionary though.

preachermatt83
09-04-2014, 02:35 PM
Why do you always want to ban people? Did you even notice that I'm back..

I never noticed you were gone to be completely honest.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-04-2014, 02:38 PM
Guys, I was walking around in Starkville's graveyard and saw this:

http://i.imgur.com/ldvNnLd.jpg

I am sure it is just precautionary though.
Someone's been on the Rant...that you, DCRebel?

BulldogDX55
09-04-2014, 02:49 PM
Someone's been on the Rant...that you, DCRebel?

Haha, I am not DCRebel, but I did pull this from his post on the Rant.

maroonmania
09-04-2014, 02:52 PM
So you want to burn a potential red shirt for Fitz to maybe play a quarter this whole season? As long as Dak is playing we dont need to play 3 Qbs in a game and if Dak doesnt play Saturday do we really need to play Fitz for one quarter if the game is in hand and waste a year? Whether Fitz redshirts or not wont play a factor in Fitz vs Staley in who starts next year or the year after. One is going to either transfer or change position likely.

I'm just telling you that we should have 3 QBs ready to play. Heck, I've seen us have 2 QBs go down in the same game before. If he can be prepared without taking off his redshirt then whatever but I want him ready to go in and the best way is to have experienced actual playing time. I personally believe Staley eventually passes him anyway so I'm not ultra worried about burning the RS. And if we don't play him you are pretty much guaranteeing SOMEBODY transfers. I've never heard of having 2 RFr and 2 true freshman QBs at the same time on a roster but that is what we will have next year if nobody but Dak and Damien play this year.

Leroy Jenkins
09-04-2014, 02:53 PM
Watch to see if the betting line moves.... Then you will know if Dak is playing.