PDA

View Full Version : More good news -- potential ACC National Seed matchups...

engie
05-23-2013, 01:08 AM
in Super Regionals...

Everything I've seen has us either matched up with Tally, Charlottesville, or Chapel Hill. Virginia got dismantled today by Va Tech -- and FSU lost a heartbreaker to a very average Georgia Tech team via back-to-back 2 out homeruns in the 9th with their closer on the hill, which has to set back his confidence a bit. Those teams going cold right now can be nothing but good for us -- not that losing a single game in a conference tourney is of any real significance -- just bears watching going forward.

Todd4State
05-23-2013, 01:13 AM
in Super Regionals...

Everything I've seen has us either matched up with Tally, Charlottesville, or Chapel Hill. Virginia got dismantled today by Va Tech -- and FSU lost a heartbreaker to a very average Georgia Tech team via back-to-back 2 out homeruns in the 9th with their closer on the hill, which has to set back his confidence a bit. Those teams going cold right now can be nothing but good for us -- not that losing a single game in a conference tourney is of any real significance -- just bears watching going forward.

I laughed when I read this.

Coach34
05-23-2013, 09:14 AM
Wont be Carolina because we are working our way to a 9, 10, or 11 seed....

engie
05-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Wont be Carolina because we are working our way to a 9, 10, or 11 seed....

They only "seed" 1 thru 8. 9-16 and the rest of the teams in the tournament are basically chosen geographically or to be "exciting matchups" in Super Regionals. Last year is a prime example of when we were one of the first 3-4 teams outside the hosting bubble and we didn't get sent to a weak regional, but one in our region...which happened to be a high national seed in FSU in a launching pad park.

Would love to see us matched up across from Louisville -- just don't see it happening. They are going to put us across from an ACC team most likely. JMO.

trob115
05-23-2013, 10:43 AM
They still think we have a chance at a national seed. I think we need to win today and Saturday for the 8th national seed with a little help.

http://ht.ly/lkayR

Coach34
05-23-2013, 10:50 AM
They only "seed" 1 thru 8. 9-16 and the rest of the teams in the tournament are basically chosen geographically or to be "exciting matchups" in Super Regionals. Last year is a prime example of when we were one of the first 3-4 teams outside the hosting bubble and we didn't get sent to a weak regional, but one in our region.

They do somewhat seed the Regional hosts- you're not going to have a team that just missed getting a national seed matched up with the number 1 or 2 overall seed. We were a 2 seed last year- not a regional host. Different situation