PDA

View Full Version : Premier League Thread: Week 4

TheRef
09-03-2014, 10:53 PM
So after a 1-1 draw against Arsenal to bring the Foxes to a 2-point tally after three weeks and a 0-1-2 record, we face off against Stoke City at Stoke's Brittania Stadium. Stoke, currently with 4 points on the table, is currently 1-1-1 after games against Aston Villa (L), Hull City (D), and Manchester City (W). Hopefully we don't get to see the shirtless ginger with tattoos all over his body.

Leicester signed a bunch of players over the past week. Including Cambiasso, who is one of the most decorated Italian players in history. We also got two players from Manchester United. One by contract (4 years) and one by loan. Our contract player is a 21 year-old striker that looks to be developed during his time here in Leicester. The loaner could be a good benefit for us also. Nigel Pearson has a reputation for getting players from Manchester United. No idea why, but it seems to be working for now.

War Machine Dawg
09-03-2014, 11:26 PM
After suffering their first loss to Aston Villa last week, Hull has a bye in Week 4. This catches the Tigers at a good time after playing both EPL and EUROPA games the last 3 weeks. It also gives them a chance to integrate the new additions and loans added to the team during the most recent transfer window. Hull had arguably the best transfer period amongst the small and mid-sized clubs in the EPL, adding Tom Ince, Robert Snodgrass, Andrew Robertson, Harry Maguire, Michael Dawson, Mohamed Diame, and Abel Hernande on permanent deals. They also added Gaston Ramirez and Hatem Ben Arfa on loan deals. While not signing anyone world class, Hull filled their needs exceptionally well without overpaying. The Tigers should be a solid mid-table team with an outside shot of finishing in the Top 6.

Hull returns to KC Stadium on Monday September 15. They will take the home pitch to face West Ham.

Dawg61
09-04-2014, 01:39 AM
Spurs got to first on the table and then shit the bed vs Liverpool losing 3-0. That dropped Spurs all the way to 6th. Saturday we get Sunderland. Saturday we beat Sunderland.

DawgHouseUnited
09-04-2014, 08:51 AM
Southampton had a decent week, with a 3-1 win over West Ham in the Premier league, and a 2-0 win over Millwall in the Capital One Cup. We're sitting in the 8th spot on the table right now, and our next game is against #16 Newcastle.

Now that the transfer window is closed, it looks like Southampton had a decent one. They actually TURNED A PROFIT (http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/11450689.Shrewd_Saints_turn_a_transfer_window_prof it/?ref=mac) through this window. We picked up a few good looking names through the window- Pelle, Tadic, Long, & Mane, plus a couple of loans- Bertrand, Forster, & Alderweireld. Hopefully all these new players gel together, and we can do some damage in the league.

CadaverDawg
09-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Can someone post the Table link? I like seeing my Swans atop the Standings

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2014, 09:17 AM
Y'all know there are no games this week. International break. The League resumes the following weekend.

TheRef
09-04-2014, 09:18 AM
Y'all know there are no games this week. International break. The League resumes the following weekend.

Damn...you're right. Well we just started a week early with this thread. :)

Dawg61
09-04-2014, 09:28 AM

Ha good cause there's a lot of college and NFL football going on this week**

MaxedOutMaroon
09-04-2014, 10:01 AM
I will now start joining this thread. Big Southampton Saints fan! Didn't join in earlier because I did not want to be given a team. So I'm here and ready for a Top 10 finish.

Dawg61
09-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Can someone post the Table link? I like seeing my Swans atop the Standings

I had the worst luck trying to copy past a picture of the table, anyone else up to the challenge?

DawgHouseUnited
09-04-2014, 02:53 PM
I had the worst luck trying to copy past a picture of the table, anyone else up to the challenge?

I can't get a pic to copy/paste, but since CD asked for a link, HERE'S ONE (http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/league-table.html).

CadaverDawg
09-04-2014, 02:54 PM
I can't get a pic to copy/paste, but since CD asked for a link, HERE'S ONE (http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/league-table.html).

Thanks guys